• 1,574 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54

bjbbt_scmaee2g6-jpg.129669

2013 was a boom year for the BTCC. Grids rose, the variety of machinery was almost unparalled, and the result was a fascinating championship that produced a new championship - Andrew Jordan finally delivered on years of promise with the drivers championship for his family run Pirtek Racing in an epic and damp Brands Hatch finale. Old chargers Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden ran him mighty close to the end for the factory Honda team, and the MG of Jason Plato came close as well, with team mate Sam Tordoff having a mighty impressive rookie season. Colin Turkington challenged strongly in the new WSR BMW's. Fan favourite Rob Austin also grabbed his maiden win at Rockingham, the first for Audi in the BTCC since Frank Biela in 1997.

But now it's all about 2014. The grid will keep expanding. I could spend ages writing about the changes but perhaps the page linked below from BTCC Crazy will make it clearer - with Mercedes entered, potential Renault and Volvo returns, and a crazy factory Honda estate (1994 Volvo lovers rejoice), and a full grid of NGTC cars expected, 2014 will be a bumper year for the finest touring car championship in existence.

Roll on 2014!

(BTCCCrazy with there 2014 silly season guide)
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/btcc-2014-confirmed-entries-and-rumours-regularly-updated/

(2014 BTCC Calendar)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109870

And finally the Honda Estate as a bonus:
BaPuG5hCUAAZSLt.jpg_large-450x300.jpeg

Last edited:
Confirmed NGTC makes and modes that 100% exist at the moment of writing:

ma_9_hs.gif

2014Civ4.png

2013Civic77.png

ma_11_hs.gif

2013MGP.png

ma_7_hs.gif

2013Ebay29.png

ma_8_hs.gif

2013MB7.png

ma_17_hs.gif

2013Wrathall.png

ma_6_hs.gif

2013RAR13.png

ma_23_hs.gif

2013Neate.png

2013Stockton.png

ma_2_hs.gif

2013JG.png

ma_15_hs.gif

2013Welch.png

volkswagen_logo.png

2013TOC2.png

Last edited:
The trouble I have with the BTCC is choosing who to support. Whenever I watch a race I want all of them to win, and none of them at all. In the end it just comes down to who has the most interesting car...

I guess Honda'll have my support next year then...

Probably in the minority here, but I don't really care for the Honda look this coming year. The 2013 car was epic though.

The Megane wasn't a real build, just a mock-up and the Mercedes is still being built. (and LeeJH hasn't made a blueprint yet :P)

Tom
Has there actually been an official announcement as of yet? I know that he was due to appear in court recently.

I think he is going back to court in the next few months, doesn't look good for him though if you believe what has been said on some news sites.

I think he is going back to court in the next few months, doesn't look good for him though if you believe what has been said on some news sites.
Doesn't look good for him? I can't see him getting away with it at all.

This car exists but hasn't raced yet (might not be completed yet either)
1474431_603510383049196_258058226_n.jpg

Be interesting to know the make and model of this one. Shape reminds me of the current spec Focus. It ain't Morgan's A-Class, The car's rear looks different to the rear of the A-Class on the road going model. My money is on the Megane.

That's as technical as you will expect me to write.:D

Be interesting to know the make and model of this one. Shape reminds me of the current spec Focus. It ain't Morgan's A-Class, The car's rear looks different to the rear of the A-Class on the road going model.

That's as technical as you will expect me to write.:D

It's Chris Stockton's Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback, he was given a place on the 2013 grid but spent all year building the car.

My guess at the 32-car field:

2013 teams (who therefore qualify automatically for a license):
2x Eurotech
2x Team Dynamics
2x 888
3x WSR
4x Motorbase
4x team HARD
2x RAR
2x Welch
2x Speedworks
1x Dynojet
1x Ciceley Racing
1x Amd Tuning
1x Team Wood
1x BMR Restart
1x IP Tech
1x Finesse Motorsport
1x M247 Racing

So:
  1. Eurotech
  2. Eurotech
  3. Team Dynamics
  4. Team Dynamics
  5. 888
  6. 888
  7. WSR
  8. WSR
  9. WSR
  10. Motorbase
  11. Motorbase
  12. Motorbase
  13. Motorbase
  14. team HARD
  15. team HARD
  16. team HARD
  17. team HARD/BMR Restart
  18. RAR
  19. RAR
  20. Welch Motorsport
  21. Welch Motorsport
  22. Speedworks
  23. Speedworks
  24. Ciceley Racing
  25. Amd Tuning
  26. Team Wood
  27. IP Tech
  28. Finesse Motorsport Aiden Moffat Racing
  29. Dynojet United Autosports
  30. United Autosports
  31. M247 Racing
  32. ???
I've assumed here that Motorbase's S2000 entry counts as a 4th.
I've assumed Andy Neate's IP Tech team is continuing and Aiden Moffat's entry is the same one as he entered Knockhill with.

If everyone from last year continues, its hard to see where people like Rotek fit in with their plans for 2 Audi A3s. I'm assuming that Motorbase and team HARD are unlikely to run 4 entries each again but who knows.

My guess at the 32-car field:

2013 teams (who therefore qualify automatically for a license):
2x Eurotech
2x Team Dynamics
2x 888
3x WSR
4x Motorbase
4x team HARD
2x RAR
2x Welch
2x Speedworks
1x Dynojet
1x Ciceley Racing
1x Amd Tuning
1x Team Wood
1x BMR Restart
1x IP Tech
1x Finesse Motorsport
1x M247 Racing

So:
  1. Eurotech
  2. Eurotech
  3. Team Dynamics
  4. Team Dynamics
  5. 888
  6. 888
  7. WSR
  8. WSR
  9. WSR
  10. Motorbase
  11. Motorbase
  12. Motorbase
  13. Motorbase
  14. team HARD
  15. team HARD
  16. team HARD
  17. team HARD/BMR Restart
  18. RAR
  19. RAR
  20. Welch Motorsport
  21. Welch Motorsport
  22. Speedworks
  23. Speedworks
  24. Ciceley Racing
  25. Amd Tuning
  26. Team Wood
  27. IP Tech
  28. Finesse Motorsport Aiden Moffat Racing
  29. Dynojet United Autosports
  30. United Autosports
  31. M247 Racing
  32. ???
I've assumed here that Motorbase's S2000 entry counts as a 4th.
I've assumed Andy Neate's IP Tech team is continuing and Aiden Moffat's entry is the same one as he entered Knockhill with.

If everyone from last year continues, its hard to see where people like Rotek fit in with their plans for 2 Audi A3s. I'm assuming that Motorbase and team HARD are unlikely to run 4 entries each again but who knows.

All the entries are NGTC. No S2000's.

You misunderstand, the regulations state that all teams that competed last year are considered first for licenses. This presumably includes the S2000 teams (especially considering AmD Tuning's tweets). So where Motorbase fielded a 4th car for Liam Griffin in S2000, they presumably still get that option of a 4th spot if they so choose.

I'm not saying they will run an S2000 car, I'm just talking about the allocation of the 32 grid spots.

Apparently there's a capacity grid lined up for next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111705

I don't expect to see them all at the first race, let alone last the season, to be honest, but still, it's pretty cool that the BTCC is having another boom period.

Now just to capture back that pesky worldwide TV audience it had in the 90s...
You misunderstand, the regulations state that all teams that competed last year are considered first for licenses. This presumably includes the S2000 teams (especially considering AmD Tuning's tweets). So where Motorbase fielded a 4th car for Liam Griffin in S2000, they presumably still get that option of a 4th spot if they so choose.

I'm not saying they will run an S2000 car, I'm just talking about the allocation of the 32 grid spots.

I see, I misunderstood having read the Autosport article 👍

3 MG's for next year 3rd car driven by Marc Hynes

Which means 100% confirmed:

1 Adam Morgan Ciceley Racing A Class Mercedes
2 Simon Belcher Handy Motorsport Toyota Avensis
3 James Cole United Autosports Toyota Avensis
4 Glynn Geddie United Autosports Toyota Avensis
5 Matt Neal Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Tourer
6 Gordon Shedden Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Tourer
7 Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Honda Civic
8 Martin Depper Pirtek Racing Honda Civic
9 Rob Austin Rob Austin Racing Audi A4
10 Dan Welch Welch Motorsport Proton Gen2
11 Warren Scott Team BMR Restart VW Passat CC
12 Marc Hynes Triple 8 Race Engineering MG6GT

Yep I've already seen it and been all over it, There was stories going about that be bought 2 of them with trucks etc for 350k which isn't true he only got the car and aload of spares for quite abit less.
BaLURF8IIAALCHG.jpg

There was also these
11109987053_71302a0baf_b.jpg

11109871926_6c16b55fbc_b.jpg

Back