2012 Korean Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 376 comments
It's good to see a points battle between two drivers aiming to be the youngest three time world champion, but i'd rather see the two fight it out more on the track.

+1. đź‘Ť
Didn't notice until you said it!

MUSC4EVER
God the Austrain anthem sounds so depressing!!

I quite like it actually. I like pretty much every national anthem except my own. The American one is a little boring too. *ducks*

Ferrari take second from Mclaren in the constructors. The WDC is almost in Vettel's hand, unless Alonso and Ferrari step up their game.

Great battle with Kimi from Hamilton considering his car was about 2 seconds a lap slower and struggled to maintain stability even on the straights. Everyone else drives up against the astroturf and nothing happens to them :ouch: and another comical pit stop from Mclaren. :banghead:

Here's to hoping Ferrari reveal their ultra-top secret triple DRS system next weekend.

And Kimi Raikkonen goes on to win the world championship when Lotus reveals their quadruple DRS system. :dopey:

Gotta give credit to Newey. After Brawn's difficulties with Double DRS and the sick realization that it would require major reworking, it seemde like everyome wrote it off... But Newey worked at it and found a simpler, more effective way to do it.

And their race pace, fantastic. Of course, we knew they'd be faster than Ferrari, and McLaren seemed to shoot themselves in the foot, again. Or perhaps someone Gangnam'd Lewis' suspension in the pits before the race.

Thought this was a better race than Suzuka last sunday! it was Vettel all the way but there was some great battles further down the field, mostly involving Hamilton and Grosjean, constructer wise its Redbull's to lose as they have get a big lead over Ferrari and Mclaren..

..the drivers title is far from over though!..anything can happen in the next four races!..

..my drivers of the day are Vettel and Massa and loser has got to go to Hamilton!:ouch:

Really? I was on the edge of my seat with Massa and Kobayashi all the way on Suzuka. This race just seemed... monotonous compared to other races.

Hamilton says he had a rear suspension failure in the second stint so he must have drove well to get 10th when you consider he had a pit stop problem and a carpet stuck on his car.

Really? I was on the edge of my seat with Massa and Kobayashi all the way on Suzuka. This race just seemed... monotonous compared to other races.

Same. Despite the Vettel dominance, Japan was a very good race. Watching Button close on Kobayashi was nail-biting. This race by comparison was very boring. Had Massa been released by Alonso, or if Raikkonen's Lotus was faster than the Ferrari, things would have gotten a lot more interesting.

Japan certainly had more tension near the front, but this race seems to have had more wheel-to-wheel battles for other positions with more overtakes. Enjoyed Suzuka more, but this one wasn't bad at all.

So, overall, do you guys think Vettel will win the championship? After this race, he'll just repeat the performance at India if nothing goes wrong for him, so do any of you believe, realistically, that Alonso has a chance of winning the championship?

I believe that he has a small chance of doing it, but Vettel will win it most likely. I'll even go out on a limb and say congratulations on the WDC, Vettel.

Eddie Jordan dancing. đź‘Ť

So, overall, do you guys think Vettel will win the championship? After this race, he'll just repeat the performance at India if nothing goes wrong for him, so do any of you believe, realistically, that Alonso has a chance of winning the championship?

I believe that he has a small chance of doing it, but Vettel will win it most likely. I'll even go out on a limb and say congratulations on the WDC, Vettel.

The Ferrari looks quite good and if Vettel has a DNF then who knows. You would have to say though that Vettel is the favourite because he has the best car, the 2nd best team behind him (after Ferrari) and the lead in the championship.

Alonso still have the chance. It'll be two horse race from now on. He just need more better car and luck for the next last races to lead and Vettel just need to have one or two bad luck to end his 3rd consecutive title.

Realistically, only Alonso has the points and only Lewis has the pace. It's going to take a very long shot for anyone to beat Vettel. Red Bull has the best car and the best development team. Race after race, Newey seems to pull another rabbit put of his hat... That RBR was on the edge of tire destruction, and it atill won.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!! Vettel wins again! The championship his his!

I'll have to admit though. The last ten laps or so took about a decade off my lifespan. I was sweating that one! :scared:

And the Vettel haters are music to my ears. :D

Just watching replays of the Kobayashi incident..has he been taking advice from Grosjean?!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!! Vettel wins again! The championship his his!

I'll have to admit though. The last ten laps or so took about a decade off my lifespan. I was sweating that one! :scared:

And the Vettel haters are music to my ears. :D

He's been in a car that will probably win the constructors for the 3rd consecutive year, Newey is starting to wind me up now :grumpy: I think they were worrying too much about the tyres going off, he had a big lead and Webber was always there as a bit of an obstacle. I keep looking at the calendar for a race where Vettel and the Red Bull won't dominate.

I'd be worried, too, if the cords on my tires were showing.

But that's just me.

I'd like to know what clutch settings Webber and Vettel were told to use.Pretty sure that would explain where Webber 'lost' the lead.

Still, props to Vettel for doing what he does best.

I guess it had a couple of amusing battles, but overall it was pretty dull.

The result was absolutely perfect for me as a Vettel and Red Bull fan, but again, it was pretty dull...

Vettel and Red Bull currently have the momentum and it's looking great for them, but the championship is not over until it's over. There's always the possibility that the reverse of Japan happens.

What have happened to McLaren? Terrible car performance and terrible strategy. Over thirty laps on the Soft tyres? Yeah, right... Everyone saw it coming that he would have to switch to a three stop after he pitted so early for his second stop.

Toro Rosso > Mercedes. I think that's enough said.

And the BBC coverage this weekend? ... I don't even know what to say. We got a very short track guide and a lot of interviews...
I guess the issue is that we have been spoiled.

Is it because of money, time slot or both? Time will tell...
Interesting situation brewing here. It appears that Felipe is faster than Fernando. Shame he has to play the part of loyal team mate.

Edit: Here we go"you're a bit too close to Fernando. Back off a bit"...

He wasn't faster. Alonso was saving his tyres. The same situation happened in Monaco.

They told Massa to back off, so that he isn't in the turbulent air.

Last edited:
Back