2013/14 Europa League

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 113 comments
Haven't paid too much attention to the tournament since Swansea got knocked out, which seems like forever ago!, but well done to both finalists! đź‘Ť

TurĂ­n was expecting Juventus to be in this game, maybe???

Also, end of extra time. Penalty kicks coming up...

First save to Beto. He did jump forward a fair bit though...

Edit: Congrats to Sevilla. Those penalties were all absolute rockets, all un-savable.

Last edited:
Well that was horrible. My sister kicks the ball harder than Cardozo... :yuck:

Congrats to Sevilla I believe... Sorry guys :guilty: I also was with Benfica on this one.

Pisses me off even more because he always kicks hard when shooting a penalty kick. And tonight, precisely tonight, he decided that gently tapping the ball was the way to go...

Agreed. But Platini would never allow that after getting a fit when his precious Juventus lost the semi final.

We lost because of a scandal... Did you see where Beto was defending the penalties??

Stutter run ups are also not allowed so the refs were consistent in not bothering with the rules. It's nothing new either, it happens all the time, the standard of refereeing is pretty bad these days.

Then again I don't think I've ever seen a team take penalties as good as Sevilla did, maybe Benfica should have tried that instead of playing games.

It's common to see keepers make a step foward before defending. Beto gave three or four before defending.

You're not allowed to complety stop during run ups which it didn't happen.

Also it came from a guy who validated a ghost-goal, of course I question the guy's competence

I think the ref was being lenient on most occasions really. And what a shocker from Cardozo! Ronaldo did exactly the same thing in the 2008 UCL final and missed.

Didn't a former Benfica coach say that they would never win a European final without him?, and since then they have lost eight finals in a row!

Last edited:
We are the Champions of lost European finals :lol:. 8 lost finals counting this one. We aren't european champions for a staggering 50 years. I guess the curse is true

GTP.jpg

So a badly taken penalty by Cardozo? Sure...

Last edited:
Back