2014 Bathurst 12 Hour - Jan. 25th - Congrat's to winners Team Old Rosie! Over 350 laps!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 155 comments
I don't believe we were running at the same time, perhaps it's a glitch if you're watching on the stream...? I checked it out myself and saw that somebody called cyrius was in place of our Andro, so it's probably just something to do with a bug. Ask Wardez though, to be sure.
So far we've done everything by the book as far as I'm aware, no more than one driver on track at the same time.
I think we've done a combined total of 274 laps between us, and it's just coming up to 9.5 hours now.

I don't believe we were running at the same time, perhaps it's a glitch if you're watching on the stream...? I checked it out myself and saw that somebody called cyrius was in place of our Andro, so it's probably just something to do with a bug. Ask Wardez though, to be sure.
So far we've done everything by the book as far as I'm aware, no more than one driver on track at the same time.
I think we've done a combined total of 274 laps between us, and it's just coming up to 9.5 hours now.

Yeah, you guys were fine 👍

Had the playstaion freeze 2 times and disconnected twice probally lost about 8 laps :(

Last edited:
30 minutes left! Looks like Team Old Rosie BMW has it wrapped up!

I know the results haven't been finalised just yet but I still want to say a big thanks to team Old Rosie Racing (made up of aboe_83; AndroR35; Mamaghi; & nicko321) for their/our commitment and positive attitude. Big thanks also to the organisers who, I'm sure, worked hard to get this thing up and running in the first place. Here's to many more!

Congratulations and thank you to all who took part, particularly to @Wardez , my partner in crime for this event’s organisation.

We are currently collecting and tabulating the results, and will publish the official results as soon as possible.

In the mean time I would like to make a few points and invite your comments on the event.

1 - As a proof of concept, I think the event worked and worked well, demonstrating the running of full length endurance races on GT6.

2 - Running the event in a public lobby was not ideal, but some where having connection issues before the start, so I felt we had no choice.

3 - I apologise to those who were delayed by the few idiots who wanted to disrupt the event. As soon as I saw or was told an individual was causing trouble, I kicked them out as soon as I could.

4 - There was some great racing, and we proved the point that you only need two cars to make a race, and they can be half a lap apart on track whilst still battling like crazy.

5 - Geez this game is beautiful, I traded some paint with the barriers due to getting distracted by the moon and the stars!

6 - I don’t think I had anyone behind me flash their lights, how did they look?

7 - I’m glad we had a mix of ‘true’ and ‘production’ GT3 cars, I think it worked really well and produced some David and Goliath moments.

Look forward to hearing your feedback!

Thank you for that extraordinary event and big thanks to my teammates nicko321, aboe_83 and AndroR35, all of us had lot of fun. Really niiice experience. good job.

Last edited:
In the mean time I would like to make a few points and invite your comments on the event...

1 - As a proof of concept, I think the event worked and worked well, demonstrating the running of full length endurance races on GT6.

2 - Running the event in a public lobby was not ideal, but some where having connection issues before the start, so I felt we had no choice.

3 - I apologise to those who were delayed by the few idiots who wanted to disrupt the event. As soon as I saw or was told an individual was causing trouble, I kicked them out as soon as I could.

4 - There was some great racing, and we proved the point that you only need two cars to make a race, and they can be half a lap apart on track whilst still battling like crazy.

5 - Geez this game is beautiful, I traded some paint with the barriers due to getting distracted by the moon and the stars!

6 - I don’t think I had anyone behind me flash their lights, how did they look?

7 - I’m glad we had a mix of ‘true’ and ‘production’ GT3 cars, I think it worked really well and produced some David and Goliath moments.

Look forward to hearing your feedback!

1. I agree, thanks again.

2. I think adding friends a while before the event might help with this issue, maybe a deadline could be set by which time people must have registered and been added, say, a few days before the event takes place.

3. No problem, things happen.

4. I think perhaps more teams would have made things even more interesting out on track. Perhaps smaller teams limited to 3 drivers, or a feature where only two drivers from each team can be in the race lobby at one time (as discussed in the briefing), meaning more drivers on track, could be one way to go.

5. It is.

6. I remember flashing my lights to a few people but I realised that it would be difficult for people to tell if they were a lap down or not because of the practice lobby situation so expected a few good battles and I got them. Was really hard to pass the Ferrari, for example, due to the higher top speed along the straights.

7. It would be nice to see an even more diverse range of vehicles competing in a next event, maybe some decent DLC will help, or perhaps just some more teams, like I said earlier.

Hope that helps :)

Sorry for the delay in publication of the results, we are just waiting on @DaxCobra and Apex AMG photos. The data looks very interesting so far!

Results and Stint Data have now been published on the 1st page.

Again, congratulations and many thanks to all who took part!

Thanks for the work you've put into this event Nemo/Wardez, it was really enjoyable. Up until race day I'd never taken part in anything similar, so thanks for breaking me in :)

Thanks again to BMW Old Rosie Racing and congrats to @Mamaghi on being our most consistent driver 👍

Last edited:
ORR Photo Modified.jpg
orr trophy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back