2011 German Grand Prix

This is worth a second tought..

Looked to me very similar to Hamilton's Canada crash.

Fast closing speed + bad judgment of which side to make the pass.

With the DRS and KERS producing grate closing speed's, drivers have less time to think ahead of what might happen when they chose wrong.

It's clear as day that there was no excuse for Buemi pushing Heidfeld off the track. Buemi had plenty of time to react to any move that Heidfeld would have made on him. DRS + KERS doesn't cause that much of a difference on the closing rate, otherwise the driver behind would overtake every time they were in the DRS zone.

It can't be compared to Hamilton and Button in the Canadian GP because there was less visibility due to a wet track.

1743d11ger1908_2626126.jpg

Ina bid to get a cockpit for the next year,
Heidfeld is trying to fly like a Petrov!

Petrov still gets the points for the most air. :sly:

52092029_petrov_flying.jpg

I agree with you I'm looking for Hamilton or Alonso to win...but for my predictions this week and I hope I win this week in the competition I do this is what I have for the top 5.

Hamilton, Alonso, Webber (Hoping that he doesn't follow team orders and keeps the pace over vettle), Vettle and Button.

^ That was yesterday at 3:40PM PST
Almost a perfect prediction.

I honestly don't think Buemi was at fault for the incident. Heidfield should've backed off when Buemi cornered him ,but he kep the foot in there, and that happened as a result. The guys on SPEED were saying that Nick was at fault, and never really did turnaround and blame Buemi for being too aggressive.

It was an entertaining GP, such a shame that Button got retired, Vettel was not confident as always, which will effect him the upcoming races, great performance by Hamilton and great driving by Webber.

Also, :lol: at the end, I thought that the intake takes more air, like a vacuum or something.

I've watched the races on FOX and haven't heard any sounds that you have described.

Looks like Ferrari need to work on their pit stops.

Maybe it's a CHICAGO thing.
It's very easy to hear on lap 15, where Vettel is chasing down Massa.

Last edited:
By the way, here's what should be the next picture-caption contest photo:

11110.jpg
Mark Webber makes sure he clears the minimum weight requirement by picking up discarded bits off the racing line.

On a serious note, shouldn't Alonso be disqualified because he ran out of fuel? I'm pretty sure you need something like 2 litres left in your car after the races and what not.

You need 1 litter of fuel left but, as said on the f1 forum, it's impossible for the car to use all the fuel in the tank. I'm presuming it's like a straw in a glass. You drink it all but then there is a little bit left at the bottom.

There isn't a rule written in stone about it, Lewis ran out after qualy in 2010 at Canada, and the FIA just said to the teams that you must carry enough fuel to make it back to the pits.

Well, Webber was stuck behind someone as well (can't remember who) for quite a long way through the race so I wouldn't think that's a good example as the track seems to be impossible to overtake on. I mean the only overtake I can remember in that race was Kubica on Kobayashi.

There was a whole lot of action on track... Just none of it in favor of the Bulls...

I still contend that much of the trouble with overtaking at Red Bull is down to the car. It's been like that for years now... The Red Bull has some fantastic aerodynamics, including that infamous flexible front, that seem to get all crossed up when the drivers transition from slipstreaming to overtaking...

Most of the overtaking here was a factor of the tire differential... Hot versus cold. Lewis had the easiest time of it because his aggro style got heat into the tires quicker, on a car that uses its tires well... Not to say that he didn't deserve that win, because apart from that fluffle where he lost a place to Mark... Which he took back brilliantly, he was the best out there today... Apart from Alonso.

I would not blame Vettel for difficulty in overtaking... But the fact that he got himself behind Massa in the first place, thanks to that poor start and that untimely spin from dropping his outside wheels into the grass... Entirely his fault.

Some of the tightest overtaking battles were in the midfield... Schumi and Petrov, for one, were going at it like gangbusters.

Some of the tightest overtaking battles were in the midfield... Schumi and Petrov, for one, were going at it like gangbusters.

Yeah, seems there was enough action up front that coverage of the mid-pack was lacking as compared to prior races. Would liked to have seen more of the brilliant drives from Sutil and Kobayashi.

There isn't a rule written in stone about it, Lewis ran out after qualy in 2010 at Canada, and the FIA just said to the teams that you must carry enough fuel to make it back to the pits.
Actually, the Australian commentators also looked it up in the regulations and found that there must be at least 1 litre of fuel in the tank as akmuq mentioned. Since there hasn't been any mention of it, I'm going to assume Alonso is safe.

Awesome race anyhow, one of the best this year. Hamilton drove superbly all race, a few mishaps but he was able to overcome them right away. Webber and Alonso, once again, put in great drives too. I really would've been happy with any of the top three winning today.

EDK
Yeah, seems there was enough action up front that coverage of the mid-pack was lacking as compared to prior races. Would liked to have seen more of the brilliant drives from Sutil and Kobayashi.

So would I. Kobayashi gained 5 positions on the 1st couple of laps, alone. And I had no idea Sutil was running so well until near the end of the race.

this was the first F1 race that i watched start to finish since my exams where over...and Hamilton did us proud!

i really enjoyed watching the race!

whoever said F1 was getting boring dont know what their talking about!

Which driver do you support? I would say Massa because you are Brazilian. Am I correct?
As I said, I support Ferrari.

But if it's between Alonso and Massa then I'll choose Massa, though I reckon Alonso is the better driver. Indeed, he's the best on the grid.

^ That was yesterday at 3:40PM PST
Almost a perfect prediction.

I thought this as well, although I put Webber ahead of Alonso, and Button to come nowhere.

You need 1 litter of fuel left but, as said on the f1 forum, it's impossible for the car to use all the fuel in the tank. I'm presuming it's like a straw in a glass. You drink it all but then there is a little bit left at the bottom.

Alonso's car passes FIA fuel checks, Webber to receive no penalty.

I guess he's in the clear. I think because of the high temperature of the cars around the fuel tank some of the petrol vaporises. When it cools down again it turns back into a liquid and can then be measured.

Webber getting a penalty for being a nice bloke and giving Alonso a lift would really have taken the bisquit.

This is worth a second tought..

Looked to me very similar to Hamilton's Canada crash.

Fast closing speed + bad judgment of which side to make the pass.

With the DRS and KERS producing grate closing speed's, drivers have less time to think ahead of what might happen when they chose wrong.

The difference was that it was in the braking zone. Buemi had moved over to defend and then moved back to the racing line, whereas in Canada Button never left it.

I'd say it's more similar to Schumacher cutting up Massa on the back straight in Canada 2010.

EDIT: Not to mention there wasn't a wall of spray obstructing Buemi's view from the mirrors.

Last edited:

I beleive it only stands as a rule for qualifying sessions. As you say its not written in stone for the races but it is for the quali.

Really enjoyed that race. The battle between Hamilton, Alonso and Webber at the front was fantastic, all three thoroughly deserved to get on the podium.

Was a shame that Button retired - probably could have worked his way up to 4th in the end. Vettel seemed very uncomfortable for the whole race, and it was good to see a bit of fire in Schumacher's belly again even if he's still not as quick as he should be.

All in all, I'm very dissapointed with Ferrari's mistake with Massa's stop. I was expecting a very close fight again to the last corner but it just evaporated.

So I'd like to know, how many of you are against Team Lotus for putting in Karun Chandok last weekend? This has been a very hot topic involving Team Lotus fans...

All in all, I'm very dissapointed with Ferrari's mistake with Massa's stop. I was expecting a very close fight again to the last corner but it just evaporated.

So I'd like to know, how many of you are against Team Lotus for putting in Karun Chandok last weekend? This has been a very hot topic involving Team Lotus fans...

It's in his contract to run 2 GP this year, and one is the Indian GP. I'm fine with the low grid teams switching drivers since they are going to do whatever it takes to improve their performance. Without in-season testing, they can't test driver performance through the team without making someone give up their race seat for a weekend.

SPEED crew were talking about this and said it would have been better if they had Chandhok in the car for P1 and then put Trulli back in for the rest of the weekend, but I guess they didn't know about Chandhok's contract.

Thanks for the confirmation GTPorsche. I just don't like how negative all the Team Lotus fans are with Karun driving the car... Very dissapointed.

Thanks for the confirmation GTPorsche. I just don't like how negative all the Team Lotus fans are with Karun driving the car... Very dissapointed.

Well, in all fairness, he finished behind both HRT's. In a car that usually is pacier then the Virgins.

Back