2012 Grand Premio Petrobras do Brasil

• Thread starter Matty
  • 1,589 comments
Oh come on, there's been far less prepared and dubious teams in F1. They never cheated, weren't five laps down at every event, showed up every previous event, qualified for nearly all races, and made no absurd excuses for their performance. Sorry to see them go, to be honest.

There's quite literally twenty other teams with ridiculous forays and finishes in F1.

I agree, HRT hardly set the world alight but aren't a disgrace to F1 either. I would rather there be 24 cars on the grid than 22.

They probably will retire after Brasil, If they have only just been given redundantcy notices.

But the worst team of all has got to be Life.

It's sad to see any team go really, even one like HRT. I mean, the last team to go before was Super Aguri and they were legendary in '07. HRT haven't been legendary at all, but it's not like they exactly buggered it all up.

Q: What would you spend your last dollar on?
KR: Ive got an idea, but its a secret. (laughs)

Legend! :lol:

Even better answer:

Q: What do you admire?
KR: Those boys from 1960s and early ‘70s in F1. Drivers made from steel in cars made of wood.

I think it's sad, they just needed to find more money and next year they could've added more to the show, especially if they got someone to replace Narain. I feel bad for Pedro and Dani though, they deserve drives. If Austin was their last race, I'm glad I got to see them and both cars finished.

I would like Alonso to win with Kimi, Button, Webber, and Grosjean separating him from Vettel. And Vettel fighting with Kimi for the championship win... In the rain.

It's a shame that if Alonso in Vettel have to duel it out... Alonso loses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like Alonso to win with Kimi, Button, Webber, and Grosjean separating him from Vettel. And Vettel fighting with Kimi for the championship win... In the rain.

It's a shame that if Alonso in Vettel have to duel it out... Alonso loses.

Alonso and Vettel duel it out for the opening stint, then after a well-timed later pit stop Ferrari take the advantage from Vettel while Vettel's tires degrade for the rest of the race, with him having to defend positions but ultimately failing in the end for an Alonso win. Or a Schumacher win in a rainy track with Alonso second but still winning the championship. Or a Schumacher win. Any option is fine with me. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MÜLE_9242;7830592
So unless Vettel chokes in the wet, the title is his, right?

Don't forget his maiden win at Monza when he was still with Toro Rosso. This last race is setting itself up nicely to become a true classic.

MÜLE_9242;7830592
So unless Vettel chokes in the wet, the title is his, right?

Basically, yes. He just needs a top 4 finish. The last time he failed to do that (not including his alternator packing up in Monza) was in the German GP, 10 races ago. Since Monza he's finished on the podium every time (the last 6 races).

Pupik
Oh come on, there's been far less prepared and dubious teams in F1. They never cheated, weren't five laps down at every event, showed up every previous event, qualified for nearly all races, and made no absurd excuses for their performance. Sorry to see them go, to be honest.

There's quite literally twenty other teams with ridiculous forays and finishes in F1.

I can only agree with this, it'll be a great shame for sure. Adios HRT.

Basically, as long as the RB8 doesn't break down, it'll win (or do enough to hand Vettel the title), but I don't think there's any doubt the rain will give Alonso the best possible chance to win the championship, so at least we have some non-mechanical-failure-related hope going into the weekend.

Alonso finishing half a minute behind Vettel's RB8 in Austin was disturbing, but I don't think we'd see that in a dry Brazil, maybe 15 seconds behind I'd say.

Anyhow, I like what I see here:
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...mw:00000.1.83780&yday=329&weekday=Sunday&MR=1

In very wet conditions the Ferrari has looked the best but it has been a long time since we have seen a very wet race/session where serious times have been set.

I'm not necessarily worried about the two title fighters here, I know Alonso and Vettel can handle themselves in the wet, it's the other drivers that I'm worried about. They're all fighting hard as ever, so hopefully all drivers can keep it together. What I don't want is a wet qualifying and dry race, it would be better the other way around. I can't imagine how Vettel would feel being qualified upfront then the rain starts to fall before the start. I can't think of a time he's been under more pressure.

In 2010, he was sort of just doing his race, it was Alonso and Webber that were fighting for the WDC, Vettel was the dark horse, so when they finally told him he was champ, he was all, " O_O... I am?!"
Then last year he had it wrapped up in Japan. This is the first time he really needs to be on point along with a good amount of pressure, so it'll be interesting to see if anything goes wrong on his part, but I doubt it. He holds himself pretty well under pressure, but this is the true test.

It would be cool to at least see Alonso and Vettel go wheel to wheel, can't recall a time seeing that before this year :/

It would be cool to at least see Alonso and Vettel go wheel to wheel, can't recall a time seeing that before this year :/

Monza is the only time I can think of and that only happened because Alonso had a much faster car but had troubles in qualifying. It will be interesting to see how much of a role Mark and Felipe will play.

For sure, Felipe's been gaining a lot more ground lately so I expect him to show some of his pre-accident domination over Interlagos. Would be awesome to see him snatch pole away from Vettel with Alonso not far behind, seeing how Vettel deals with a red roadblock with spray in his face through Senna D:

All this talk about an exciting championship end, but what if in reality Vettel starts on pole, pulls a gap, and is never to be seen again by 2nd place? :(

Then we will praise an outstanding championship, that gave us:

a) a display of pure speed from Vettel and Hamilton;

b) a display of a fantastic "never giving up, never putting a foot wrong, being best than the car" Alonso.

c) A fantastic comeback (to F1) from Kimi;

d) A unexpected comeback (to form) from Massa;

e) And many more less important good things*

*no need to talk about the bad ones.

All this talk about an exciting championship end, but what if in reality Vettel starts on pole, pulls a gap, and is never to be seen again by 2nd place? :(

Massa will wait for Vettel to come up behind him and either hit Seb or crash in front of Vettel in the pit lane to block him. I'm sure Ferrari have planned for Vettel pulling away as it is highly likely.

b) a display of a fantastic "never giving up, never putting a foot wrong, being best than the car" Alonso.

Don't forget the early parts of the season, unexpected winners, Schumacher's return to the podium, close battles, tire strategies, intense races at normally monotonous venues (Valencia), and also a great mix of screw ups and successes.

Does anyone here want Felipe to be the deciding factor in the championship, with he and Vettel fighting for fifth, battling until the last corner and to see who comes to the line first?

EDIT - Looks like I've been tree'd unexpectedly by Peasantslayer. Nice timing 👍

Right on.

But to the other replies: I highly doubt Massa would do anything like intentional contact with Vettel, that would lose them so much respect it'd be a death-wish.
Yes, Ferrari's done things, but they're not Briatore, this would be worse.

What skilla suggests would be epic, Mass Vs. Vettel down to the last laps in the wet with Alonso on the win. omg my chest x)

HRT is certainly better than Pacific.

But the worst team of all has got to be Life.

Wow, that's amazing. :eek::lol:

I'm also a bit sad to see HRT go. They were never an awesome team, but I think it's a shame to see any team have to leave any racing series, since that means fewer cars & drivers on the track.

As far as the race goes, I'd like to see Alonso take the championship, though I don't know why :lol: I'm far from a fan, but I admire his driving ability. Of course, Vettel has awesome skill as well, and his chances at winning another title are better. I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I've been thinking about F1 wayyy too much recently haha, I had a full on nightmare about it, woke up thinking I had watched the final race and the title was decided. I forgot it for the most part (should've wrote it down right after I got up) but it wasn't good 3:

I can see Massa being ordered to go a lap down and intentionally block Vettel for a few laps early on until Alonso gets past. Then serving a penalty rinse and repeat until stop and go.

Back