2012 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 17th - 20th May

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 1,903 comments
Well, quite surprised they were in the top 30 because of two disqualifications ahead of them...who were they?

EDIT: I found one:

According to the result list, the other car should be the #65 Hankook SLS AMG. It's the only other car with more than 136 laps who did not finish. I feel sorry for the team, it looked like they were gonna cry when the car broke down. No wonder after working so hard and with only 20 minutes left to go.

Yes, in all the confusion at the end everyone seems to have forgotten that.

It was a real heart breaker as well, steam pouring out from under the bonnet way too far away from the pits to get any kind of attention.

I was there this year for the first time, it was great! Until 2am in the morning, more on that story in the write up with HD pics and videos I'll be doing tomorrow! But I'll post some pics in here nonetheless too in a few mins.

Alex p.
I was there this year for the first time, it was great! Until 2am in the morning, more on that story in the write up with HD pics and videos I'll be doing tomorrow! But I'll post some pics in here nonetheless too in a few mins.

I expect boobies ;)

One image should do it haha: (All the other stuff tomorrow in an extra thread in the rumble strip section):
dscn0659p.jpg

Last edited:
The post was a picture of a persons hips though... I'm not sure what that has to do with the Nurburgring, I'm a hypocrite I know for criticising others for going off topic. But that guys facial expression was, FREAKY! I saw a picture of Kimi Raikkonen like that once, it gave small children nightmares.

The post was a picture of a persons hips though... I'm not sure what that has to do with the Nurburgring,

Well that was from the actual race feed where the camera unexpectly goes from on-track action to that shot and basically I just decided to post a funny response to it. Of course, that odd finish soon happens (still shaking my head over that) and I forget all about it.

I'm a hypocrite I know for criticising others for going off topic. But that guys facial expression was, FREAKY! I saw a picture of Kimi Raikkonen like that once, it gave small children nightmares.

Kimi looked like that? This I have to see :lol:

What happened to the SLS that was in the lead in the morning?

I believe it finished third in quite the bizarre finish (Assuming it was that silver 66).

Well that was from the actual race feed where the camera unexpectly goes from on-track action to that shot and basically I just decided to post a funny response to it. Of course, that odd finish soon happens (still shaking my head over that) and I forget all about it.

OK, I missed that! :cheers:

Kimi looked like that? This I have to see :lol:

He did, I can't remember where the picture was, I believe it was on the WRC website back when he was in rallying, me and my friends edited it even more until it looked like he'd just seen Weegee appear.

What happened to the SLS that was in the lead in the morning?

I don't know exactly which SLS you mean but smoke started pouring out of the bonnet vents on one of them, I think it was a coolant problem and then it eventually pulled off the track. It was only like 10-15 mins from the end of the race!

I don't know exactly which SLS you mean but smoke started pouring out of the bonnet vents on one of them, I think it was a coolant problem and then it eventually pulled off the track. It was only like 10-15 mins from the end of the race!

I can't seem to recall but early in the morning 6:00 - 7:00, there was a SLS in 1st and the Bistein Audi R8 in 2nd. The SLS fell back one position, then I fell asleep. Could it have been the Hankook car? (What happened to the Hankook car?)

Edit:

Watch from 17:23 - 19:00 :lol:

Edit 2:

35izn28.jpg

:lol: - Budget driver ftw!

Last edited:
Was Watching the last lap Porsche accident on youtube again, then i noticed this funny reaction.
i couldn't resist. :D

Mercedes supporter goes undercover.
Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas tweeted that Kazunori was driving the first stint.

P45 @Kaz_Yamauchi in car. 2 laps to go for my stint. #N24h

That was about 2.5 hours in. 3 hours later he Tweeted that he'd got a puncture on the last lap of his stint.

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!
Unfortunately our fan belt ripped at adenauer forst and it was unrepairable, so we had to retire 1hour before race finish!

Top20 would have been possible, which was also our target.

Non the less was an awesome, great weekend and im looking forward to the next VLN race on June 23rd where i'm running the #99 GT3 Cup again.

Was also nice meeting 3 of GTP's members! Had a very nice chat with them! great guys!

Ill try to upload a few parts and bits from my helmet cam videos (night & day stints), thing is though, that due to legal licencing issues, im technically not allowed to publish any onboard videos from the 24h event. Ill try my best though

Cheers all :cheers:

Chris

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!
Unfortunately our fan belt ripped at adenauer forst and it was unrepairable, so we had to retire 1hour before race finish!

Non the less was an awesome, great weekend and im looking forward to the next VLN race on June 23rd where i'm running the #99 GT3 Cup again.

Was also nice meeting 3 of GTP's members! Had a very nice chat with them! great guys!

Ill try to upload a few parts and bits from my helmet cam videos (night & day stints), thing is though, that due to legal licencing issues, im technically not allowed to publish any onboard videos from the 24h event. Ill try my best though

Chris

good to see you had a great race and sad you retired. So how many hours have you driven in total? Just curious :D

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!

Chris

I am sorry about you retiring from the race. Vince, Poolhaas, and I rooted for you, without the proper result. Next time better!

I did enjoy the time you took to talk to us. Very informative. I will post some pics later on. Work keeping me busy now...

Christhedude
Hey all,

what a weekend that was!

Chris

Yeah, this was a epic endurance race, alot of action, drama and pure ardrealine. I loved it! :D

Sad to hear that after all that racing you had to retire, you guys were almost there. :( I can't wait to see the videos though. You're living the utlimate dream bro, props! :D:tup::cheers:

Back