2014 FIFA World Cup Qualification

• Thread starter Famine
  • 568 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's more a case of bad ranking system IMO. Japan are in reality about the 12th or 13th best in the world. Australia and South Korea would probably be in the best 32 as well.
After 6-0 defeats in Friendlies from France and Brazil, I don't think Australia is that good :scared:. Although they have started to get their act together with a new coach

The draw for the 2014 World Cup Finals is on today, starting around 1630 GMT.

You can see live coverage (in the UK anyway) on BBC Two and presumably it will be online on the BBC Sport website, as well as the FIFA website...

The 2010 finalists could be in the same group. That would be interesting. Group of Death? Spain, Netherlands, USA, Ivory Coast?

I got a bum-steer from the BBC website - live coverage of the draw actually begins at 1600 GMT, with the draw itself scheduled for around 1640 GMT... although if it happens before 1700 GMT, I'll eat my hat.

Wow, Sepp blatter sure is a stupid old fart, They were going to do a minutes silence for mandela, and 5 seconds into that he starts talking into the mic. Sure hes old, but does 5 seconds really feel like a minute?! lol

Wow, Sepp blatter sure is a stupid old fart, They were going to do a minutes silence for mandela, and 5 seconds into that he starts talking into the mic. Sure hes old, but does 5 seconds really feel like a minute?! lol
Alan Partridge couldn't have been any more cringeworthy.

England drawn with Uraguay, Italy and Costa Rica. I will be surprised if we get out of the group stages. Playing games in one of the worst parts of the country with 99% humidity and miles from anywhere.

🤬

Full Groups

Group A: Brazil, Mexico, Croatia and Cameroon
Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia and Netherlands.
Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast and Japan.
Group D: Uruguay, England, Costa Rica and Italy.
Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France and Honduras.
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria.
Group G: Germany, Ghana, Portugal and USA.
Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia and Korea Republic.

edit: not all in right order, copy & pasted from bbs sports live stream thingy.

Well that's a wrap for this year's World Cup. Off to Russia next where hopefully England's group won't be so bad. Thank you and good night!

Group A
Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

Group B
Spain
Holland
Chile
Australia

Group C
Colombia
Greece
Ivory Coast
Japan

Group D
Uruguay
Costa Rica
England
Italy

Group E
Switzerland
Ecuador
France
Honduras

Group F
Argentina
BIH
Iran
Nigeria

Group G
Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

Group H
Belgium
Algeria
Russia
Korea

Looks like the third toughest group for England behind Groups B and G. Of all the locations to play their first match, they got the one city they - and the mayor of said city - hoped to avoid. :lol:

Newcomers Bosnia have a decent chance of making the Round of 16 though. And Belgium should make light work of their group, given their current form.

Last edited:
England are so smegged! :(:(:(

They'll be battered by Uruguay and Italy, but should beat Costa Rica. I did predict a Spain/Netherlands group.

Its not just the teams, its the locations too, its going to be hot, humid weather for england, and the first match vs italy will be at 2 AM uk time.

Tough call this one. Here are my quick predictions for the round of 16 onwards:

Ba0fFIHCUAAdDRd.png

France have got an easy group the jammy bastards!

I wouldn't rule out Switzerland giving them a hard time, or even topping the group.

Both of them should breeze through to the next round without much trouble, either way.

Best thing about the draw was the Brazilian model. Certainly a good ball puller.

Forgive me for being a bit late, but us aussies shouldnt even bother packing our bags for brazil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back