2013 Blancpain 24 Hours Of Spa July 27th-28th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whodoyouthink
  • 130 comments
  • 10,236 views
Blancpain has started streaming pre race interviews.
 
Radio Le mans audio has started and the Nissan Youtube streams are starting up. (slowly)

Oh. I thought RLM wasn't covering this event??? I recall them mentioning it way back during the Nurb 24. They kept saying how this event would have very little coverage. I'll include a link then.

Frantically trying to update the OP so people get the info they need!
 
Green Flag lap. Going to enjoy this.

OH MY GOD. I DID NOT JUST SEE THAT!
 
That was an exciting start!
 
24zyyph.png


I'm a bit surprised of how it went out :confused:
 
I'm a bit surprised he didn't take out half the field!
 
Was very lucky, saved it well though and ohhh my god that nissan is definitely out...
 
GT Academy Nissan gone at Eau Rouge :( - Alex Buncombe ok.

Speed those cars are going and marshals are there... Safety Car...
 
#32 Nismo spins at Eau Rouge and hits the barriers. Suspension failure of some sort. Rear wheel started to fold under car.
 
Well the main thing is he's out of the car. That was huge.
 
Left rear wheel failure in a very bad place for that to happen.
 
Gulf McLarens both in pits.
 
That was a big one,that car is write off,car looks to have been removed,shouldn't be that long til the safety car comes in.We're back racing
 
Didn't even know about this until today. Now I can't wait to get home and watch the last nineteen hours.
 
Got footage of that smack? Just got in and watching now.
 
Nick Tandy has just screwed up. He's stayed out with nowhere near enough time to get to the pit inside the 65 minute limit. His stop/go doesn't count.

Edit. Safety car extends stint to 70 minutes.
 
Last edited:
Wow, I thought this started at 10:30 PM... Stupid me.
 
Another saftey car :indiff:

The #84 will lose it's big lead to the #3.
Edit: Gotz pits, so it matters not.
 
Last edited:
Gallardo off?
 
Just saw the GTA shunt. That was huge.
 
Dammit, I thought getting a tablet would make streaming away from my laptop a lot easier. Looks like I just won't be able to stream on anything other then the computer :indiff:
 
So many crashes and just in the first hour. I'm not sure if even this year's Nurb 24 had this many crashes in the 1st hour. I remember a few engines blowing and other stuff at the Nurb start, but I don't recall too many early crashes.

Really shows how brutal Spa is. It may not be nearly as bumpy or twisty as the Nurburgring, but it still puts cars through hell.
 
Not surprising that the McLarens and Nissans are having reliability problems, but they're dropping like flies and it's only 1.5 hours in. Eeek.
 
Brilliant pass by the BMW!
 
Back