• 113 comments

MUSC4EVER

The story continues....
Premium
Wales
wrexham
jameskent86451
Jamobomb86
So the groups were drawn earlier and here they are..

Group A
Valencia
Swansea
Kuban Krasnodar
St Gallen

Group B
PSV Eindhoven
Dinamo Zagreb
Chornomorets
Ludogorets

Group C
Standard Liege
Salzberg
Elfsborg
Esbjerg

Group D
Rubin Kazan
Wigan
Maribor
Zulte Waregem

Group E
Fiorentina
Dnipro
Pacos Ferreira
Pandurii Targu Jui

Group F
Bordeaux
APOEL
Eintracht
Maccabi Tel Aviv

Group G
Dynamo Kiev
Genk
Rapid Vienna
FC Thun

Group H
Sevilla
Freiburg
Estoril
Slovan Liberec

Group I
Lyon
Real Betis
Guimaraes
Rijeka

Group J
Lazio
Trabzonspor
Legia Warsaw
Apollon Limassol

Group K
Tottenham
Anzhi
Sherrif
Tromso

Group L
AZ Alkmaar
PAOK
Maccabi Haifa
Shakhtar Karagandy

There are quite a few teams there that I have no idea who they are or where they are from. :lol: Still I'll probably watch a bit of it when there is nothing else on.

Not the best group for Genk, no fun (short distance) away games and was also hoping for them to play Tottenham.

Swansea have got an interesting group with a top team in Valencia, I know they are not the team they used to be with their Financial troubles (they had to sell Soldado as a cost-cutting measure) but they are still a big team and it'll fun to try and finish above them!

I've never followed the Europa from this early on before, but how do the Champions League teams slot in when they lose in that? Or is it a later stage in the competition?

The group stages of both competitions begin and end at the same time so the 3rd placed teams in the CL group will come in at the last 32 stage which is straight after the group stage

I've never followed the Europa from this early on before, but how do the Champions League teams slot in when they lose in that? Or is it a later stage in the competition?
Basically, 2 sides go through from each of the 12 Europa League groups making 24 and then the 8 teams that dropped out from the UCL slot in. I'm not sure how they match up the seedings though. I'm guessing that the 4 best 3rd place finishers are counted as "group winners" and put in the pot with the winners of the 12 Europa League groups and the 4 worst 3rd place finishers are counted as "runners up" and put in the pot with the Europa League runners up.

So the group stage kicks-off in a bit with Valencia v Swansea and Zulte-Waregem v Wigan, Tottenham v Tromso is on later..

So the group stage kicks-off in a bit with Valencia v Swansea and Zulte-Waregem v Wigan, Tottenham v Tromso is on later..
I know what match you'll be watching MUSC but I don't know whether to watch Swansea who have a decent chance of winning or watch Wigan and be optimistic :lol

Big game for the Swans though, Valencia are serious trouble financially (which is why they had to sell Soldado) but they are still a big club who were Champions League finalists about 10 years ago..

Bony!!!!!!! Swans 1-0, Valencia down to 10 men..Bony is now our top scorer in Europe with 4 in 4!

Last edited:
Happy with that MUSC? :lol: I ended up watching the Wigan game. Even though it was 0-0 it was a great result as the Wigan fans were so passionate especially as they were away, they were louder than the home supporters for most of the match.

Why yes I am Ross! :D

I know they had a player sent off and they were poor, but that was amazing, to beat one of the big teams in Europe away from home...I just....I never expected that in a million years, so proud off my boys! :)

Why yes I am Ross! :D

I know they had a player sent off and they were poor, but that was amazing, to beat one of the big teams in Europe away from home...I just....I never expected that in a million years, so proud off my boys! :)
:lol: I think that Michu - Bony partnership can become one of the best in Europe.

Its Anzhi-Tottenham on now and Spurs are 2-0 up and Swansea-St Gallen and Wigan-Maribor at 8 are the games tonight..

Last edited:
Its Anzhi-Tottenham on now and Spurs are 2-0 up and Swansea-St Gallen and Wigan-Maribor at 8 are the games tonight..
Spurs are doing well to be 2 up against Anzhi at half time. St Gallen shouldn't be a problem for Swansea considering they beat Valencia 3-0 and Wigan-Maribor will be a good game as Wigan did remarkably well to hold Zulte last game and Maribor got thrashed 5-2 by Rubin Kazan

Wigan are missing some key players like Maloney and Holt though, And it should be a breeze for the Swans against St Gallen..

Well it wasn't pretty but we got the win, 1-0, it was a very physical match and St Gallen were very good but its another win in Europe..and we are building quite a collection of those!

Last edited:
Well, Wigan impressed me a lot with a 3-1 win and Nick Powell, a Manchester United loanee, scoring 2. Swansea struggled it seems as they only managed 1-0.

Good to see all three British teams winning last night, And they are in good positions in the groups to progress...

Europa League is back later, Spurs can qualify with a win away to FC Sheriff and the other result going their way, Swansea and Wigan are at home to Russian opposition, Kuban Kranodar for Swansea and Rubin Kazan for Wigan..

Another meh performance by the Swans last night, giving away a penalty right at the end and two points dropped but at least we are still top of the group, a predictable win for Spurs and another good result for Wigan..

Swansea are already 1-0 in Russia! 👍 Wigan are there as well against Rubin Kazan and Tottenham are on later...

Figured someone other than MUSC should post :lol:

Wigan lost 1-0 whereas Swansea conceded right at the death and drew 1-1

Someone managed to take the ball off of Dembele.:eek:

Good performance from Lamela and good that Spurs are through.👍

Mixed night for the British teams. Wigan were always going to have a hard time in Russia, Swansea were unlucky to concede so late on and Spurs make it 4 wins out of 4 to get through to the last 32.

Finally a good week of European football for the Dutch. Yesterday Ajax and today PSV and AZ won their games.

I think AVB needs to give Defoe a few starts in a Premier League game, he performs when given the chance as shown by the Europa games (yes they were against pretty average teams). Plus it might make Soldado pick things up.

Glad its not just me! :lol:

Anyway, another disappointing result for the Swans conceding a late goal against Kuban again, its been a crap start to the season

Back