2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
England
Somerset
Pagey279
Premier-League-trophy-001.jpg

City have been crowned Champions for the 2nd time in 3 years, Liverpool came a very close second, with Chelsea just behind.

Meanwhile Leicester, Burnley and QPR have secured promotion from the Championship after Fulham, Norwich and Cardiff have been relegated.

Who will win the title this season?
Who will get Champions League and Europa?
Will the newly promoted teams be going straight back down again?
Who else is in trouble?

But let's face it, if this season is as good as the last we are in for a treat.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make predictions on who is going to finish where and what not. But one things for sure, we are going to be in for one of the most competitive and exciting season ever. It just gets more competitive every year, I think seven teams have a genuine chance of finishing inside the top four. Also it will be a dogfight throughout the table as always. 👍

Can't wait for next season, but hey we got the World Cup to sit back and enjoy this summer. ;)

I will make a prediction but not yet, I will see who signs who first :sly:

On that note I've heard rumours that Liverpool have made a bid for Lallana, don't know how much for though.

EVERY FOOTBALL SEASON SHOULD BE STARTED WITH A REMINDER OF THE TWO GREATEST RANTS

(It might be a bit early for this but meh)
You think?

You reckon 2013-2014 season is over when we've not had the FA Cup, Europa League or Champions League finals and when the playoffs are so far from completion than most divisions still have three teams still fighting for promotion?

This^

I don't like it when a new thread starts almost immediately after the PL season finishes, this should be locked until the end of the World Cup..

You think?

You reckon 2013-2014 season is over when we've not had the FA Cup, Europa League or Champions League finals and when the playoffs are so far from completion than most divisions still have three teams still fighting for promotion?

The 2013/14 thread was posted on May 20th and nobody batted an eyelid, but do with it what you will.

All but the Championship playoff final had been knocked off by May 19th last year...

Let's keep it on ice until after that.

So the 2014/15 fixture list has been announced, here are the opening day fixtures:

Arsenal v Crystal Palace
Burnley v Chelsea
Leicester City v Everton
Liverpool v Southampton
Manchester United v Swansea City
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Queens Park Rangers v Hull City
Stoke City v Aston Villa
West Bromwich Albion v Sunderland
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur

Swansea are making a habit of being involved in big United games, SAF's last home game, Moyes' first home game and Van Gaal's first home game.

Man United have a tough run in, Chelsea, City and Arsenal in our last five games!, hopefully we would've wrapped up the title by then! :sly:

For those of you who are still a bit gutted about earleir dont worry, only 57 days till the new season!

QPR reportedly interested in Tim Cahill, who is still signed to the New York Red Bulls for another year. If they want him, they'll face still competition from Sydney FC and their "throw money at problems and hope that will magically fix them" approach, and the Western Sydney Wanderers.

^He's past his prime, regardless of his performance at the WC. I guess the Australian teams could benefit from his presence but I don't see what QPR is trying to achieve by chasing him.

QPR should be able to intice some of their players loaned out last year (Tarrabt, Remy, Granero, Mbia) to stay, signing Cahill is pretty pointless IMO.

Reports from Spain suggest Athletic Club, also commonly known as Athletic Bilbao, and Manchester United is close to finalizing a 29m £ deal for 24 year old midfielder Ander Herrera.

Hopefully things go better than the last time United tried to sign him.

Also, Rio Ferdinand agree terms with QPR, reuniting him with his old manager from West Ham, Harry Redknapp.

Yep should be a good signing and looks like we are doing things properly this time!

Buttner has Joined Dynamo Moscow.....

Zenit St. Petersburg have officially signed Ezequiel Garay
And so another career goes down the drain.
A shame, because I liked Garay. I once got over 1000 likes on a comment for suggesting he should be 5* skills on FIFA. Honest.

Bilbao have rejected United offer for Herrera, probably because his release clause goes up to £32 mill on July 1st....the greedy bastards!

Bilbao have rejected United offer for Herrera, probably because his release clause goes up to £32 mill on July 1st....the greedy bastards!

I was under the impression that release clauses were required in every contract in Spain but if teams can just ignore them then what exactly is the point of them. :irked:

the release clause right now is £28.8 mill (which we met) but it goes up to £32 mill on the first...

Suarez banned from all football until October 26.
There goes Liverpool's chance of selling him in this window I imagine.

Suarez banned from all football until October 26.
There goes Liverpool's chance of selling him in this window I imagine.

Teams are stupid, they'll still spend mega money on him anyway because he's a good player when he's not doing stuff like this. Liverpool probably don't want to sell him too, although since he blames the English press for all this I suspect he'll want to leave again.

Back