2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
Got another extra points, up to 4 before the first race. May sacrifice the bonus CP I got from the duels for different picks.

Well that's a good way to start the year. Damnit. :lol: :ouch: Thanks for the quick reply Ryan. 👍

Just checking, how many of you would be interested in this idea I had: Fantasy Historic NASCAR (It would have it's own thread, not gonna hijack this one for it, but the people in this thread would probably have the most interest in it)

What it would be is this, every other week I would name a track and have a pick form for all drivers in a race from the past, it would have the same rules as normal Fantasy NASCAR here. In order to make this fun, don't Google the list of drivers to find the race results. The points would be posted the following week at the same time each week (Probably 4 PM Eastern). If enough people are interested in it (As in more than 5), I'll make it.

If you are interested in it, instead of posting your agreement, just like this post.

Just checking, how many of you would be interested in this idea I had: Fantasy Historic NASCAR (It would have it's own thread, not gonna hijack this one for it, but the people in this thread would probably have the most interest in it)

What it would be is this, every other week I would name a track and have a pick form for all drivers in a race from the past, it would have the same rules as normal Fantasy NASCAR here. In order to make this fun, don't Google the list of drivers to find the race results. The points would be posted the following week at the same time each week (Probably 4 PM Eastern). If enough people are interested in it (As in more than 5), I'll make it.

If you are interested in it, instead of posting your agreement, just like this post.
I'm afraid people could just abuse the system and find out the results anyway. Besides, some guys here could have a good memory of how old races turned out, thus having an advantage. :indiff:

I'm afraid people could just abuse the system and find out the results anyway. Besides, some guys here could have a good memory of how old races turned out, thus having an advantage. :indiff:
I know people could abuse it, but I think it would be obvious if someone were cheating after a certain amount of time, as for the advantage thing, I don't think it would be too much of an advantage, especially since I intend to use a wide range of years if we do it.

I know people could abuse it, but I think it would be obvious if someone were cheating after a certain amount of time, as for the advantage thing, I don't think it would be too much of an advantage, especially since I intend to use a wide range of years if we do it.
You could either go really far back in time if you're doing Sprint Cup, or alternatively do a series that hasn't received attention in the same scale as the top 3 series.

You could either go really far back in time if you're doing Sprint Cup, or alternatively do a series that hasn't received attention in the same scale as the top 3 series.

Or go really far back in time in a series that hasn't received attention in the same scale as the top 3 series. :sly:

But yeah, both of those were going to be options. So I take it if it gets started that you would be interested in it.

Truck Race bonus point winners:

2nd place Timothy Peters - Ganon83 and BKGlover: +4 points
3rd place Johnny Sauter - Jahgee1124 and Furinkazen: +3 points
5th place Ron Hornaday Jr. - Adrenaline: +1 point

NationWide Race bonus point winners:

1st place Regan Smith - MustangRyan and Dolph Drago: +5 points and +1 CP
3rd place Trevor Bayne - AdamGP, FireEmblem10, Chqr: +3 points
5th place Elliott Sadler - Adrenaline and Jahgee1124: +1 point

The extra CP isn't worth it, I'm changing my picks now.
You're crazy. This is Daytona, the 2.5 mile roulette wheel. The CP wasn't worth dropping. Even the best picks can be in the scrap yard before lap 50.

You're crazy. This is Daytona, the 2.5 mile roulette wheel. The CP wasn't worth dropping. Even the best picks can be in the scrap yard before lap 50.
In years past I'd agree with you, but from what I've seen this year at Superspeedway races, the only thing that is a roulette wheel will be the last lap.

Harvick and Stewart looked like solid picks last season, until they wrecked with each other early in the race. That set me back for months.

1st, 2nd, 7th, gave up 2 points and a CP for Kenseth of JJ, I just wasn't confident with JJ.

Back