• 1,589 comments

Matty

Insert User Title Here
Premium
Ireland
Mother's House
MattyMc1996
Egg's box? £3.60.
After a long championship with 8 race winners this season so far and 6 Driver's Championship winners it would never be easy for this seasons Champion, we now have only two title contenders, Vettel, and Alonso. With only a 13 point lead Vettel will need a strong finish and Alonso to be behind him in any case, where as Alonso will want the same. With the Constructors wrapped up both teams can fully concentrate on their drivers chances. Who will win?​

Track Map:​
Untitled-3.png

Lap Record - Juan Pablo Montoya 1:11.473
Laps - 71
Lap Distence - 4.309km

2009 Pole lap in the wet with Rubens Barricello

Sorry for no 2011 or 2010 pole, could not find any non-sim lap.

Drivers Championship after Round 19 (Top 10 Only)
  1. Sebastian Vettel - German - Red Bull Racing-Renault - 273
  2. Fernando Alonso - Spanish - Scuderia-Ferrrai - 260
  3. Kimi Raikkonen - Finnish - Lotus-Renault - 206
  4. Lewis Hamilton - British - McLaren-Mercedes - 190
  5. Mark Webber - Australian - Red Bull Racing-Renault - 167
  6. Jenson Buttom - British - McLaren-Mercedes - 163
  7. Felipe Massa - Brazilian - Scuderia-Ferrari - 107
  8. Romain Grosjean - French - Lotus-Renault - 96
  9. Nico Rosberg - German - Mercedes - 93
  10. Sergio Perez - Mexican - Sauber-Ferrari - 66

Constructors Championship after Round 19
  1. Red Bull Racing-Renault - 440
  2. Scuderia Ferrari - 367
  3. McLaren-Mercedes - 353
  4. Lotus-Renault - 302
  5. Mercedes - 136
  6. Sauber-Ferrari - 124
  7. Force India-Mercedes - 99
  8. Williams-Renault - 76
  9. Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari - 22
  10. Marrusia-Cosworth - 0
  11. Caterham-Renault - 0
  12. Hispania Team Racing-Cosworth - 0

Last edited:
I believe there is plans on that but I am unsure. Though not much they can do in fairness.

The rumored plan was to relocate the pits and garages to Reta Oposta. They have more than enough space to do so.

As much as I would like a move for driver safety I would hate it for track integrity. Not having a blind, often wet, and brilliant first turn like that I would fear I wouldn't like it as much.

They could just move the wall up the hill a bit though? and have traffic cones there? Or hollow bollards or styrofoam brake markers for the pit lane?

Last I heard 40% Chance of rain on Sunday.

Matty
With only a 13 point lead Vettel will need a strong finish and Alonso to be behind him in any case....

Not so. Alonso can finish ahead of Vettel and Vettel still win the championship. If Alonso wins in Brazil and Vettel is second, Vettel still wins. If Vettel finishes third and Alonso second, Vettel still wins. Alonso can win with Vettel third and Vettel still wins because there is only a ten-point difference between first and third.

Wow, that pole lap is so smooth by Rubens.

And if you want to watch a dry and more recent pole lap, you can go to Formula 1's website: http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/

About the weather: Do not even bother, yet. It's too early.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14138

Vettel will be champion if:
- Vettel finishes in the top 4
- Vettel finishes P5-P7, Alonso finishes P2 or lower
- Vettel P8-P9, Alonso finishes P3 or lower
- Vettel finishes P10/DNFs, Alonso off the podium

Alonso will be champion if:
- Alonso wins, Vettel finishes P5 or lower
- Alonso P2, Vettel finishes P8 or lower
- Alonso P3, Vettel finishes P10 or lower
- If Alonso is off the podium, he CANNOT be champion.

Last edited:
Rain, out of nowhere in lap 32. Best race of the season, best championship ending ever!

Edit.

I hope.

IceMan PJN
Not so. Alonso can finish ahead of Vettel and Vettel still win the championship. If Alonso wins in Brazil and Vettel is second, Vettel still wins. If Vettel finishes third and Alonso second, Vettel still wins. Alonso can win with Vettel third and Vettel still wins because there is only a ten-point difference between first and third.

I misworded myself, I meant he would want. But anyway I hope you understand what I meant.

Its allmost impossible to say the weather now. Maybe we can get a better picture of the weather Friday or something. Alonso is just too fast in the rain. I hope it rains, and now that i said it i wont.

I love this track and really looking forward to this race.
One of the last classic tracks in formula one, it would be nice to see some rain.

A funny 'inside line' interview with Kimi on the official F1 website :D
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2012/11/14087.html

Highlights:
Q: What’s been your most valuable life lesson?
KR: Never give up

Q: If you could give your younger self some advice what would it be?
KR: Never give up.

Q: What’s the best advice you have been given?
KR: Never give up

Q: What would you spend your last dollar on?
KR: Ive got an idea, but its a secret. (laughs)

Legend! :lol:

So looking forward to this race, but it will be bittersweet. I can't believe how fast the season has flown by. :eek:

I remember waking up somewhere around 5am just to watch the season opener at Australia, and now it feels like no time has passed. I hope it rains.

Some Twittering coming in from Spain that says HRT has closed doors:

@JamesAllenonF1 Colleagues in Spain telling me HRT HQ is closing, all staff have redundancy notices.

Probably two empty grid slots in Brazil then.

Famine

I hope they do close doors. They didnt even belong to F1.

A message to HRT:

So long, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

On second thought, let it, you need whatever boost you can get.:lol:

Oh come on, there's been far less prepared and dubious teams in F1. They never cheated, weren't five laps down at every event, showed up every previous event, qualified for nearly all races, and made no absurd excuses for their performance. Sorry to see them go, to be honest.

There's quite literally twenty other teams with ridiculous forays and finishes in F1.

That's sad but the team hasn't shown any signs of improvement, at least Marussia look as if they will start moving up the field. Let's not forget Marussia have no KERS and are using the Cosworth engine and they are starting to match Caterham.

Good news...no more cucumbers deciding Championships (2010 & potentially this year) while adding absolutely nothing meaningful to the show IMO :sly:

Latest Posts

Back