2011 German Grand Prix

That race was brilliant! 3 drivers sticking together for the whole race. Ferrari and Mclaren really surprised me being able to match the Red Bull's all week in what was supposedly bad temperatures for them. Hungary is hotter but it's very high downforce so probably a Red Bull win, if Webber wins however, Vettel might be completly down on confidence and it could be a good chase to the title. I tought he would have lost his confidence after Canada but he didn't so I'm not sure...

Bugger, one minute fellas.

Here:

185290_10150335610693169_716653168_9441930_2944988_n.jpg

Neutral evil, thats sure to trigger debate!

Only thing that really could make brazilians feel they do not belong to latin America comes from Brazil being the only non spanish-speaking country in all of the Americas south of the USA. But portuguese is, as spanish, a latin language so there's no doubt that linguistically Brazil is a latin(speaking) american country.

And surely, just as we (portuguese and spanish) in Eurpe are very different between ourselves, it's also true we both have a lot in common, notably we both use latin languages. Same in central & south american countries, commonly designated as latin american countries.

Mclaren was the fastest car in the straight part of the track, from what the commentators were saying. I have no idea if that is engine power or whether it was due to reduced drag from the wing.

So if it is engine power, Mclaren should be pretty close again (hopefully) while Fezzas will be up there with their tyre management.

Great race, too bad Vettel managed to pass Felipe at the last lap. Seems like he was afraid to push it on the track.

Although Petrov has the widest car ever against Button. This was annoying, but very good racing, however!

He is becoming a really good defensive driver. We're heading to Hungaroring where he had a good result last year. Given the general lack of overtaking at the Hungaroring, if he can qualify strongly and get a good start, he could be in for a very good result.

Why does everyone have to be a fan or hater? Maybe he just wanted to see a great race on track that would lead to an overtake rather than a tactical pass.

He is becoming a really good defensive driver. We're heading to Hungaroring where he had a good result last year. Given the general lack of overtaking at the Hungaroring, if he can qualify strongly and get a good start, he could be in for a very good result.

I wonder where Petrov would be if he was in a Red Bull, McLaren or Ferrari.

Too bad? Are you a Massa fan? Or a Vettel Hater? Who do you support in F1?

I suspect livemusic being from Brasil makes it natural that he feels for Massa ... anyway, why the need to classify our liking of F1 between LOVE and HATE? I understand that in English such words are used in a much lighter way than they are in, say, my own language but come on ... without me being a fan of either driver I also felt for Massa, losing in the pits what he briliantly fought for during half a race !!! Sad indeed

I did feel for Massa when he lost out on the pits. If Red Bull had pitted a lap earlier, it would have at least been slightly more exciting.

Also, Massa did drive very well, knew when to do defensive driving when required and when to back off. Considering that Vettel was actually a bit faster than Massa behind him, but could never actually make any form of overtaking move? Its either his racecraft that time wasn't quite there or the RB car is just bad behind another car. Or that Massa had been drinking some amazingly powerful and confident-inspiring juice...

I did feel for Massa when he lost out on the pits. If Red Bull had pitted a lap earlier, it would have at least been slightly more exciting.

Also, Massa did drive very well, knew when to do defensive driving when required and when to back off. Considering that Vettel was actually a bit faster than Massa behind him, but could never actually make any form of overtaking move? Its either his racecraft that time wasn't quite there or the RB car is just bad behind another car. Or that Massa had been drinking some amazingly powerful and confident-inspiring juice...
It seemed to me Vettel could've tried to pass on the inside of the first corner a couple of times, I guess he thought it wasn't worth it for the 4th place.

By the way, Petrov was doing a brilliant job defending his position.

Massa just hasn't had any luck in a long time, whenever it looks like he might be a challenger something goes wrong. Alonso strolled past at Hockenheim, wrong strategy in china, HRT was in the way in Canada. One day he will win again, I'm sure of it.

Yes, you should, in sports the rivalry is restricted to soccer. But relax, as most Brazillians you'll met on internet will be from the southern region.

Very well, in light of the recent corrections, I have this to state;

Latinamerican representation did pretty good today. 5th for Massa, 11th for Perez, and 14th for Maldonado. 👍

Now if you'll excuse me peoples, I have Nipponese sensibilities to offend, denying that they are Asians. :dopey:

Truth be told, nice to know that Most Brazilians still associate with their other neighbors in that I.D. . Can't imagine a Latinamerica without Brazilians. :sly:

The steward must isquilify the first place finsher.

That is not Lewis but a look-a-like, Lewis does something to upset the stewards every race but nothing this time.

Well done Hamilton, Alonso and Webber. Vettel has once more shown that he is very far from spectacular when it comes to racing an opponent on a similar tyre strategy. The man can't pass.

Well done Hamilton, Alonso and Webber. Vettel has once more shown that he is very far from spectacular when it comes to racing an opponent on a similar tyre strategy. The man can't pass.

In the pits he can. ;)

It sounded like he almost stalled at the start, he was lucky to maintain second place.

Hamilton passed Webber in the start and Alonso on lap 33 when the latter was coming from the pits with cold tyres. Alonso passed Vettel once in the start and again on lap 8. Webber passed Sutil on lap 16. Vettel passed Alonso on lap 2 and Kobayashi on lap 20.

Those were the passes made by the top four according to www.formula1.com live timing commentatory. All other position changes in the sharp end were results of pit stops.

So yeah, it's only Vettel who can't overtake while everyone else is obviously passing people left and right...

Back