2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
@Niop I was hoping Johnson qualifying 25th would scare you out of the pick.
I actually didn't see the qualifying results or it probably would have scared me off, so I kind of lucked out there.
After Richmond Im going back to avoiding this thread and not posting picks until after the race. Doesnt look right when I end up using the same picks as a rival after he posted his. Id rather not know what everyone's picks are
I always forget who I picked, so I like to post them here in case I can't remember. But I know what you mean, and I'll certainly hold the cards closer to my chest once the chase starts.

Knew I shouldn't have picked Hamlin. Gah, this year's going to be tough to make the Chase.
It's hard not to pick the guy that finished second in the last two races at that track.

3th, 4th and 17th. But since I forgot to pick and they are last week's drivers it's 13th, 14th and 27th. :(

Round 8 Results:

L7lP5wn.png

Legend:
GREEN BOX = Race win - gained 1 Consecutive Pick
RED BOX = Driver failed to finish - can be used next week without using CP
(CP) = Consecutive Pick used for selection
(P10) = 10 point penalty for selection, no CP available for this pick

Notes:

No new entries were made this week.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 8 was won by Niop and Earth. This is Niop's third straight week scoring the most points.

Eight players received a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Kevin Harvick**.

Four players received 2 bonus points for selecting pole winner Kevin Harvick before qualifying.

No Consecutive Picks were spent this week.

Five players did not submit picks this week (Matty, Ganon83, JMoney689, ukfan758, and JakobNascar88). All were docked 10 points per driver, if no CP was available**.

Kevin Urea, randallio, and pisaacs were removed from the standings after being inactive for three consecutive weeks.

**UKfan758 was eligible to receive the race win bonus CP for Harvick because Harvick was DNF in the previous round, and was able to be picked in this round without requiring a CP. If UKfan758 had a single CP available, he would have recorded a 1-2-3 finish, as Harvick and Dale Jr finished 1-2, after both being DNF last week. UKfan758 did not have a CP available for Jimmie Johnson, so he was docked 10 points for JJ's score. Jakob also was not docked for having Dale Jr this week and Ganon was not docked for having Kurt Busch this week, since both drivers were DNF last week.

The following drivers can be picked in the next round without requiring a CP, due to being DNF this round: 5, 22, 41

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

Need a good week this week. Getting dangerously close to dropping out of the Chase.

I was about to come here panicky as always, tagging @MustangRyan and asking where the pick form is, before I realized it's an off week. With so many races in a season, one sometimes forgets that not all 36 races are on consecutive weekends.

Back