2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
130 points tonight. Can't complain. Won't get highest score but can't complain.

My Larson gamble didn't pan out, but an 11th isn't bad. Harvick made his way back past Logano with a few to go to give me another top 5, even though Larson dropped that one spot out of the top 10 at the same time. Kes destroyed the field.

I'll take a 1st, 5th, and 11th heading into the Chase.

1st/2nd/8th. I needed a clutch result, and I got it. Let's just hope it's good enough.

EDIT: 127 points. Should be enough for second-best points haul this week.

By a vote of 14-6, we will be using the classic Chase format. The Chase-eligible participant that scores the most points in the last 10 rounds will be declared the fantasy league champion.

How is seeding determined in the Chase?

From the OP:
Chase:

--Following Round 26 at Richmond, the top 16 in points will gain entry into the Chase.

--Consecutive picks can be traded in for 2 bonus points each, if needed, to move into the top 16 in points. Or, they can be carried over to use in the Chase.

--At the end of the Chase, all players will receive 2 bonus points for each available consecutive pick.

--Each participant granted entry into the Chase will be set to 5,000 points.

--Two points will be awarded for each race winner selected in the first 26 rounds.

--The points leader going into the chase will receive 15 extra points to start the Chase.

--Each participant must pick at least 1 non-chase driver in the final 10 races.

Of the 11 people fighting for the final 5 chase spots, the 13th, 16th, 18th, and 22nd place people didn't submit picks this week. Some had CPs, some didn't.

[Suspense intensifies]

In all honesty, I'm not to hopeful that I made the chase seeing as I made a gamble and lost again.

Round 26 Results:

Y9kkhho.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries are being allowed at this time, as we are more than halfway through the regular season.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 26 was won by @tbwhhs.

Nine entries received 2 bonus points for picking pole-winner Brad Keselowski before qualifying.

Sixteen entries received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Brad Keselowski.

One Consecutive Pick was spent this week (@BlacqueJacques).

@jmacca, @Adrenaline, @Chqr, @Patrick, @ukfan758, and @LMSCorvetteGT2 did not submit picks this week. All of their picks were scored based on last round's picks, and a 10 point penalty was assessed for each driver, if CPs weren't available. Brad Keselowski was DNF last week, and was not docked 10 points for this week.

@Wilbur picked Kevin Harvick in consecutive weeks, with no CP available. 10 points were docked for the pick.

No one picked Kurt Busch (7th place) or Aric Almirola (10th).

One person picked Jamie McMurray (4th).

Two people picked Clint Bowyer (3rd).

This week's average score was 102 points.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Last edited:
Back