2011 German Grand Prix

I always like to see what peiple can come up with.

I have dual citizenship in America and Germany, as my mom is german and my dad is american.

So, it looks like next year I will have 2 home races.

And if the FIA get smart and take Valencia off the calendar, and move the Euro GP back to Germany, maybe ill have 3 home grands prix.

Sorry if I annoyed you guys.

I can see this race being a bit of a borefest. And vettel to win again, making it even more boring.

I always like to see what peiple can come up with.

I have dual citizenship in America and Germany, as my mom is german and my dad is american.

So, it looks like next year I will have 2 home races.

And if the FIA get smart and take Valencia off the calendar, and move the Euro GP back to Germany, maybe ill have 3 home grands prix.

Sorry if I annoyed you guys.

Don't worry about it man no one's annoyed. 👍

I really don't understand why people don't like the current Nurburgring GP. It's a good track in its own right, and if it was anywhere else, under any name other than the Nurburgring, you wouldn't have half as many people saying its a Tilke bore-fest.

It's much better than the current Hockenhiem.

I really don't understand why people don't like the current Nurburgring GP. It's a good track in its own right, and if it was anywhere else, under any name other than the Nurburgring, you wouldn't have half as many people saying its a Tilke bore-fest.

Agree.

And only the first section is Tilke's design, the first 4 turns leading up to the T1 split. I find that less disruptive to overall track flow than some of his other designs.

The rest of the track layout is the same as it was when the GP track opened in 1984. It's certainly no Nordschleife, but there's simply no way a modern day F1 race would be held on that track.

With the addition of DRS and the faster wearing Pirelli tires, I expect this to be an interesting race with much more action than we've seen in the past.

The GP course wasn't designed by Herman Tilke. It was made shortly after the Nurbirgring got the boot after Lauda's crash.

The GP course wasn't designed by Herman Tilke. It was made shortly after the Nurbirgring got the boot after Lauda's crash.

One part of the track is his design, as I mentioned below.

EDK
Agree.

And only the first section is Tilke's design, the first 4 turns leading up to the T1 split. I find that less disruptive to overall track flow than some of his other designs.

The rest of the track layout is the same as it was when the GP track opened in 1984. It's certainly no Nordschleife, but there's simply no way a modern day F1 race would be held on that track.

In some unrelated news, Sid Mosca died today at the age of 74. He painted helmets of several F1 drivers, the most famous being Ayrton Senna's:

sidmosca_grun.jpg

If you actually read the article, Vettel doesn't say that at all. He says "in the end it doesn't interest me who my teammate is, as long as he or she is honest and we respect one another". So he wants a team-mate that he can respect and who will respect him. and let's be perfectly honest - Mark Webber hasn't respected him too much. Regardless of who was at fault for the incident in Istanbul last year, Webber spent most of the rest of the season trying to court the public's sympathies and Vettel got attacked for the actions of the team. Vettel didnt request the front wing at Silverstone - Christian Horner made that call. And yet, Webber tried to divide public support and turn it on Vettel and the team. He had a go at it after the team orders were issued at Silverstone this year, but since he's 100 points behind Vettel, he hasn't got much of a leg to stand on.

Er, woah! Team Lotus drop Trulli and bring in Chandhok for one race!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14220866.stm

Didn't see that coming!

I don't expect Chandhok to be close to Kovalainen's pace, so if he manages that he has done pretty well.

I would like to see this move stick for the rest of the year. Chandhok never had much chance at HRT last year, and yet Trulli just seems to complain about everything and anything...

Er, woah! Team Lotus drop Trulli and bring in Chandhok for one race!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14220866.stm

Didn't see that coming!

I don't expect Chandhok to be close to Kovalainen's pace, so if he manages that he has done pretty well.
Stranger still: no explanation was given for Trulli's departure. And this is from a team that has gone out of their way to explain everything they do.

In light of Trulli's recent frustrations, I would not be surprised if this became a more-permanent thing.

Trulli hasn't "complained about everything", at least not in relation to Lotus. He has complained about the power steering specifically. Lotus have admitted there is an issue, so why is it wrong for Trulli to complain? Yes, Kovalainen has been quieter and out-qualified Trulli..but then Trulli has out-raced Kovalainen and generally matched him.

Chandhok is completely unproven. Its nice he's got the chance but I don't see this as that great a move for Lotus. At least it can't really do their chances much harm this weekend I guess.

Stranger still: no explanation was given for Trulli's departure. And this is from a team that has gone out of their way to explain everything they do.

In light of Trulli's recent frustrations, I would not be surprised if this became a more-permanent thing.

No explanation?

"Jarno will be stepping aside for him for this race and we will use Karun's feedback over the weekend as a comparison against Jarno's and Heikki's experiences this season with a number of aspects of the car, including the power steering system, to help us keep moving forward in 2011 and beyond."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93201

Pretty much the reason is "Trulli's problems with the power steering are annoying us now, so we're going to try someone else and see if its a genuine issue".

Maybe they believe that because Kovalainen has been getting into Q2 lately that there is some hidden pace in there that Trulli is failing to uncover?

I don't think hiring Chandhok instead is going to find that hidden pace...I really don't consider him faster than Trulli, even if its a supposedly demotivated, moaning Trulli.
Anyone who thinks Kovalainen and Trulli haven't been extracting the maximum from the car and that Chandhok now will is seriously deluded.

Chandhok is a nice guy, he did respectably at HRT last year (as much as one can) but he isn't a WDC in waiting. I will happily be proven wrong though.

If you actually read the article, Vettel doesn't say that at all.

And if you read what I said you'd notice I never explicitly said Vettel replied in such a way. Whether or not it was implied is an entirely different matter - yet, still, I never said Vettel said anything.

and let's be perfectly honest - Mark Webber hasn't respected him too much. Regardless of who was at fault for the incident in Istanbul last year, Webber spent most of the rest of the season trying to court the public's sympathies and Vettel got attacked for the actions of the team.

Wasn't it the "team" that tried to place the act of that incident on to Webber? Webber had very little courting to do, if anyone disliked Vettel for any reason at all was given more and more of a reason to knowing fully well who RB was behind more than anyone else - and why wouldn't they? I'm not going to sit here and turn a blind eye to it; Vettel was Red Bull from the beginning, was he not? (That's actually a serious question.) And in the same vain, Vettel's propensity to buckle under pressure and make quite a few unwise and rash decisions last certainly didn't help things.

Vettel didn't request the front wing at Silverstone - Christian Horner made that call.

I presume you know that as 100% fact, that Vettel didn't request it?

And yet, Webber tried to divide public support and turn it on Vettel and the team.

I'm also going to presume that had it been you you would have been perfectly fine with having a part, an upgraded part no less, removed from your chassis and fitted to your teammates with no denotation of a discussion nor notice...Other than seeing it being removed and replaced with an older piece?

Are you suggesting Webber's attitude after that was unjust?

------

Apologies if anything is taken out of context or replied to in such a way; replying from an iPhone...which is quite uncomfortable and tedious.

I think you are getting a bit carried away by trying to place blame on Vettel. At the end of the day, the ball is in the teams court with regards to decision making. It's hardly a secret that certain powers with big influence in the team favour the young German, but it should be remembered that you can hardly blame Vettel for this.

I think your personal dislike of Vettel is blinding you from the fact that its most likely misdirected anger, and that it should really be aimed at the team.

Nope Terronium, I would have to agree with you because that tends to show favortism toward one part of the team and not the other. However, wasn't that the same wing Vettle destroyed when he wrecked the car in practice and they weren't able to use it because that was the only version they had made? If I'm right than I'd say Webber had Karma in the backseat that weekend.

Hopefully it will be a great race. Karun stepping into the seat should provide us something to what he can do in the car that at least has got some good runs and improvements. The typical Nurburg weather could be part of the action this weekend!

I hope he does well, after him being on the commentary for the BBC Friday Practice, I've started to like him. Never really paid attention to him last year.

Back