2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch... 3 hours...

Anyway, they are already winning and they are looking good... which is good I believe... for them...

But is bad for my wallet, since I made a bet with somebody that they won't get to Brazil...

Ohhh geezz... :/

Ouch... 3 hours...
Blame 9/11 (but we're good not getting off-topic)

Anyway, they are already winning and they are looking good... which is good I believe... for them...

Well, I can tell that their perfomance was average, but way more stable
But is bad for my wallet, since I made a bet with somebody that they won't get to Brazil...
You better have not placed a lot of money :ill:

I'm really disappointed that England qualified for the WC. Next summer will be a constant bombardment of crap from the media with 'after 50 years of hurt England more hungry than ever' like they haven't wanted to win the previous tournaments they've been in and all the adverts claiming the supermarkets are supporting the team with a 24 pack of cheap beer for £5 and a few cheesy England WC songs.
They'll big the whole thing and the whole team up and as soon as they're out of it it'll be all how unlucky they were rather than how crap they were compared to the more superior teams.

So... It's an "ALL OR NOTHING" game for Mexico today... for the tenth time this year... :rolleyes:

Very, very lame and pathetic if you ask me... but anyway...

If my expectations for GT6 are very low, my expectations for the National Team are even lower... I'm see them losing 0-1 and then praying for a miracle in NZ...

Mostly, I want them to lose because of my bet :lol:

Jordan got spanked by Uruguay 5-0 in their first leg play-off....

Next up, an investigative report into arboreal ursines and their faecal routines.

Incidentally, the forum software change has rethreaded the posts in this thread - so my posts for each of the regions can now be found in new and wholly random locations with their anchor tags borked. I can probably fix it, I just don't want to.

The links in post #1 still work to take you right to them though.

Well, Mexico is in Brazil...

The only thing that worries me is that the huuuuge Mexican Football crisis might be completely ignored and erased from the books with this single, easy game... The overall structure of our Football Organization is still an incredible mess and it's in desperate need of a change... heads have to roll and things need to get restructured...

Mexico is in Brazil, but was that really the solution???

Just my 2 cents...

Looks like Chris Coleman will stay on as Wales boss , it not what a lot of fans want but who else is there to take charge?

The saddest thing about Mexico is not a single one of those 5 goals was a result of any sort of impressive play (in my opinion). I saw a rebound, a fortunate bounce off of a corner, and a dribbler of a cross that would have been cleaned up by a respectable backline.

The sad thing is, I'd venture to say that Mexico is going to somehow get an easier draw than the US.

340355_heroa.jpg

Tomorrow...

So... unfair... that one of these 2 will not see World Cup action, but the Mexican team will...

Disgusting... but anyway...

CAM
The saddest thing about Mexico is not a single one of those 5 goals was a result of any sort of impressive play (in my opinion). I saw a rebound, a fortunate bounce off of a corner, and a dribbler of a cross that would have been cleaned up by a respectable backline.

The sad thing is, I'd venture to say that Mexico is going to somehow get an easier draw than the US.

Don't think so... even with an "easier" draw, they won't survive against anybody with their current level... This NZ game was just vapourware... Mexico won't stand a chance in the World Cup...

I'd put money on it, but I don't want to lose another bet :lol:

340355_heroa.jpg

Tomorrow...

So... unfair... that one of these 2 will not see World Cup action, but the Mexican team will...

Disgusting... but anyway...

I'd like to see any other team in the World Cup, as long as it is not the one where the extremely overrated guy in red is from (Yeah, just for him ;))

I'm just really, really hoping for a decent draw.

Looking forward to the games tonight, will watch England-Chile, Wales-Finland and Portugal-Sweden...its going to be a busy night!

Portugal-Sweden will be on Sky tonight...

Looking forward to the games tonight, will watch England-Chile, Wales-Finland and Portugal-Sweden...its going to be a busy night!

Portugal-Sweden will be on Sky tonight...
Enjoy it before BT Sport get that too :P

Ah yes. 15 minutes left and Portugal are starting to show their true face. Frustration starting to build up.

Edit.

1-0. Ronaldo.

Dammit.

Last edited:
Ronaldo scores, I'd say it all depends on weather Zlatan turns up next week or not...

Pretty ironic, huh?

3 of the Golden Ball conterders are on the final qualifying games... and since Ukraine won 2-0, it seems 2 of them won't show up in Brazil next year... :rolleyes:

BTW... Forza Ibra!!!!! :scared:

Oh dear poor France...LOL!!!

didn't see much of the Portugal Sweden game so i cant really comment on it, but I thought England were ok last night despite losing, I think Chile were too good for them on the night, but you I don't get some of the criticism Hodgson has got, they said he said try some new players, so he does and they lose a friendly and he gets slaughtered?!

Congratulations to Cameroon and Nigeria for qualifying for the World Cup after coming through their play-off ties...

Scotland just conceded a dangerous free kick on the edge of their own penatly area due to a hand ball by the defending player. Unfortunately the defender did a rather poor job of concealing the infraction by clutching his hand in agony and then waving it about in a public display of how sore his hand was after the ball had hit it :ouch:

Portugal - Sweden is getting exciting... Portugal were 2-0 up on aggregate with two goals from Ronaldo, but it's now back to 2-2 via two goals from, well, take a guess....!

Yay Croatia got in! :D
Kudos to Greece for getting in as well. As for the other two matches, it's too close to call. Hopefully they can give us an epic finish, and by that I mean going into extra time/penalties...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back