2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

Maldonado didn't become GP2 champion by idly coasting by. He did, after all, beat Sergio Perez to the title, and Perez is highly-rated. Now, we've seen GP2 front-runners falter in Formula 1, and GP2 backmarkers thrive, but I think Maldonado might be one of the most under-rated drivers the sport has seen in a long time, probably because the FW33 was pathetic. As bad as it was, it's worth noting that when Maldonado wasn't out-qualifying or out-racing Rubens Barrichello, he was very close behind.
Well said.

People seem to think that Rubens declined greatly between the time when he was faster than Button in the second half of 2009 and his stint at Williams. He probably didn't. The fact that Hulkenburg and Maldonado weren't that far off from him as rookies reflected very well on them. I expect both to beat their teammates this year, especially Maldonado. Senna is too slow, there's many drivers that left F1 (Rubens, Buemi and Jaime in particular) that would make better use of that seat.

Well said.

People seem to think that Rubens declined greatly between the time when he was faster than Button in the second half of 2009 and his stint at Williams. He probably didn't. The fact that Hulkenburg and Maldonado weren't that far off from him as rookies reflected very well on them. I expect both to beat their teammates this year, especially Maldonado. Senna is too slow, there's many drivers that left F1 (Rubens, Buemi and Jaime in particular) that would make better use of that seat.

Rubbish, Senna will be fast. He got punted at turn one in Melbourne, which would've spoiled anyone's race.

I won't attend this year race. Again. Despite just live 30 minutes from the circuit.(just once i go there to watch 2010 MotoGP. Got to go to track day someday with my 16 year old Pug 306. :lol:)

Hope for an amazing race again but i'll bet Mclaren will do it again if not Mercedes. RBR better get their KERS issue done.

The weather pretty much on and off. Especially in the evening.
I'll bring some weather update while i can. :P

RBR's weekend will be determined by how their KERS work out, but it looks like it's McLaren's race. Hoping for a Hamilton victory.

In terms of Force India, I don't know where I stand. A solid 9th for Di Resta sounds feasible and a 10th/8th for Hulkenberg is my prediction.

Sepang's a great circuit, should be a good race.

It should be a good race, as demonstrated last year. The Lite KERS by Red Bull is very worrying. As we all know that Sepang is all hot and humid so the smaller KERS of Red Bull might suffer from overheating and could give them trouble all over the weekend. The Sepang straights may not favour them so much then. So far, McLaren is looking better than ever coming through 2012.

I've checked through some weather forecast for the weekend and it seems like we could have some thunderstorm for all 3 days in the afternoon-evening. This could bring us some surprise!

He started 14th on the grid. I don't recall him getting punted at all on Saturday ...

But a lot of people got held up on their laps in Q2 as Kobayashi and Perez should have also made Q3 easily....

This.

As good as Maldoando may be, I doubt that he's that much better than Senna, if at all, that Bruno can give it all he has and qualify 14th, while Pastor makes it to 8th.

He started 14th on the grid. I don't recall him getting punted at all on Saturday ...

Bruno Senna on F1.com
I had a great start, but I tried to take the outside line at the first corner and I felt someone make contact with me. I then had to do an extra pit stop which made things difficult.
I don't know who hit him, but Senna had to pit at the end of lap 1.

I don't know who hit him, but Senna had to pit at the end of lap 1.

Ricciardo.

Graphical source:
Senna-Ricciardo-Foto-William-WestAFP_LANIMA20120318_0007_26.jpg

Text source:
www.espnf1.com
After showing promise in pre-season testing, it was a weekend to forget for Senna. He was 0.4s shy of his team-mate in qualifying and a first corner incident set the tone for his race. He actually had a good start but was tagged from behind by Daniel Ricciardo and thrown up into the air. He had to pit as a result and was then fighting an uphill battle on a three-stop strategy. His race came to a premature end when he collided with Felipe Massa in what was widely accepted as a racing incident.

LOL, multi Tree'd :lol:

I say Schumacher will again put in a solid quali lap, as will Rosberg. I still think they can make pole AND win. But that tire problem needs to be sorted. Hopefully some rain will help them... if not, then Mercedes need to fix that problem this week. I also predict a strong race for Kimi and both McLarens... not too sure about the RBR...

Tom
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeZ_LCRdeOg">YouTube Link</a>

That's the one.

Looking forward to this weekend, it's a slightly less awkward time in the UK so I can get some sleep on Saturday night 👍

That's the one.

Looking forward to this weekend, it's a slightly less awkward time in the UK so I can get some sleep on Saturday night 👍

Don't forget the clocks go forward Sunday morning, one hour less so it only works out slightly better 👍 :P

A purpose built F1 track will show true pace from some of the teams. However, a demanding circuit will show the true skill from some of the drivers.

...unless the weather comes in and turns everything the other way round. That said, I'd love to see a wet race.

Seems like it always rains in Malaysia, but I'm actually hoping for a dry race. Wet quali would be interesting though.

As good as Maldoando may be, I doubt that he's that much better than Senna, if at all, that Bruno can give it all he has and qualify 14th, while Pastor makes it to 8th.
Why? Maldonade is a GP2 champion and was close to Barrichello. Senna was even with Chandhok and Klien and performed worse than Petrov.

The fact that Maldonado qualified 8th while Senna was just 14th - the difference between them being seven-tenths of a second - kind of implies that Maldonado is better than Senna.

Back