2014 Fantasy NASCAR: Round 36 Homestead

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 2,073 comments
#4 Kevin Harvick.
#20 Matt Kenseth.
#99 Carl Edwards.

Might change one or two after I see how qualifying goes.

Last edited:
My goal this year is to make up lost positions in the points (Last year I started after Daytona in 1st and ended up 5th, while never passing anyone in the points besides when the Chase happened)

I'm impressed, we already have 17 entries for Phoenix, and not a single practice session has taken place yet.

I'm impressed, we already have 17 entries for Phoenix, and not a single practice session has taken place yet.
I like doing it ASAP at first so that way if the internet/power goes out up where I live I still have picks in.

I like doing it ASAP at first so that way if the internet/power goes out up where I live I still have picks in.
I have considered cutting off picks at the start of qualifying**, so that people will stop waiting until the last minute to submit picks. It would also even it out for people that have to submit early in the week, and don't have qualifying and practice results to look at when submitting their picks.

**This would also maybe open up a bonus point or bonus CP for picking the pole sitter.

I have considered cutting off picks at the start of qualifying**, so that people will stop waiting until the last minute to submit picks. It would also even it out for people that have to submit early in the week, and don't have qualifying and practice results to look at when submitting their picks.

**This would also maybe open up a bonus point or bonus CP for picking the pole sitter.
Just gonna say I'd not be in favor of that rule.

Picks for now.
11- Denny Hamlin
41- Kurt Busch
99- Carl Edwards

I think bonus points for selecting earlier without actually cutting it off would be a better solution. Last year in the F1 league about 2/3 of people submitted prior to qualifying to take advantage of bonus points.

Due to the time difference, I always like to get my picks in early just case I forget and don't have the opportunity to do so before the start of the race.

I wouldn't cut off picks after start of qualifying because it's very possible a pickable driver like Sam Hornish at Talladega last year misses the field due to weather or something like that.
I'd cut it off at the start of Happy Hour practice.

Fair enough. How about a two point bonus for selecting the driver that wins the pole position (doesn't count rainouts, where the field is set by points), provided that your final picks are entered before the start of qualifying?

Well my season isn't off to a great start and forgot about the nationwide/trucks but I won't forget again.

5/11/24

Picks for now.
11- Denny Hamlin
41- Kurt Busch
99- Carl Edwards

I think bonus points for selecting earlier without actually cutting it off would be a better solution. Last year in the F1 league about 2/3 of people submitted prior to qualifying to take advantage of bonus points.

And here stands one of them. It's probably the only reason I was within eye-shot of the championship.

26 entries were in before qualifying started. Four of them picked Keselowski. If those entries don't change their picks, they will each get two bonus points for picking the pole driver.

26 entries were in before qualifying started. Four of them picked Keselowski. If those entries don't change their picks, they will each get two bonus points for picking the pole driver.
Can I ask if I did? I forgot, and would like to know before I consdier changing my picks.

Are we still allowed to pick our drivers leading up to the start of the race? Or do we have to get them in before Happy Hour? There was some discussion earlier about maybe doing picks before Happy Hour.

Edit: First post with the info still says we can do it up to when the engines start. Wanted to make sure that's still the case.

Hate to use one of my CP's already, but...

#4 Kevin Harvick (CP, he's just been so fast)
#24 Jeff Gordon
#88 Dale Earnhardt Jr.

My last pick was a tough one, but I decided to go with Jr. instead of Johnson, which means Johnson will end up winning.

For those of us who do wait until the last second, we didn't even know this could be a possibility, therefor if you enforce the rule this week, you're giving others an unfair advantage. I'm not sure I understand the need nor desire for early picks, but if for whatever reason you decide to do that, I'd recommend beginning next week, so that all competitors are fully aware of said rule changes and on equal ground.

Can I ask if I did? I forgot, and would like to know before I consdier changing my picks.
You did not select the #2 car.
For those of us who do wait until the last second, we didn't even know this could be a possibility, therefor if you enforce the rule this week, you're giving others an unfair advantage. I'm not sure I understand the need nor desire for early picks, but if for whatever reason you decide to do that, I'd recommend beginning next week, so that all competitors are fully aware of said rule changes and on equal ground.
We did start discussing it in the thread on Wednesday, which was a full 48+ hours before qualifying started. Even after seeing qualifying, most of the late entries still didn't pick Keselowski (yourself included), so how much of an advantage could it be?

Besides, it's only 2 points for 4 people. Two of the four didn't even play last week, so they are coming in at the very bottom of the standings. I don't think these four 2-point bonuses from this one week are going to be the difference in someone making the Chase or not.

Would be shocked if nobody rolls the dice on Larson this week
It took me until Kansas in the chase last year to pick Stenhouse, I just don't trust rookies in today's NASCAR to do well.
You did not select the #2 car.
OK, thank's for checking. I'll probably resubmit my picks prior to the race then.

Last edited:
It took me until Kansas in the chase last year to pick Stenhouse, I just don't trust rookies in today's NASCAR to do well.

OK, thank's for checking. I'll probably resubmit my picks prior to the race then.
You know you picked the exact same three guys on the 25th, 27th, and this morning, right? :lol:

Back