2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona - Race Finished!

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 1,096 comments
United States
Texas
XizangM1
http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/event.cfm?series=r&eid=3428

The 2012 Rolex 24 is over! It was a pretty tight battle between the top three DP's in the last few hours, but it ended up being the #60 car driven by AJ Allmendinger that took the gold by a margin of just over 5 seconds.

RACE RESULTS

----

PIGBOY's links

Last edited:
I will be attending this. One of the few perks of living in Orlando :P If I manage to take decent pics I will put up a gallery.

Lots of awesome liveries this year. Not a dull one in the bunch. From the Black & Neon Mazda 3's in the Continental Tire Challenge Series, to the Orange, white and black Oryx R8 in GT. And even the DPs look sexy. Seriously, every team except Compass 360 and RSR Motorsports have all new liveries, pretty sweet.

I've always supported the Ganassi's in these Daytona 24 hours, same this year. Hopefully I can find a stream so I can spend my weekend staring at a laptop screen!

Edit: Just seen Spirit of Daytona's driver line-up, they're all works Corvette drivers, could be a good shout for the win.

I've just found their stream, its working at the moment, hopefully I can still watch it when the race starts, some of these official streams only show in certain countries.

The onboard feed should be good to go for us UK'ers based on previous years, IIRC.👍

However in past experience it's not really that great, just the engines (yay) but often the camera is inside the car looking at the driver's helmet and the rollcage.

I presume RLM will be covering it again this year, so I'll be watching that stream (or.. er.. maybe another one somewhere ;)) with the radio comms.

Looking forward to it!

Sam48
Anyone know the official start time (EST)? Not the broadcast time, but actual start time.

I'm pretty sure the actual race starts at 3:30 pm est broadcasting starts at 2:30pm est on speed.

This is gonna be awesome, Grand Am is one of my favourite racing series, go Brumos! I still haven't picked my favourite DP team yet, but I'm leaning towards Action Express.

If anyone else comes across a Stream of the Broadcast... not just Speeds in car cam, can they post it? This sounds like an amazing way to spend a Saturday.

TK42OnE
If anyone else comes across a Stream of the Broadcast... not just Speeds in car cam, can they post it? This sounds like an amazing way to spend a Saturday.

The only ones I have found are live radio streams of the race. I can't find the actual broadcast so I can watch it on my comp while playing gt5 :P

That Corvette DP looks freaking awesome.:dopey: I wish there were more Mustangs represented in the GT class though. Ready for this race to start already!👍

Back