2014 Commonwealth Games-Glasgow

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 49 comments
I'm watching the Women's gymnastics to see if I can spot @Classic in the arena. Honest.
lookaround.gif

As one commentator just said, there's some fantastic pieces of apparatus.

I'm watching the Women's gymnastics to see if I can spot @Classic in the arena. Honest.
lookaround.gif

As one commentator just said, there's some fantastic pieces of apparatus.
Fo' sure.

Of course, I turned down dressing assistant for those athletes as I totally wanted to be a scorer at table tennis.

Totally.

Just went past strathclyde park were they held the triathlon events and someone's burned down all the huts :lol: suppose that's what they get for holding an event in Motherwell.

I think john cleland quoted it best
B1A1AAB0-BC97-4702-8F06-E43E7B4F262B_zpsygsaap6x.jpg

Wales have picked up a Gold Silver and Bronze in the pool tonight, massive congratulations to Georgia Davies, Jazz Carlin and Daniel Jevis! :cheers:

Just watched the Women's diving final - I think they may have to show the highlights after the watershed :D

Once again, double standards apply in the Australian camp. A high-profile athlete missed a pre-event training camp, for which her coach rightfully criticised her. But because she's a medal hope, it was the coach who got sent home.

It's disgusting. We have no right to call ourselves a sporting nation any more, because winning is the only thing anyone values anymore.

Nicola Adams into the Boxing final tomorrow and Usain Bolt is in action in the 4X100 relay heats tonight...

Closing ceremony is tomorrow night, last full day of action today...

Yep - quite sad it's over... and I feel bad for not getting more enthusiastic about it beforehand - I think most people in the UK were pretty nonplussed by the idea of the Games before kick-off, but it has been an entertaining 11 days.

I thought the closing ceremony was a bit lame though - my sister summed it up by suggesting it was one of those 'you really have to be there' type deals. I did enjoy the mildly sarcastic BBC commentator who said at the end of a previously unheard of Kylie song; "It's from her latest album in case you were wondering".

Am I right in saying that Gold Coast is the new-ish name for Surfer's Paradise? I don't recall a city called Gold Coast when I was there in '95.

Yep - quite sad it's over... and I feel bad for not getting more enthusiastic about it beforehand - I think most people in the UK were pretty nonplussed by the idea of the Games before kick-off, but it has been an entertaining 11 days.

I thought the closing ceremony was a bit lame though - my sister summed it up by suggesting it was one of those 'you really have to be there' type deals. I did enjoy the mildly sarcastic BBC commentator who said at the end of a previously unheard of Kylie song; "It's from her latest album in case you were wondering".

Am I right in saying that Gold Coast is the new-ish name for Surfer's Paradise? I don't recall a city called Gold Coast when I was there in '95.
Yeah it's surfers paradise.

Back