2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
Point Standings following Chase reseeding:

bJO2sgq.png

All Chase Participants start with 5,000 points.
Each race win from the first 26 rounds is worth 2 bonus points.
Niop was awarded 15 bonus points for leading the standings after round 26.

In the future, I will probably make it 3 points per race win, with a 10 point regular season leader bonus, so that the leader bonus isn't worth so much more than picking winners.

I'm thinking of adding one more way to earn bonus points for the Chase. It's going to be an elimination guessing game. Before the start of each round (races 1,4,7), you guess which 4 drivers will be eliminated at the end of that round (races 3,6,9).

For each eliminated driver you guess correctly, you get bonus points.

1 driver correct = 1 point
2 drivers correct = 1+2 points (3)
3 drivers correct = 1+2+3 points (6)
All 4 drivers correct = 1+2+3+4 points (10) + 1 CP

Are you guys interested in doing this, too?

Last edited:
I'd be in. It could help take the edge off a bad week if anyone had one, if nothing else.

Bonus round picks.
#88 Matt Crafton.
#9 Chase Elliot.

Sprint cup picks.
#4 Kevin Harvick.
#48 Jimmie Johnson.
Non-chase driver: #27 Paul Menard.

I'm dropping out since I'm second to last, I screwed up with the CP's in the beginning of the season (always picked the same 3 drivers :lol:)

I now have to hunt for the top non-chase spot I guess. I blame me picking Truex Jr., that one round at the beginning of the year that caused me to lose 15 position that I was never able to recover :lol:

@MustangRyan

A couple of questions

What are you going to do if someone picks 3 chase contenders? Also if a driver is eliminated from the chase is he still considered a chase driver?

@MustangRyan

A couple of questions

What are you going to do if someone picks 3 chase contenders? Also if a driver is eliminated from the chase is he still considered a chase driver?

Form won't have that option.

Also unless I am mistaken, there will only be 3 chase drivers to pick from for last couple events?

Also unless I am mistaken, there will only be 3 chase drivers to pick from for last couple events?

OK Im looking at the pick form now and it seems its not possible. There was an issue with it last season so Im glad its fine this season.

Wait, the bonus points don't get included into the weekly score?
They never have. Only the points scored by your drivers in the race (including lap leader bonuses) count toward the consecutive pick for highest score of the week. Since NASCAR doesn't actually award two points for winning the pole, those are considered bonus points for our standings.

You will never have only the Chase teams from which to select your picks.

From the conversation thread:

The Chicago Cup pick form has been posted.

Remember, you have to pick 1 non-Chase driver in all 10 rounds. Eliminated Chase drivers after rounds 3/6/9 are not able to be picked as non-Chase drivers. You will still have to pick at least one driver per round from the group of drivers outside the original 16-driver Chase group.

The groups are not going to change, even after eliminations take place. The non-Chase field will always consist of all entered vehicles, minus the 16 cars that initially qualified for the Chase. You must select ONE car from this group of 27 cars each week.

Then, you have to select two cars from the full field, which includes the 16 Chase teams, and the other 27 teams.

You can choose three non-Chase teams if you really want, you just can't ever pick three teams that qualified for the Chase in any round, even if all of them have already been eliminated.

Last edited:
Non Chase driver for Chicagoland is Clint Bowyer
And going with Chase drivers Logano, and Gordon
Made my Chase elimated drivers too: Kenseth, Almirola, Edwards and I forget already :)

I'm going to leave the truck/NW pick form up until 11pm EST tonight. Had the truck race started tonight, it would already be closed.

Forgot to add, I was delightfully surprised to see I made the Chase especially when I forgot to change them from the week before.

2nd, 3rd, 5th. Would've been nice if my drivers would quit battling each other and run down that 2 car. Still, not a bad start to the chase.

Back