2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
Every Premier League team have players back for pre-season training at some point this week, Man United are back in training on Friday with Giggs again taking charge of the team whilst Van Gaal is busy in Brazil...

Ryan Gauld formally of Dundee United has just signed for Sporting Lisbon for a 3 Million Euro transfer fee.

The most impressive part, however, is that there is a SIXTY million Euro buy-out clause. :eek:

@Famine

Nice post, but I'm sure there are legal ramifications about labour markets which would hinder such a quota plan. Not that I disagree with you.
It shouldn't do - there's no total squad limitation (in fact the Premier League has a maximum 1st team squad size) and there's no restrictions on who the other 9 guys in your matchday squad are. In fact it's less restrictive than the PFA have proposed in that respect!

League 3 won't work. We'll end up giving the other national teams games against each other every week, while the next generation of England are playing against Braintree and Gateshead. That's not the way to develop young England talent.

So let me get this straight, a player who is banned from playing is joining a club who should be banned from making transfers?....

Guys I've got a conspiracy theory, so tin foil hats on please.
  • Suarez wants out but not in a way that will require him to force it
  • He gets tapped up by Barca and convinced to bite someone at the world cup
  • Suarez bites Chiellini on purpose knowing he will get banned, after the 80th minute in the game in which Uruguay are currently heading out of the tournament (his last chance to do it)
  • Someone inside FIFA or Barca with influence in both organisations guarantees him the ban will be completely over the top at first, dissuading Liverpool from wanting to hang on to him any more
  • This facilitates Suarez's desired move to Barca with less hard feelings and conflict from Liverpool fans
  • Suarez completes the Barca move, only to have the ban significantly reduced, allowing him to appear for Barca much earlier than he would have for Liverpool

Liverpool complete signing of Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen...

...as for that theory, I cant see it, you're saying he was persuaded to bite someone?!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... ManU 2014-2015 new shirt!

xmanchester.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WfzqrTfYfk.jpg

:yuck:

Guys I've got a conspiracy theory, so tin foil hats on please.
  • Suarez wants out but not in a way that will require him to force it
  • He gets tapped up by Barca and convinced to bite someone at the world cup
  • Suarez bites Chiellini on purpose knowing he will get banned, after the 80th minute in the game in which Uruguay are currently heading out of the tournament (his last chance to do it)
  • Someone inside FIFA or Barca with influence in both organisations guarantees him the ban will be completely over the top at first, dissuading Liverpool from wanting to hang on to him any more
  • This facilitates Suarez's desired move to Barca with less hard feelings and conflict from Liverpool fans
  • Suarez completes the Barca move, only to have the ban significantly reduced, allowing him to appear for Barca much earlier than he would have for Liverpool

Explain that one in bold.

If he's been banned from all forms of football, why would a move to Barca reduce the ban, even if people at Barca influenced the ban in the first place?

What reason would they give to the public/media?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... ManU 2014-2015 new shirt!

xmanchester.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WfzqrTfYfk.jpg

:yuck:

Aaaaand there go all my Chevrolet photos in the bin. 👎

He'd enjoy the football here, what with Ford's Saturday Night Football/Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.

That would probably be the only thing he'd appreciate about it. From what I gathered in the funny pic thread, he doesn't care much for football.

It's not the best shirt we've ever had. It would have been better if the logo was all white like it was with AON.

I've heard the away shirt is white with a black collar....

...as for our wingers, well Valencia has signed a new deal so he says for now, I think only one of Nani and Young will go....goodbye Ashley!

...as for our wingers, well Valencia has signed a new deal so he says for now, I think only one of Nani and Young will go....goodbye Ashley!
Linked heavily with Di Maria today would love to see Sanchez personally but looks unlikely. I honestly don't think any of the 3 you mentioned are good enough.

They've been released in Saudi Arabia. Looks real to me. Picture:
manchester.png

It would look quite elegant with the logo removed and the word "Chevrolet" alone in it... With the logo however, it looks like some random uniform made for some random Football 7 team :ill:

Back