2012 Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 708 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Lorenzo and Spies. Though like you, I would be supporting Simoncelli.

Two good picks. I would like to see Hayden do a lot better this year as well. He was showing some good things last year. I hope the big bikes gives him that extra he needs to find the fire in himself.

Hey, I'm a big time Ben Spies fan. I remember watching him when he was the 2nd rider for Yoshi Suzuki. But Casey Stoner can ride the wheels off a bike! Hats off too that guy, I knew he would be quick coming from a Ducati to a Honda. Just like I knew Rossi would be of pace going to Ducati. That bike is simply a different beast, its apex lines are way different especially on the coming out of a turn, and I won't even mention the torque curves on that bike.

Hey, I'm a big time Ben Spies fan. I remember watching him when he was the 2nd rider for Yoshi Suzuki. But Casey Stoner can ride the wheels off a bike! Hats off too that guy, I knew he would be quick coming from a Ducati to a Honda. Just like I knew Rossi would be of pace going to Ducati. That bike is simply a different beast, its apex lines are way different especially on the coming out of a turn, and I won't even mention the torque curves on that bike.

I just hope it gets figured out with that d*mn Duc, Rossi & Hayden both deserve to fight for the podium IMO

prisonermonkeys
I find it difficult to respect someone's talent if they're a tosser, though.

We can add Pedrosa to that list as well.
Spies deserves a title shot this year, he's been one of my favourite riders for a while.

Why? He is a little unpopular because he was too good a team mate for Valentino Rossi's liking.

He's a moody tosser! Rarely smiles, even after winning, a thoroughly boring little man! Hardly too good a team mate, I don't understand why people say that? Jorge has a long way to go to get anywhere near Rossi's record. Compare Jorge and Vale at the same point in their careers and you'll have a truer picture.

So Rossi at 24 years old won 11 of 16 races in 2002 (winning the first season of the new 990cc GP bikes). Lorenzo at 24 won 3 of 17 races in 2011 - very rough way of comparing the two of them, but it still speaks volumes.

Don't forget that Vale is an old boy on the grid now, in the twilight of his career. He may choose to soldier on until he is 40, but I doubt he will add many more trophies to his cabinet unless his team give him a really sorted ride.

Saying that, i'm backing No.46 as always. With Marco taken from us, Rossi is the only rider on the grid that interests me. His charisma and attitude is a highlight of motorsport, in the same way that Hunt, Sheene and Senna were.

I like Rossi, but the fact that he left Yamaha because they wouldn't get rid of Lorenzo speaks volumes. And he's not boring. His celebrations are good too. If anyone is boring and moody, it's that wood elf Pedrosa.

I like Rossi, but the fact that he left Yamaha because they wouldn't get rid of Lorenzo speaks volumes. And he's not boring. His celebrations are good too. If anyone is boring and moody, it's that wood elf Pedrosa.

There is no room for two top riders in one team, it creates compromise.

At Repsol, they focused on Stoner even though they had two other great riders.

Wise move by Rossi in my opinion, i'd be doing everything in my power to get 10 premier class championships too!

There is no room for two top riders in one team, it creates compromise.

At Repsol, they focused on Stoner even though they had two other great riders.

Wise move by Rossi in my opinion, i'd be doing everything in my power to get 10 premier class championships too!

Hasn't stopped other teams in the past from running two top drivers. Ducati was a bad move imo. They haven't made a good bike in years.

Hasn't stopped other teams in the past from running two top drivers. Ducati was a bad move imo. They haven't made a good bike in years.

For Rossi it was more personal. He and his team brought Yamaha from nothing to multiple titles, then they focused on another rider just because Vale wasn't doing as well. Great show of loyalty! I wouldn't be surprised to see them slip slowly back to being just another team filling spots on the grid now that most of the expertise followed Rossi to Ducati.

As for Ducati performing poorly recently, I agree. Sincerely hope that they sort the chassis out this year, if Rossi can't ride it well you know something is seriously wrong!

I just hope it gets figured out with that d*mn Duc, Rossi & Hayden both deserve to fight for the podium IMO

I've been keeping up with Ducuti's off-season reports about the front end issue on the bike, and after re-watching the whole Moto Gp season over again I noticed Rossi low-sided his bike 3 times after attempting to over take, plus Casey Stoner front low side crash at Qatar 2 years ago. After all this I will say there is definitely a front end issue to be dealt with on that bike in order for those guys to make clean attempts on passing people without the Rossi & Stoner issue that happen into turn 1 at Jerez last year.

Since this tread is picking up speed I would like for everyone to state their favorite rider or team (Motogp & F1), so I can keep track of them this upcoming season. I'm also planning to start a tread for the F1 season opener as well so we can continue to exchange all levels of opinions with each other thought-out this whole racing season?

MotoGp - Ben Spies & Nicky Hayden (Go U.S.A), but i'm super down w/ Casey Stoner

F1 - Lewis Hamilton (of course)

Note: If Andrea Iannone comes up to MotoGp I'll have an eye on him too:tup:

Since this tread is picking up speed I would like for everyone to state their favorite rider or team (Motogp & F1), so I can keep track of them this upcoming season. I'm also planning to start a tread for the F1 season opener as well so we can continue to exchange all levels of opinions with each other thought-out this whole racing season?
I'll always be a Rossi-fan....But also dig: Good old Collin Edwards, the ever hard working Nicky Hayden and Cal Crutchlow.

Too bad I can't see the Moto2 and 3 at home :ouch:
I'm also curious what Stafan Bradl & James Ellison can do on a GP-bike.

For F1...I'm watching but not really fan of anyone. I like the the enthausiasm of Vettel though ;)

Is everybody that posts here also a rider..? Or is there another topic for this...(edit: found it)

Last edited:
Moto gp: Cal has to be number 1 from a British perspective but I have always liked Dovi and Spies.
F1: Literally couldn't care less.

Moto gp: Cal has to be number 1 from a British perspective but I have always liked Dovi and Spies.

Cal's looking good, but I also have my eye on that Chaz Davies and super crazy Gino Rea from SBK (UK riders) 👍

joetruckv8
Cal's looking good, but I also have my eye on that Chaz Davies and super crazy Gino Rea from SBK (UK riders) 👍

It's all about Sam Lowes. The guy has talent coming out his ears

Chile is planning to build a MotoGP circuit of its very own:

motorpark_planook.jpg

Can anyone else see part of catalunya in the top left corner. I have high hopes for that circuit if the guy also designed shanghai and sepang.

I have high hopes for that circuit if the guy also designed shanghai and sepang.
I couldn't help but notice that you also posted this:
I'm not having a go at you, it's just that if you looked in the Formula 1 threads, you'd know that Hermann Tilke (the engineer who designed this circuit) has a very poor reputation. He didn't just make Shanghai and Sepang - he also did the Valencia street circuit, Abu Dhabi, South Korea and Bahrain designs and the Hockenheim and Fuji reconfigurations. He is generally thought of as bland, unimaginitive, and tends to repeat hismelf to the point where his circuits cannot be distinguished from one another. Collectively, they're known as "Tilkedromes". That said, he also created Sepang, Istanbul and Buddh International in India, which have been received quite well, and he is the mastermind behind the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, the Port Imperial Street Circuit in New Jersey and Sochi in Russia, which have all been applauded (though the jury is still out until the races take place).

Of course, the characteristics that make a Formula 1 circuit good are no doubt wildly different to the traits that make a circuit good for motorcycle racing. But I can tell you now that if I posted the layout for the Motorpark Chile in this thread, it would be received very poorly.

Well this track in Chile is designed for moto gp. Sepang and Shanghai I always thought produced great racing, and I loved them on the playstation. I am also fully aware that a good f1 track is far different from a good moto gp track.

Ever since kawasaki pulled out of motogp its been down hill for those guys (anthony west & john hopkins).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back