2014 Blancpain 24 Hours Of Spa July 26th-27th

• Thread starter Vendrah
  • 343 comments
Great race from Audi once again, also phenomenal race from the Marc VDS BMW, both deserved the win, but the pace from the Audi was better than the BMW's :)

Cool race, valuable to watch, even with the high number of heavy accidents.
40 manage to end this year, 35 officially, more than the last year race. However last year was no red flag.

That BMW saved the day, Audi 1 2 3 would su*%. Ferrari managed 6 and 7 was kind of surprise since they had started with a regular performance.

Im glad everybody is fine =).

@P1K3Y_M1k3Y I couldn't open the internet on my phone anymore, sorry for that. All I can say about that race is, that it was the biggest carnage I have ever seen happening in motorsports, I mean there were 3 crashes within the first lap after a Safety Car phase. :crazy: I stopped counting the crashes, there was one pretty much everywhere on the track.
Apart from that I enjoyed the weekend there, it was fantastic to see the GT3's battling on one of my favourite tracks in the world and the finish in PRO Cup was also very exciting.

I don't remember any of the crashes being that severe at the ring though. That red flag seemed to calm everyone down last night as I didn't hear about any big incidents once the race was resumed.

I don't remember any of the crashes being that severe at the ring though. That red flag seemed to calm everyone down last night as I didn't hear about any big incidents once the race was resumed.

Well, the R8 crash and the Viper/Mini crash were pretty nasty, not as nasty as the ones at Spa though, yeah.

Great race from Audi once again, also phenomenal race from the Marc VDS BMW, both deserved the win, but the pace from the Audi was better than the BMW's :)
The MVDS BMW deserved the win for doing as well as they did against the SRO-aided Audis. Audi was handed the race on a platter with the pre-race BoP and Marc VDS still almost won.

The MVDS BMW deserved the win for doing as well as they did against the SRO-aided Audis. Audi was handed the race on a platter with the pre-race BoP and Marc VDS still almost won.

Like I said, both deserved the win. But saying that Audi just had luck, is wrong. The reason why Audi keeps winning these endurance races is simply down to the fact, that these cars are insanely reliable AND they have very capable drivers (especially with René Rast).

Like I said, both deserved the win. But saying that Audi just had luck, is wrong. The reason why Audi keeps winning these endurance races is simply down to the fact, that these cars are insanely reliable AND they have very capable drivers (especially with René Rast).
And WRT have the most skilled pit crew in the business. Disc change and wheels back on in under 30 seconds.

Someone was having a good weekend
D7CEB3BE-5D02-4195-929E-D91EF95D04E1_zps7twcoaqf.jpg

This year? No, but close.
Spa's average speed is also much higher and the track's famous for brutal accidents.

Who said anything about luck?

The Audis were already very competitive in BES before this race, but nevertheless they got a big BoP boost on the eve of the Spa 24 Hours from the SRO. When news of the adjusted BoP got out, everybody and their goldfish knew who would win (if not dominate) the race.
Kogay needs to be dropped from whatever kiddie rating the series gave him. There's no way he's got a bronze, or whatever the lowest rating is.
What did he do?
Fyi, he had major brake issues at Monza so the clown show wasn't entirely his fault there and he hasn't been a problem in any other races I've seen.

Speaking of no replays, what happened to the other guy who wrecked really bad and no one said anything about?
Mullen? There's video of it now, he was released from hospital quickly.

Back