2013 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 256 comments
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
A two week break and a short hop over to South Korea and the F1 circus is ready to go again. Vettel looks to be building an unassailable lead over the field however all is to play for in the rest of the championship. Buckle up tight for the...

2013 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX
575x300-korean-2012-gp-report.jpg

5oupl3.png

Race Date: 06 Oct 2013
Circuit Name: Korea International Circuit
First Grand Prix: 2010
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.615 km
Race Distance: 308.630 km
Lap Record: 1:39.605 - S Vettel (2011)
2012 Race Winner: Sebastian Vettel

Enjoy

Korea has one of the best starts of the year due to its layout. They have a short burst to turn 1, and then an enormous slog down to turn 3 in which all the cars are so close, it is spectacular to watch 3 rows of cars going 4 or 5 abreast into a tight hairpin, enclosed in between the walls so F1 cars are the only things on the TV screen. Once they have made it around turn 4, it starts going downhill. Overtaking is possible, but the race is just another one of those ones.

Redbull slower this weekend so far it seems . Still early days though .

Heard they made software changes to ecu since the traction control accusations .

Yeah but the season has also shown that Merc GP have held back to the end of FP1 or even Quali. However, with the pace that RBR seem to have shown since Monza that may be a different story and they may be pushing it from the drop. We can't really know though, Merc may have more, I mean even with the stuff brewing from last GP with RBR, Nico nearly had the pole so...

Welp that was one of the worst broadcasts of qualifying I've ever seen...dunno why I stayed up til 2AM for it!

Even the commentators couldn't hide their lack of enthusiasm.

Q1 was what I would normally expect, but then Q2 started to show the production crew were a bit unorganized. Q3 was just ridiculous, as they literally only focused on 5 of the 10 drivers, with the bottom 5 times not even showing up on the screen until the very end. The whole time they pretty much just kept switching between drivers, not even really letting us witness an entire lap from anybody.

All I got from it was Hulkenburg qualifying well.

They only showed five drivers times for most of Q3 because only five drivers went out for two runs....the rest only went for one run in the last three minutes.

Grosjean has been one of the stars this season for me, Hope the the rain prediction turns out to be true for once :lol:, I'm going to wake up and see how the start goes if it looks like Singapore vol 2 I'm going back to bed.

They only showed five drivers times for most of Q3 because only five drivers went out for two runs....the rest only went for one run in the last three minutes.

Oh ok, so that explains why it felt like they weren't even on the track. It was really strange to me.

Welp that was one of the worst broadcasts of qualifying I've ever seen...dunno why I stayed up til 2AM for it!

Even the commentators couldn't hide their lack of enthusiasm.

I wonder why?! :lol:

Clarkson vs Brundle on twitter was the funniest thing I've read about Korea this weekend. Goes a little bit like this:

@JeremyClarkson
Should be an exciting F1 race tomorrow. Though when I say "exciting", I mean "dreary".

‏@geoffbanksbet
@JeremyClarkson race?

@MBrundleF1
@JeremyClarkson have some faith Jezza Pole man has never won the Korean GP and rain might spice it up. Mercs and Lotus not too shabby either

‏@JeremyClarkson
@MBrundleF1 I admire your optimism. I really do. But old Reptionians always win

‏@MBrundleF1
@JeremyClarkson What's a Reptionian? Has your spelhchekker failed you or is it a big word you learned from Mr May?"

@JeremyClarkson
@MBrundleF1 So. It seems I know something about F1 that you don't......

@MBrundleF1
@JeremyClarkson indeed you do, and even Google has never heard of such an ancient device, vehicle, place or person Or is it your old school?

‏@JeremyClarkson
@MBrundleF1 exactly. Same as Newey's.

@PaulOz
“@JeremyClarkson: Should be an exciting F1 race tomorrow. Though when I say "exciting", I mean "dreary".” Stunning insight as ever....

‏@MBrundleF1
@JeremyClarkson if Vettel hadn't won the last 3 Alonso would have so that would have been 'boring' too! but agree we could handle a surprise

@Amy_Meacock
@MBrundleF1 @JeremyClarkson how would that have been boring - it would have kept the championship alive??

‏@MBrundleF1
@Amy_Meacock you're right, I'm losing this horribly, going out for dog burger and fried octopus. But I'm still looking forward to the GP :))

Sums up the whole year. I don't understand why Brundle's forcing himself to this fake excitement - perhaps it's for his job?

Poleman has never won the Korean GP?
He's won the last 2. He had led every lap he has completed around here too. What is Brundle on?

Poleman has never won the Korean GP?
He's won the last 2. He had led every lap he has completed around here too. What is Brundle on?
Yes, but the man on pole in those races never won those races.

The whole time they pretty much just kept switching between drivers, not even really letting us witness an entire lap from anybody.

They always do this, it's infuriating. I just wish they would stick with one car throughout a whole lap, even if they switch away from the on-board cameras. But as it stands they switch between different cars, and usually only show cars coming out of the last corner on hotlaps. It makes it kind of pointless watching the cars go around, you may aswell just watch the timing screen because thats all you get from the TV feed anyway.

Also, the track map only showed Mercedes and Red Bull IIRC. I was wondering why Vettel left such a big gap to Hamilton at the end of Q3, as he was cutting it fine to get back around to the start/finish line in time. But it turns out there was Raikkonen and possibly Hulkenberg inbetween them too.

Boring quali but im still getting up at 5.30 to watch the race....

Back