2012 Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 708 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
First race of the season coming up. What, if anything, are you concerned or expecting of for this coming season of MotoGP?

First race of the season coming up. What, if anything, are you concerned or expecting of for this coming season of MotoGP?

I'm hopeful that Rossi can finally score podiums and win races on the GP12. I'm wondering how the CRT bikes will fare.

Tom
I'm hopeful that Rossi can finally score podiums and win races on the GP12. I'm wondering how the CRT bikes will fare.

The crt battle is relatively obvious.
factory/satellite bikes
Gap
De Puniet
Gap
Edwards
Big gap
The rest.

Do you think there may be riders (any level of MotoGP) that are possible sleeper teams and riders to win a championship? Who would be your dark horse(s)?

JohnBM01
Do you think there may be riders (any level of MotoGP) that are possible sleeper teams and riders to win a championship? Who would be your dark horse(s)?

Only Alvaro Bautista springs to mind because he has never been given a competitive bike until now in the big class. We all saw what he was capable of in 125/250 so I would love to see him on the podium this year. As for other classes, the moto 2/3 has the perfect formula to get someone to fulfil any potential they might have.

1st practice is done

Stoner up front, no surprise, with Lorenzo following

The real surprise is Hayden in 3rd, with Spies right there in 4th

Why is Yamaha down on top speed yet again?

They're nearly 5 kph behind Ducati and Honda again

Did anybody here catch FP2? I missed it and was wondering what the order was for the GP bikes.

Tom
Thanks. 👍 Crutchlow seems to be running quite well this weekend. Here's hoping. :D

Definitely hoping Cal gets a good run. The yamahas look so fast despite the top speed difference, hopefully Stoner will be playing catch up this season because that will make for some great races.

My first ever time watching a MotoGP/2/3 event. Moto3 qualifying was tense. Cortese sneaked in the pole lap at the end, by 0.016 seconds.

3 great races. Lorenzo timed that pass to perfection, using Stoner as a back marker?!
Cracking performance from Cal and what will catch the eye: Edwards almost beat Spies!

I saw most of the Moto 2 and MotoGP races. Man! That final lap in the Moto 2 race was insane! No better way to light up the night than with a great finish like that one. I want to also give a special shout out to that one lady who took the grid being the first-ever female to start in a Moto 2 race. Whomever she is, she is the only female motorbike racer I've heard of since Maria Costello.

Bring on the next race weekend!

Ah, good to see somethings don't change (Stoner having a whine, again). Super glad to see yamaha with a competitive machine this year, but Rossi and Ducati....oh me oh my.

Super glad to see yamaha with a competitive machine this year
Yamaha were competitive last year. If Lorezno hadn't high-sided at Phillip Island, he probably would have at least stayed in the championship fight until the end.

I want to also give a special shout out to that one lady who took the grid being the first-ever female to start in a Moto 2 race. Whomever she is, she is the only female motorbike racer I've heard of since Maria Costello.

You need to check out Aleena(spelling maybe of on her first name) Myers in AMA, she is killing the guys. She also won this past Daytona SuperSport race. And you can't forget Josh Hayes wife also in AMA. There is also a female that runs the Ilse of Mans.

prisonermonkeys quote:
"Yamaha were competitive last year. If Lorezno hadn't high-sided at Phillip Island, he probably would have at least stayed in the championship fight until the end."

It's not a championship contender if it all rests on one rider, greatly if that rider highsides out.

Last edited:
I want to also give a special shout out to that one lady who took the grid being the first-ever female to start in a Moto 2 race.
Her name is Elena Rossell, and while she is indeed the first female rider to start a Moto2 race, Qatar was actually her fourth start. She rode for Aspar at Assen, Aragon and Valencia last year.

You need to check out Aleena(spelling maybe of on her first name) Myers in AMA, she is killing the guys. She also won this past Daytona SuperSport race. And you can't forget Josh Hayes wife also in AMA. There is also a female that runs the Ilse of Mans.

Elena Myers. Crazy fast, and is only 18 years of age. I'd be keeping an eye on her in the next few years to cross over into at least Moto2.

Super glad to see yamaha with a competitive machine this year...

Yes, I'm also glad that they're finally back on it and winning a race. Perhaps too early to really say that they really have the correct machine because the Hondas are still very close behind and a real long way to go in 2012.

But boy oh boy really, what has happened to Rossi and Ducati is really unknown. The Ducatis were absolutely out of pace last weekend despite Hayden still running and finished in 6th. They must gather things around as soon as possible because obviously they can't afford another bad season anymore...

I can't see Rossi renewing his contract unless they sort this problem out quickly! I believe the only way he will stay with Ducati is if he joins Carlos Checa :D

Just finally watch the tape and all classes are looking good, and my boy Crazy Joe has qualified better this round. He will have to continue to qualify better this year if he wants get good points all this year. If I was Luthi I would be hot at Mark Marquez for leaving no room on the track for the turn in at turn 1 on the closing laps. He had tried that same move on Andrea earlier. Hats off to Lorenzo he sketched a beautiful line out of the track this time on his hunt for Stoner in the end. He is the true line's man! But I will say Stoner burned those tires off hot lapping like last year trying to pull a gap, so as soon as he finds tire managment, I would expect him to start pulling from the competition again. All in all its looking like a good again year hopefully' 👍

I can't see Rossi renewing his contract unless they sort this problem out quickly! I believe the only way he will stay with Ducati is if he joins Carlos Checa :D

I can't see it either, he described his bike as "unrideable". Let's hope he improves, gets a deal with Honda again or goes to WSBK.

Tom
I can't see it either, he described his bike as "unrideable". Let's hope he improves, gets a deal with Honda again or goes to WSBK.

Personally, I think he might be going to WSBK because I can hardly see Honda going to sign him as they will definitely want Stoner and Pedrosa to stay unless one of their contract is due to expire soon. Otherwise, WSBK sounds like a better place to start something new.

InvincibleM5
Personally, I think he might be going to WSBK because I can hardly see Honda going to sign him as they will definitely want Stoner and Pedrosa to stay unless one of their contract is due to expire soon. Otherwise, WSBK sounds like a better place to start something new.

Yes HRC need a Spaniard and Stoner is just better than Dani so those 2 should be together for a while. Could anyone see Vale going back to being Lorenzo's team mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back