2013 Blancpain 24 Hours Of Spa July 27th-28th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whodoyouthink
  • 130 comments
  • 10,256 views
DK
Can someone tell me what the "Gentlemen's Trophy" is for? Is it for teams whose drivers are all amateurs?
Exactly, only bronze and silver drivers in that class.
 
Whilst the steam is off dailysportscar have nice regular updates on twitter
https://twitter.com/dscracelive

And those updates might be more significant now because it's raining.
 
Last edited:
Just waiting for the stream to start again on my end. meanwhile, been occupied setting up mah wheel, watching the NASCAR Nationwide race and watching the reair of F1 Qualifying.
 
So the Nissan Onboard stream doesn't do much justice, at least during nighttime hours. It has to be brighter than what we can see, as there is next to nothing you can see out of the windshield.

Also the engine sounds very underwhelming, as if it's muffled or something. Again, the car must be much louder. I realize onboard cams usually don't capture the full loudness or clarity of an engine to begin with, but I'm convinced they didn't optimize the mic or something. You just don't get a good sense of power from the sound.
 
Is there any live timing? I can't seem to find anything anywhere!
 
I am back from Spa and it was awesome! The sound is incredible, specially the sound of the BMW´s and SLS.
It was my first time at Spa and it is a really nice track:tup:

I had the chance to watch the start at eau rouge in the first row and it is absolutely incredible :D

The crash of the No 32 Nismo was just about 10 meters away from where i stood, very sad.

6qxa.jpg


After 12 long hours i need some sleep.
I took a couple of photos and will post them here 👍

Cheers and good night!
 
When should the live streaming resume again?

Edit: Never mind :lol:
 
All three Marc VDS BMWs have now officially retired, the #4 and later the #3 stopped on track during the night for those who missed it.
 
For anyone watching right now, rain is expected in about an hour. Looks like it's already getting dark.
 
OF COURSE I would wake up at 6AM thinking there wouldn't be any more stream breaks at this time but nope! Have to wait about another hour now being it's close to 6:30 now, and the stream comes back at 7:30...

Either I'll go grab another hour or so of sleep or I'll try and bare the Nissan onboard.

Wish I caught more night racing.

I am back from Spa and it was awesome! The sound is incredible, specially the sound of the BMW´s and SLS.
It was my first time at Spa and it is a really nice track:tup:

I had the chance to watch the start at eau rouge in the first row and it is absolutely incredible :D

The crash of the No 32 Nismo was just about 10 meters away from where i stood, very sad.

6qxa.jpg


After 12 long hours i need some sleep.
I took a couple of photos and will post them here 👍

Cheers and good night!

👍 Looking forward to your pictures!

I agree the BMWs and SLSs' sound awesome.
 
Disappointed with the VDS Z4's dropping out
 
Use the time convertor. By my reckoning, you got 6 minutes to wait.
 
So much for rain, huh?

This is at Spa, right?


Also some big developments for the #26 BMW Z4 and #44 Ferrari 458. Looks like both are out. #2 Audi R8 went from 5th to 3rd in a matter of seconds due to these cars dropping out.
 
So, got up 20 minutes ago. From what I've seen so far, the leading Ferrari in the Gentleman's Cup has a Drive-Through Penalty to serve.


Other then that, nothing too interesting going on.
 
So if the Merc wins this, Bernd Schneider is going to have won in Dubai, Nurburgring, Bathurst and Spa endurance races in one year. Thats an accolade I'd wish to have :O
 
Congrats to Schneider, another big endure win for him and that Black Falcon team. Not bad for the old man.
 
Congrats to the HTP SLS great win,brilliant job from the Manthey Porsche and the WRT Audi as well.

Big big congrats to the GT academy Superstars :cheers:
 
First win for Mercedes at Spa 24 since 1964.

Great year for Mercedes in general.
 
Congrats to the HTP team. Max Buhk was tremendous, Schneider was very quick in his single stints, Gotz was quick too. :)
 
Holy crap, there's a car in the Gentleman's Cup with all of its drivers named Jones :lol:
 
Holy crap, there's a car in the Gentleman's Cup with all of its drivers named Jones :lol:

I noticed that as well. Must make it interesting trying to figure out which one is in the car during the race. :lol:
 
Congrats!! It's been a year to remember for Schneider!
 
GTPorsche
I noticed that as well. Must make it interesting trying to figure out which one is in the car during the race. :lol:

"Jones is now handing the car over to Jones" :lol:
 
Back