2014 Belgian Grand Prix

Azure Flare

Daihatsu Midget is Love. Daihatsu Midget is Life.
(Banned)
Carthage, TN
race_emhard
After a seemingly endless month of August, F1 is back. Despite a inter-team rivalry between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes will be looking to stay on top, keeping Ferrari and Red Bull at bay. This year will mark the 70th Belgian Grand Prix.

Circuit_Spa_2007.png

Event date: 22-24 August 2014
Course length: 7.004 km (4.352 mi)
Race distance: 44 laps, 308.052 km (191.415 mi)
Lap record (current configuration): Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull RB5, 2009, 1:47.263

2013 pole lap

2013 podium

1st - Sebastian Vettel
2nd - Fernando Alonso
3rd - Lewis Hamilton

We were thinking of doing a summer break article... where has the time gone? :lol:

-

Still, my internet is finally working... somewhat... and I have cable again... somewhat. Can't wait to get back in on the action. :D

I am really excited for Spa, unfortunately for the first time this season I will have to wait until next Tuesday to watch the race :-(.

I do not know what to expect during this race, it is anyone's race in my opinion. I would like to see someone new standing on the top of the podium. Also having Hamilton come in a place or two ahead of Rosberg to really heat up the championship would be a phenomenal start to rest of the season.

If you believe twitter and most of the internet Kamui Kobayashi has been replaced by Andre Lotterer, an official statement should come out later this evening.

GP2 champion. Compared better to Rubens as a rookie than Hulk did. Won a GP in a Williams. Demolished Senna. Faster than now-highly-valued Bottas just last year. But not a real driver.

I like Maldonado. Brings speed (well did) and comedy to a rather metronomic homogenous grid. Needs to pick it up this year though, as other than Austria, Grosjean has been crushing him.

16 year old Max Verstappen will be a new figure to keep a Friday eye on. He is scheduled to replace Vergne next year.

Sutil has said Eau Rouge might not be flat out this year due to less downforce, which if true will add excitement to the event.

Is bringing Lotterer in for Kobayashi a cash issue? Ericsson hasn't exactly stood out.
Lotterer is not bringing any cash. Supposedly, it's a feedback issue as Kamui is reportedly pretty **** at that. They want an opinion from someone knowledgeable who drives a faster car elsewhere.

Just wondering, why does F1 get its own thread for every Grand Prix and not just a general thread like the other motorsports get?

I can't wait for the Belgian GP though, always one of my favorite races, along with Monza and Interlagos. :D

Just wondering, why does F1 get its own thread for every Grand Prix and not just a general thread like the other motorsports get?

I can't wait for the Belgian GP though, always one of my favorite races, along with Monza and Interlagos. :D

Because the rage discussion spills out to maaaany pages often. When there are a number of races closer together I guess it's an easier way to keep the discussion focussed on one race.

The mods have a reasoning, ask them in the mods question thread to get a quicker response I think, but @TenEightyOne is probably on the money.

Formula 1 has the biggest following on the forums, which combined with regular events tends to result in twenty-page threads where discussions can go on for weeks after the race has been run. It's far more manageable to have individual threads for races in the same way that it is far more manageable to have a whole-series thread for other categories. Major events, like Le Mans, might get their own threads, but can you imagine what it would be like if every NASCAR, IndyCar, WRC, V8 Supercar, USSC, BTCC, WTCC, MotoGP and WEC race also had a dedicated discussion?

We'd have a one to two page thread for each race.

Good housekeeping dictates F1 needs separate threads for each race... not a 600 page thread that, by the end of the year, is impossible to follow.

If we build up enough NASCAR fans, we might need separate threads for each race, as well, as it is... there hasn't been much clamor for it... yet.

That one is in The Infield. ;)

Back