2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
One more question, do I have to submit both the NW and Truck picks at the same time or can I submit the Trucks on Friday before the race and the Nationwide the Saturday before the race?

How would you guys feel about giving a CP to anyone that has a selected driver win their Duel race tomorrow night?

In order to get the CP, you would need to submit your final picks before the start of the first dual race, and not change your picks for the rest of the weekend. I don't want anyone trying to pick 3 guys from the first race, then 3 from the second race if no one won the first race, then changing them again for the main race if none of the guys in the second race won.

Thoughts?

The Budweiser Duel qualifying races are going to start in less than 8 hours. If you want a chance at up to 2 extra Consecutive Picks, get your final Daytona 500 selections in soon!

The first post has been updated with a lot of new things and changes. Please re-read the entire first post, and feel free to ask any questions.

Here are most of the changes:

The top ten in points from last season have been awarded CPs, based on their finishing position. Initial standings posted.
Race winners earn 46 points, instead of 43, to match up with points actually earned in the Sprint Cup series.
Added a bonus for having a 1-2-3 finish in any round.
Made it so consecutive picks can be traded in for 2 points each at the end of the regular season, to help players get into, or stay in, the top 16 points positions.
Changed the bracket tournament to the new Chase Elimination Bracket format.

The Budweiser Duel qualifying races are going to start in less than 8 hours. If you want a chance at up to 2 extra Consecutive Picks, get your final Daytona 500 selections in soon!

We're submitting picks for the Twin 150s? How do you get a chance at 2 extra CPs?

Made my picks, depending on if the drivers I picked win their duels, if they don't I'm just gonna change them.

Also, if I wanna change my Nationwide pick after the Truck race, I should just resubmit my truck pick?

We're submitting picks for the Twin 150s? How do you get a chance at 2 extra CPs?

Like this:

How would you guys feel about giving a CP to anyone that has a selected driver win their Duel race tomorrow night?
In order to get the CP, you would need to submit your final Daytona 500 picks before the start of the first dual race, and not change your picks for the rest of the weekend. I don't want anyone trying to pick 3 guys from the first race, then 3 from the second race if no one won the first race, then changing them again for the main race if none of the guys in the second race won.

Made my picks, depending on if the drivers I picked win their duels, if they don't I'm just gonna change them.

Also, if I wanna change my Nationwide pick after the Truck race, I should just resubmit my truck pick?

Yes, just resubmit your pick any time before the start of the NW race. I'll only look at the NW pick after the start of the truck race.

OK, cool. Are the Bonus Picks going to be a weekly thing?
I'll probably do them for most triple-header weekends at a single track, on road-course weekends, and might even do an F1/IndyCar bonus for Memorial Day weekend.

Looking at the three series' schedules, these are the triple-header Truck/NW/Cup weekends:

Daytona, Martinsville, Dover, Kentucky, Bristol, Chicago, Texas, Phoenix, and Homestead.

I'm actually quite shocked to see that Charlotte and Talladega don't have a late-season NW date when the Trucks and Cup series are both in town.

The first Duel race has started. All picks entered before now are eligible for consecutive picks, if any of their selected drivers win their duel race.

Of course, I have three drivers all in one race. :banghead:

I should have chose all 3 picks from one shootout race. Would have improved my chances greatly. Oh well, I'll be changing my picks anyway.

Out of 19 entries, no one got both winners correct last night. If they don't change their Daytona 500 picks, the following members will earn one bonus CP for picking a winner in one of last night's Budweiser Duel races:

MustangRyan
Carbonox
Niop
Chqr
Gerarghini
BlacqueJacques
Jahgee1124

If you haven't yet entered your picks, the deadline to do so is before the engines are started on Sunday.

ROUND 1 PICK FORM: Daytona 500

Also, don't forget to get your Speedweeks bonus picks in soon. The truck race is tonight, and the Nationwide race is tomorrow afternoon.

ROUND 1 BONUS PICKS: ENTRIES CLOSED!

Last edited:
Truck Race bonus point winners:

2nd place Timothy Peters - Ganon83 and BKGlover: +4 points
3rd place Johnny Sauter - Jahgee1124 and Furinkazen: +3 points
5th place Ron Hornaday Jr. - Adrenaline - +1 point

Get your picks in soon for the Nationwide race!

If Chase Elliott and Ty Dillon get into an accident together, there are going to be a lot of upset people in here. :lol:

Back