2013 Nurburgring 24hours 19th-20th May

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 996 comments
B0E5F610-47EE-49AA-9045-52EE1FAD95FD-14621-0000065817551935.jpg

@traveldest. On twitter.

Is that a picture from Jordan's Twitter?

No he hasnt posted. Said connection was slow I think.

Last edited:
Maxim Martin and Sean Edwards were hauling ass these last laps. That Z4 blew past the ROWEs. Top pace from Sean running below 9min at the end.

Team Schultze on 143th.

I read 136th from the official timing and scoring.

Because they did so few laps there were cars listed in front of #123 that had completed more laps but were out off the race, unfortunately for them, you have to complete the last lap to be classified, so after the finish they've jumped up 7 places:tup:

Last edited:
Yeah, it said 136th on the official timing, but 143rd on the stream's run through of the finishers, so I dunno. I was gonna bring it up too but the disagreement between the two sources made me unsure which was correct.

Despite the fact the race was cut by 9 hours, I still enjoyed it immensely.
RLM's coverage was fantastic as well.
Forward to Le Mans, looking forward to it!

Such a shame that Kaz & co were so unlucky, considering how well it's been for them the past few years. I guess their luck had to run out sometime.

Just got back and wanted to share this shot of GTP_christhedude and his team in action.

UfGgFAK.jpg

Shame about the weather but I guess that's the way it goes there, congratulations on your 22nd overall position 👍

Oh and nice avatar Wardy, I've bought that sticker for the back of my car :)

Poolhaas, how fast did you drive home? :)

Nice 22 position Chris. We followed you during the 2 parts of the race. Next year: less rain please.

I'm gutted I missed the restart and the end of the race. I had to work. There's always next year, I'll be sure to book it off hehe. Good job GTP_Chris, 22nd overall? That's fantastic. Hopefully you have some onboard videos to share.

Well done to Mercedes too, the fourth of the German Giants to win the race. Congrats.

RLM discussing various techniques of making bacon sandwiches :lol:

Standard. 👍

He's a good guy. You know how mental he sounds on RLM? Well he is. Exactly that mental. Getting into the 350Zs we all had an instructor alongside us and his (and mine) was Rob Barff. The last thing I heard him say was "Alright Barffy? Ready for the worst ten minutes of your life?". Then followed donuts.

John sounds like such a character, it would be cool to meet him. That's hilarious what he said above, it's funny how he gets away with it.

Edit Tree'd again, I give up.

How many times? :lol:

I have to add, this was the first time I've properly watched an endurance race, and I definitely will be tuning in in future, especially for Le Mans.

Great to hear! I'm glad you enjoyed it, endurance racing really is something special. It'll be nice to see you back here in the future.

See you next time guys, Le Mans it is next month. Thanks for all the contributions.

Anyone intend on watching the Britcar 24 Hr Race? Top Gear is literally the only reason I even knew it existed but ironically, I'm never able to find the date of the event. Hope that's another endurance race that everyone gathers around to watch here on GTP.

Also a quick question: In qualifying, do they use the combined 24 Hour circuit or another configuration?

They used the same configuration as in the race.

Just tried to see what I could pull of on a flying lap in GT5, took a fresh R8 LMS on racing hards and managed a 8:16.624 first try with time to be gained. Proves again that GT5 cars on RH tyres are too quick. Frank Stippler only managed a 8.17 on the Q lap, and thats just insane pace. My lap time on the SS tyres seemed much more realistic to my driving abilities.

I totally forgot about the Britcar 24 Hours. I'd only too ever watched it because of Top Gear.

It looks like the race isn't on this year anyway. They're instead running a 1000KM race as the interest in the race was too low to be worthy of a full days racing. Shame really.

You can read about it here.

No, was the Britcar 24 not cut to 6 hours past couple years due to noise complaints from residents?

Back