2012 Santander Italian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Speedster7
  • 573 comments
United Kingdom
Newcastle
rabbit_9-8
The second half of the 2012 season is underway, and after just a week since the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa, Formula 1 returns to action this weekend at Monza for the 2012 Santander Italian Grand Prix.

Last year, the dominant force of RedBull saw an emotional Sebastian Vettel take victory on the same track where in 2008 he became the youngest person ever to win a Formula 1 Grand Prix.

2011 Pole Sitter: Sebastian Vettel
Time: 1:22.275

2011 Race podium:

1st Sebastian Vettel - RedBull Renault
2nd Jenson Button - McLaren Mercedes
3rd Fernando Alonso - Ferrari

Last edited:
Button to make it two out of two. Alonso for a podium.

Also, isn't it a bit early for this?

Button to make it two out of two. Alonso for a podium.

Also, isn't it a bit early for this?

hahaha probably :dunce: but I'm in the mood for F1 since Spa was today :) but i think it's good to think about the next race soon after the current one has finished, as it is a good opportunity to go on knoledge of todays race and predict what will happen next week

Going on today's knowledge. Maldonado will crash. It will be Hamiltons fault. Schumacher will have bad luck. F1 cars will have physic altering upgrades fitted.

Should be a good race, can't see RedBull winning but with Lotus and Mercedes's double DRS they should be in with a shout.

Hoping Ferrari and Alonso manage to pull it off tho :)

Speedster7
it would be useful if someone could post a link of an onboard lap around monza from 2011

Here's a clue...why don't you do it?

Just for that, you get old Monza.

Should be a good race, can't see RedBull winning but with Lotus and Mercedes's double DRS they should be in with a shout.

Unfortunately Lotus will not use the new DRS at Monza, although new aeropacket will be there. Teams go with minimal downforce settings so I wonder will the DRS do anything on this track?

Don't think Lotus are running the "Device"

Obviously want Hamilton to win as usual but it would also be nice to see another DNF from Alonso, not a crash, no real motor sport fan would want a crash but maybe a mechanical failure forcing him to retire.

If Hamilton is not able to win the Championship this year then I'm Alonso all the way. :)

:lol: @pupik

Unfortunately Lotus will not use the new DRS at Monza, although new aeropacket will be there. Teams go with minimal downforce settings so I wonder will the DRS do anything on this track?

Ah ok, I didnt realise they wouldnt be running it, thought that was just at Spa becasue of the rain.

Don't think Lotus are running the "Device"

Obviously want Hamilton to win as usual but it would also be nice to see another DNF from Alonso, not a crash, no real motor sport fan would want a crash but maybe a mechanical failure forcing him to retire.

If Hamilton is not able to win the Championship this year then I'm Alonso all the way. :)

:lol: @pupik

Nooooooo,

You cant say you want a DNF for Alonso then say if not Hamilton then Alonso for the championship!

If not Alonso i'm not bothered as long as it's not Vettel - cant stanf him and his finger.

Nooooooo,

You cant say you want a DNF for Alonso then say if not Hamilton then Alonso for the championship!

If not Alonso i'm not bothered as long as it's not Vettel - cant stanf him and his finger.

True, but I understand and I can see the talent that Mr Vettel possesses but I still don't want him to do 3 in a row.

Hope for Mclaren to go strong here. I really want them to win that constructors championship.

gorsad
Hope for Mclaren to go strong here. I really want them to win that constructors championship.

Mclaren look good here, with their powerful Mercedes engine + strong KERS unit.

Especially when Mclaren can nail Button's sweet spot with a good setup, and when Hamilton gets his act together (after his Spa botch up), getting both Driver's and Constructor's championships is quite possible.

Last edited:
Mclaren look good here, with their powerful Mercedes engine + strong KERS unit.

Especially when Mclaren can nail Button's sweet spot with a good setup, and when Hamilton gets his act together (after his Spa botch up), getting both Driver's and Constructor's championships is quite possible.

Red Bull for the constructors, Mclaren will probably have a better car than Red Bull for the rest of the year but Red Bull are a better team. Mclaren seem to act quite naive when setting targets, Red Bull know when they are beaten and seem to pick up decent points even on a bad day. Button is very far behind Alonso and even though Hamilton is still the same amount of points behind Alonso as he was before Spa there are less races to catch him and even if Alonso has a bad end to the season Hamilton still has to outscore Vettel, Raikkonen and Webber.

Last edited:
.... Several places behind the eventual winner.

tumblr_m5v71mnFjZ1qlt7lao2_r1_250.gif

Peasantslayer
Red Bull for the constructors, Mclaren will probably have a better car than Red Bull for the rest of the year but Red Bull are a better team. Mclaren seem to act quite naive when setting targets, Red Bull know when they are beaten and seem to pick up decent points even on a bad day. Button is very far behind Alonso and even though Hamilton is still the same amount of points behind Alonso as he was before Spa there are less races to catch him and even if Alonso has a bad end to the season Hamilton still has to outscore Vettel, Raikkonen and Webber.

Yes true, Mclaren always seems to fail to take advantage of their fast car with all their various mistakes this season.

They still have a good shot at both titles, only if they put up flawless performances to make up for their huge deficit (caused by their silly mistakes they made previously this season)

There have been claims of fraud, forged documents and all the nasty stuff in regards to track operations and maintenance etc. In Italy(who would have thought :lol:). They are in some trouble. It could be the last Monza although you would be screwing with the Tifosi to cancel the Monza GP...This could get ugly.

My friend said that this is the mast Monza GP, ever! Is that true or false?
There was talk a while ago of a race in Rome, which angered Monza. Rome then wanted to host a second race in Italy, but Emperor Montezemolo put pressure on them and they backed down, and ultimately abandoned their bid.

I don't see Monza going away anytime soon. They tried Imola once (1980), but that was because they needed to make "safety upgrades" after Peterson's fatal wreck.

Prior to that, you'd have to go back to 1948 when it wasn't part of the de facto Italian Grand Prix (they'd call it Monza Grand Prix, for example).

Thread starter gets a fail...

Why can't posting these threads just get left to the normal guys who do it.

Also... I simply have no idea for predictions... its impossible.

Indeed, can a mod tidy up the 1st post.

My guess is people think they will get noticed by the rest of us if they are first to the table with the F1 race post.

Anyways I'm sure the regulars will be faster next time around, and I will sorta miss Romain...but not by much.

Back