2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
We did start discussing it in the thread on Wednesday, which was a full 48+ hours before qualifying started. Even after seeing qualifying, most of the late entries still didn't pick Keselowski (yourself included), so how much of an advantage could it be?
Besides, it's only 2 points for 4 people. Two of the four didn't even play last week, so they are coming in at the very bottom of the standings. I don't think these four 2-point bonuses from this one week are going to be the difference in someone making the Chase or not.
The point is that those who don't follow the thread daily, never knew it was being discussed, thus never even had a heads up that they could potentially benefit from picking drivers early. It wouldn't matter if it was only a single person, I'm just pointing out a flaw with the logic of making a rule retro-active. There was zero point in me picking Keslowski last night after my post, because qualifying was already over so any benefit of him qualifying pole was null and void.

Personally, I'm not worried about it, I'm just speaking on principle. Even in the coming weeks I highly doubt I'll pick drivers early.

Forgot about fantasy NASCAR for the second third year running...

At least I'm not 4 races late so I suppose I've got that going for me.

Keslowski, Kenseth and Johnson for me. Just quick picks as I only just remembered.

5th, 8th, 19th. Should have gone for Harvick instead of Hamlin like I originally considered. Oh well, not that bad of a race.

The point is that those who don't follow the thread daily, never knew it was being discussed, thus never even had a heads up that they could potentially benefit from picking drivers early. It wouldn't matter if it was only a single person, I'm just pointing out a flaw with the logic of making a rule retro-active. There was zero point in me picking Keslowski last night after my post, because qualifying was already over so any benefit of him qualifying pole was null and void.

Personally, I'm not worried about it, I'm just speaking on principle. Even in the coming weeks I highly doubt I'll pick drivers early.

So you are complaining on behalf of people who might in theory possibly be offended, though it doesn't affect or bother you.

I wish I had taken Hamlin last week (2nd) and Newman this week (7th), instead of doing it the other way around (21st & 19th).

I'm just speaking on principle.
So you are complaining on behalf of people who might in theory possibly be offended, though it doesn't affect or bother you.
prin·ci·ple [prin-suh-puh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
l]
noun
Guiding sense of the requirements and obligations of right conduct: a person of principle.

I would understand your objection had I added the bonus after qualifying had already taken place, offering no one a chance to know about the potential for earning two bonus points before qualifying had started.

However, with more than 48 hours notice provided, I feel no such obligation to rescind the qualifying bonus for this week.

People that only check the thread once a week will simply be less informed of any potential changes, which seems like a pretty reasonable assumption based on that particular behavior.

Round 2 Results:

Q7SqclS.png

All new entrants started with 42 points, the fewest points earned in round 1.

The Consecutive Pick for most points scored in round 2 was won by Dolph Drago.

12 entries won a Consecutive Pick for picking race winner Kevin Harvick.

Two Consecutive Picks were spent this week (Dolph Drago and Vetteman24).

Adrenaline and Seabass are the most consistent players. Adrenaline scored 114 and 115. Seabass scored 108 and 107.

Please let me know if you see any errors in anyone's score. Scoring errors will only be corrected up until the start of the next race.

EDIT - Updated to reflect Earth's correct pick of Kevin Harvick, instead of Kyle Busch.

Last edited:
Woah, theres no way I picked Kyle Busch. I submitted picks twice and each time Harvick was one of my 3 picks. First 3 were the #4, #22, and #88. Changed that for #2, #4, and #48

Can you look into this @MustangRyan?

Woah, theres no way I picked Kyle Busch. I submitted picks twice and each time Harvick was one of my 3 picks. First 3 were the #4, #22, and #88. Changed that for #2, #4, and #48

Can you look into this @MustangRyan?

Vd4hyMh.png

You are correct; this was my mistake. When copying your picks over, I must have looked at the wrong line. Kyle Busch was picked one line above you and on both lines below you. I'm very sorry about the error, and definitely appreciate you catching it quickly! Updated standings have been uploaded in post one and above.

Back