2012 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring 17th - 20th May

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 1,903 comments
Christhedude
Hey all,

what a weekend that was!
Unfortunately our fan belt ripped at adenauer forst and it was unrepairable, so we had to retire 1hour before race finish!

Top20 would have been possible, which was also our target.

Non the less was an awesome, great weekend and im looking forward to the next VLN race on June 23rd where i'm running the #99 GT3 Cup again.

Was also nice meeting 3 of GTP's members! Had a very nice chat with them! great guys!

Ill try to upload a few parts and bits from my helmet cam videos (night & day stints), thing is though, that due to legal licencing issues, im technically not allowed to publish any onboard videos from the 24h event. Ill try my best though

Cheers all :cheers:

Chris

Good to hear you and your team still got something out of the race. In addition you got several shouts on RLM, so maybe that's worth something, too.

Anyway best of luck next time!

Good to hear you and your team still got something out of the race. In addition you got several shouts on RLM, so maybe that's worth something, too.

Anyway best of luck next time!

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!
Unfortunately our fan belt ripped at adenauer forst and it was unrepairable, so we had to retire 1hour before race finish!

Non the less was an awesome, great weekend and im looking forward to the next VLN race on June 23rd where i'm running the #99 GT3 Cup again.

Was also nice meeting 3 of GTP's members! Had a very nice chat with them! great guys!

Ill try to upload a few parts and bits from my helmet cam videos (night & day stints), thing is though, that due to legal licencing issues, im technically not allowed to publish any onboard videos from the 24h event. Ill try my best though

Chris

Couldn't agree more. We did what we could to get shout outs for our favorite cars. The #23, #123 and #54. I think that GT Planet got the most shout outs by far. We were definitely the most active on the RLM forums during the race.

Couldn't agree more. We did what we could to get shout outs for our favorite cars. The #23, #123 and #54. I think that GT Planet got the most shout outs by far. We were definitely the most active on the RLM forums during the race.

I think it was early Sunday morning, Lucas was a second time on RLM and John stated how he was flooded with GTP requests. Quoting from memory "There wasn't one or two questions, but literary hundreds of them."

edit: Hooray, that was post #1000. And what a nice topic to achieve this :D

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!
Sorry about that fan belt, but I'm glad to hear you had a great time; just being able to participate in a race like that has to be an awesome experience. 👍

I'll post this for all the people that didn't see the dramatic finish with audio from RLM

Upto the chequered flag

Celebrations

Last edited:
Grenade
I'll post this for all the people that didn't see the dramatic finish with audio from RLM

Upto the chequered flag

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQ5UXKKKUc&feature=context-gfa">YouTube Link</a>

Celebrations

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9ER_FGtS4&feature=relmfu">YouTube Link</a>

Very good job. I was watching the Audi feed and listening to RLM live but very very nice to have this kind of replay of a race which is no doubt going to be remembered for a long time.

I still don't understand what the touring car driver was thinking when he slammed into the Wochenspeigel Porsche!

I also still don't understand why the Porsche driver stopped on the racing line! Both of their fault in my opinion.

He couldn't finish another lap due to low fuel and the 24 hour timer was almost up, so I guess... wait?

I guess so.. But then he could've wait on the inside instead of on the racing line. He should know that cars are still pushing and going fast on the racing line!

Hey all,

what a weekend that was!

Chris

cheers Chris, congratulations for being able to stay for quite long in the race 👍

Grenade

Upto the chequered flag

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQ5UXKKKUc&feature=context-gfa">YouTube Link</a>

Celebrations

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9ER_FGtS4&feature=relmfu">YouTube Link</a>

What a epic race at the end. All the tension, action and drama at the finish of a grueling endurance. Love it all.

P.S. Did anyone got a good look at the blonde haired girl with the black outfit and heels? :sly:

I guess so.. But then he could've wait on the inside instead of on the racing line. He should know that cars are still pushing and going fast on the racing line!

So your saying he should of pulled up next to the pitwall, where cars get close to their teams as they cross the finish line. I don't think that would of been wise or popular with anyone else. Also the Porsche and Mercedes were the only cars still pushing at that time, everything else had slowed to wait for the lead Audi that came across the line only a few seconds after that pair.

So your saying he should of pulled up next to the pitwall, where cars get close to their teams as they cross the finish line. I don't think that would of been wise or popular with anyone else. Also the Porsche and Mercedes were the only cars still pushing at that time, everything else had slowed to wait for the lead Audi that came across the line only a few seconds after that pair.

Yes. What was his real intention anyway? Didn't want to cross the line to finish another lap or simply ran out of fuel on the spot?

If he didn't want to get to the wall, why not pull over to the grass? Didn't he realised that he was slowing down almost stopping on the racing line? I'll ask you a question. Will you do exactly the same as the driver of the Porsche when clearly there was a driver behind?

Sure, the Clio driver was at fault for not paying attention to the slow car in front but also bigger fault for the Porsche driver for slowing/almost stopping on the racing line!

InvincibleM5
Yes. What was his real intention anyway? Didn't want to cross the line to finish another lap or simply ran out of fuel on the spot?

If he didn't want to get to the wall, why not pull over to the grass? Didn't he realised that he was slowing down almost stopping on the racing line? I'll ask you a question. Will you do exactly the same as the driver of the Porsche when clearly there was a driver behind?

Sure, the Clio driver was at fault for not paying attention to the slow car in front but also bigger fault for the Porsche driver for slowing/almost stopping on the racing line!

This.

They were at fault here, no if or buts about it.

Now, I know sound doesn't mean anything anymore with Audi Diesel racecars, but the GTR being a petrol car it sounds not like a war machine as the 911's do. But Chris might eloborate on that.

My guess: Chris' 911 is quit a bit faster in acceleration.

Alex p.: I am going to read your adventures now!

Does the bright motec gauge distract you?

no but the shift LED's are way too bright for night racing, hence we had to put some tape over them to reduce the flare.

Is your Porsche much faster then the GT-R? I know the GT-R is practically factory stock but I don't know to much about your Porsche.

yes it is much faster, even though our SP7 GT3 Cup was a 2010 model with the old 3.8 445bhp engine, where as the other SP7's had the 2011 4.0 480bhp engines + the cup gt3's only weigh 1250kg

Chris

Indeed there was only one other. It was a #23 Nissan GT-R. In fact, it's my avatar currently.

yes it is much faster, even though our SP7 GT3 Cup was a 2010 model with the old 3.8 445bhp engine, where as the other SP7's had the 2011 4.0 480bhp engines + the cup gt3's only weigh 1250kg

Chris

Cool. That's actually a little more horsepower then I had thought originally. :)

Back