2013 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,986 comments
  • 486,043 views
Harvick's engine died.
 
I think the NFL on fox theme will be the FOX sports theme.

It is, they used it last year for their NASCAR races as well as their MLB broadcasts.
 
Well hell, only wreck in the shootout and no more wrecks for the rest of the race.


Love how Harvick can't even start his car back up after winning :lol:
 
Harvick: "I broke it". Nice job Harvick even though I wanted Tony or Matt to win.
 
Childress is probably gonna tell Kevin: "Well, we won this race but we just lost our 500 engine." :lol:
 
The new cars make for very boring plate races. There was almost no passing or pushing in the last segment.
 
The new cars make for very boring plate races. There was almost no passing or pushing in the last segment.

Pushing doesn't work, and there was passing, just not at the front.
 
Tony is my second favorite driver and I admire his aggression, but sometimes he's too aggressive! And his aggressiveness can get the best of him.

Pushing doesn't work, and there was passing, just not at the front.

Yes I agree. I liked the race, lots of passing!
 
2_zpsc0874197.jpg

Somebody stole Brad's case of Miller Lite, and he isn't happy.
 
A very intense gen-6 car train at that! lol

Not really, nobody could get close on account of the wall of air in front of them.
As soon as they got up close they were just pushed back again. Hopefully some guys can hook up and make a good show of the 500.
 
Hopefully some guys can hook up and make a good show of the 500.

And maybe Harvick can give childress that 3rd 500 ring then.
 
Last edited:
There were only 10 cars racing at the end. Imagine it with 40 cars having a chance to win.
 
40 cars don't have a chance at winning... maybe 20....
 
Good race, just watched a replay on youtube, enjoyable!
 
Good race, just watched a replay on youtube, enjoyable!

Autostrada is a brilliant channel for motorsport.

What did you make of Grubb's move that caused Johnson to go off? I think it was Grubb in the #11 car.
 
Autostrada is a brilliant channel for motorsport.

What did you make of Grubb's move that caused Johnson to go off? I think it was Grubb in the #11 car.

Grubb? You mean Hamlin :lol:

Racing incident really.
 
I just watched the race on DVR (I was out last night). After the wreck everything seemed to settle down and drivers were less willing to take chances on passing. I think the 500's gonna be good.

And also, it makes me feel really old since I still refer to this race as the Clash.
 
Well, I see a return to the old single file running for a lot of the race. Bump drafting as people get really aggressive.
 
Yeah, the super speedway races will be in single file. I think that the short tracks and 1.5 mile tracks with the new cars will be fun to watch. Interesting race to watch last night none the less.
 
"'Lowe's will be back,' Hendrick said emphatically."
But isn't Lowes leaving according to that random blog?
 
Yeah, the super speedway races will be in single file

No they won't did you not see all that passing lastnight? It's going to be back to how it was in the early 2000's.
 
I remember that, I was so gutted for Johnny Benson, he pretty much led the whole thing up to that point. Good thing they don't end races under yellow flags anymore.
 
Back