2014 Final Round - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

  • Thread starter Thread starter gm matthew
  • 997 comments
  • 95,230 views
Whew...finally got gold last night. Ran a 2:20.606 and followed it up with a 2:20.458 a few laps later. After that, I just took a break. Glad I got the car though. I may try to knock my laptimes down some, but now I feel I can run laps without the "I gotta have the car" pressure!
 
Very VERY frustrating session..just can't string it together. Has a few .8's on the cards but folded lol. Got the first sector down, got a .804 at best.

I'm getting a touch more confident of qualifying but we shall see, the UK is very competitive as usual!!
 
so I have watched some top ten replays...how do you get through eau rouge in 6th gear with no let up on gas and no brake? same with the last high speed corner...someone help?! using a DS3, does that make what i asked impossible?
 
so I have watched some top ten replays...how do you get through eau rouge in 6th gear with no let up on gas and no brake? same with the last high speed corner...someone help?! using a DS3, does that make what i asked impossible?

From what I've heard, it's impossible, unfortunately!
 
Managed a 15.144 earlier. It's only now I realise how much more time there is but my A levels have to take priority right now.
 
finally my first try at this! I'm moving my house now what a bad timing i had to survey the workers as soon as i return from work on my feet all day.
My rig is in an unusual place where people would have to cross from behind my chair in order to access other rooms, everyone is shaking their heads seeing me interested in this, for them its just a nonsense game that a 30 years old cannot grow old from.
with a 40 minutes stint and plenty of pauses ( i posed through the lap more than 10 times and answered one door lol) I managed a 2"18'9xx pretty good for a start and did put me first in my country. I will have to find a way to do more runs without distraction. I really need it this time because i doubt that i'll take that seriously next year. I'm getting rusty and retiring lol.

Good luck to all
 
2:21.295 Are you 🤬 kidding me?!!
 
Hy Guys,

im now trying this Competition.
For a Help i alway get some good ghosts....but this time i load the ghost, but i cant see it.
Also the blue lines from my friends are not visible. (In my minimap i can see the yellow arrow).
Do i took the ghost out?
Or is it in generell in the Final round no ghosts?
Thank you
 
Hy Guys,

im now trying this Competition.
For a Help i alway get some good ghosts....but this time i load the ghost, but i cant see it.
Also the blue lines from my friends are not visible. (In my minimap i can see the yellow arrow).
Do i took the ghost out?
Or is it in generell in the Final round no ghosts?
Thank you

Press "up" on your d-pad (directional buttons) to get the ghosts back.;)
 
I Just ended my first session with this event since I did my reconnaissance laps a few days ago, I'm now down to 2:15.791. and although it's my first real session, and I'm, well... not really sober, I still think that was a good lap.
I don't know how good lap time I can get, but I highly doubt I'll get 1:14. I think low 1:15 is the best I can do, if even that... We'll see...
 
CRIPES! 2:21:098, DS3.

I'm having good fun on this one. Sector 2 has a vendetta against me.
 
Hy Guys,

im now trying this Competition.
For a Help i alway get some good ghosts....but this time i load the ghost, but i cant see it.
Also the blue lines from my friends are not visible. (In my minimap i can see the yellow arrow).
Do i took the ghost out?
Or is it in generell in the Final round no ghosts?
Thank you

You may have accidentally pressed the button to make the ghosts invisible. You can configure the controls yourself in the options section.
 
so I have watched some top ten replays...how do you get through eau rouge in 6th gear with no let up on gas and no brake? same with the last high speed corner...someone help?! using a DS3, does that make what i asked impossible?

If there is a pad user that has done it, I haven't seen anyone claim to have done so. The least I could say is that this is a very bad year to get into GTA finals if you don't have a wheel.

If the objective is just the gold, I managed it despite the drawbacks. The key is that you must stay on the throttle. I would suggest ditching the traction control and just alternate rapidly between full and partial gas. Wonky but much less likely to spin.
 
I really seem to be struggling with this combo. So far today I've only managed a 2:15.520, 0.14 off my current fastest. However, it feels like I always do better after complaining about not doing very well, so maybe I'll set a 2:15.1xx in the next 15 minutes... :p

Also, it turns out maintaining a leaderboard is more work than I anticipated. Oh well.

Well, you can update my time to a 2'15.532 a whopping 0.06 gain!

Done.
 
Last edited:
I really seem to be struggling with this combo. So far today I've only managed a 2:15.520, 0.14 off my current fastest. However, it feels like I always do better after complaining about not doing very well, so maybe I'll set a 2:15.1xx in the next 15 minutes... :p

Also, it turns out maintaining a leaderboard is more work than I anticipated. Oh well.
Well, you can update my time to a 2'15.532 a whopping 0.06 gain!

I can see about another half a second, but getting it together in 1 lap is proving.. interesting! :lol:
 
Out of curiosity, I unplugged the wheel and gave this combination a go with the DS3. Grant you, I was a pretty fast guy with the pad but I stopped using it starting with GT5.

If there's one advantage with the pad, turn in is quite sudden (I wish the car would do that with the wheel at the bus stop). The downside is what many others had said - Eau Rouge and Blanchimont is an absolute nightmare. The nose immediately washes out big time if you try going at or near full throttle. There's probably a way to make it work but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Throttle management is much less precise as well. At some spots, I literally resorted to jabbing the right nub up a few times because I wanted three quarters gas but I could only get half. At least in Spa, my DFPro is a Porsche compared to the Reliant Robin that is the DS3. :lol:

Suffice it to say, I could only run around the 19s.
I have been wanting one of the fastest wheel users to do this and you have confirmed it's validity. Eau rouge and the last left hand corner before the last chicane where wheel users can take flat out, DS3 users can't. It's really not fair to DS3 users. Like I said in the main news article everyone deserves a fair shot at going to the finals and silverstone. They should take the top 16 wheel users and the top 16 DS3 users to the finals. Top 8 wheel and top 8 DS3 users advance to silverstone, simple. Just because your on a DS3 doesn't mean you don't have potential in a real car, and just because your fast on a wheel doesn't mean your going to be fast in a real car. But this just proves that DS3 don't stand a chance and I bet even Ayrton Senna himself wouldn't approve. He would want everybody to have a fair shot.
 
Improved to a .0xx although been on for so many 14's again! Found I had a really bad habit at the bus stop chicane which I've now stopped, and likewise at Turn 1! It's amazing how much time there is in this lap but how hard it is to pull it off to! Great challenge in that respect :)!
 
I have been wanting one of the fastest wheel users to do this and you have confirmed it's validity. Eau rouge and the last left hand corner before the last chicane where wheel users can take flat out, DS3 users can't. It's really not fair to DS3 users. Like I said in the main news article everyone deserves a fair shot at going to the finals and silverstone. They should take the top 16 wheel users and the top 16 DS3 users to the finals. Top 8 wheel and top 8 DS3 users advance to silverstone, simple. Just because your on a DS3 doesn't mean you don't have potential in a real car, and just because your fast on a wheel doesn't mean your going to be fast in a real car. But this just proves that DS3 don't stand a chance and I bet even Ayrton Senna himself wouldn't approve. He would want everybody to have a fair shot.

The fact is, nobody who qualified with a controller has ever made it to silverstone. You will never make it through the national finals if you are not fast enough on a wheel. They don't use controllers in New York City. If you honestly want to go to silverstone, you need a wheel and you need to be rediculously fast with it. The racing in NYC is intense. If you insist on pushing with a ds3, just know that National finals should be your ultimate goal because beyond that is not feasible.
 
Finally got a feel on the brake after following tindgneys ghost. Down to a 2.17.8. Now need your guide and practice to shave off the next 3 seconds!! I no it's early days but out if curiosity how long between the final day if round 4 and national finals?
 
The fact is, nobody who qualified with a controller has ever made it to silverstone. You will never make it through the national finals if you are not fast enough on a wheel. They don't use controllers in New York City. If you honestly want to go to silverstone, you need a wheel and you need to be rediculously fast with it. The racing in NYC is intense. If you insist on pushing with a ds3, just know that National finals should be your ultimate goal because beyond that is not feasible.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

In prior Academies, that would've been true because the game was the sole factor in the equation. However, thanks to the format change last year, there's a chance to make it work but it would mean acing everything else. Long shot, yes, but it's feasible.

As for the fairness about the pad, I'll put this in perspective. For all the speed I have in the game, my lack of real driving experience puts me at such a severe disadvantage that you won't see me in NY. Could I have gained this experience over the last year? Yes but the cost on my end to get enough to be competitive against those with 5-10 years worth was far too much to justify. That's not fair either but I tried playing the cards anyway and it didn't work. Now my focus is helping those that have a better shot than I do make it through. I know how to be fast in Gran Turismo - not everyone that can carve up a real track can.
 
After many many attempts, I've managed a 2:15.549. Still a little time out there but it's so difficult to string a fully precise lap together. Are the 14 club using thrustmasters or am I (which I fear) clutching at straws?!
G27 user here.
 
After many many attempts, I've managed a 2:15.549. Still a little time out there but it's so difficult to string a fully precise lap together. Are the 14 club using thrustmasters or am I (which I fear) clutching at straws?!
G27 user here.

G27 here
 
For all the speed I have in the game, my lack of real driving experience puts me at such a severe disadvantage that you won't see me in NY. Could I have gained this experience over the last year? Yes but the cost on my end to get enough to be competitive against those with 5-10 years worth was far too much to justify.

I'm in a similar position to you, I've not (currently) got the resources to gain enough real life driving experience. Hell, I went karting for only like the second time yesterday, I beat a guy who's a regular at the track and my mates by a second a lap and it was my first time there, so I must have some natural ability.

I'm still unsure what to about this years competition, unless I get a job, it's not happening. I'd guess all the previous winners having a decent amount of track experience, just the way it is but I'm going to do my best either way and give it a shot!
 
Hey guys,

I thought I'd do the honours of creating the thread for the final round, which features the GT-R NISMO GT3 Team RJN '13 at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.

Feel free to post your best times, and I'll try to maintain a ranking list of GTPlanet members. I'm also hoping to create a list of eligible players from the UK and the USA ineligible players to give you a better idea of how much you need to improve to qualify for your respective regional finals.

Gold lap demonstration (Thanks @Shirrako):



How to turn off the blue ghost lines (thanks @Tidgney):



GTPlanet leaderboard
  1. IMMORTALPILOT - 2:14.469 (Current world #1)
  2. Twissy - 2:14.778
  3. joshmuggo - 2:14.847
  4. Spurgy 777 - 2:14.932
  5. perrolocomcquee - 2:14.995
  6. VindictiveScrub - 2:15.007
  7. Doodle - 2:15.048
  8. 01Michael - 2:15.144
  9. GumballCGT - 2:15.169
  10. Holty - 2:15.175
  11. LLOYDZ_ELITE69 - 2:15.194
  12. BanditKarter22 - 2:15.229
  13. Tidgney - 2:15.247
  14. outlaw4rc - 2:15.256
  15. gm matthew - 2:15.380
  16. Joe_Mk1 - 2:15.431
  17. Drew71 - 2:15.446
  18. gtpcaine - 2:15.532
  19. Goruk - 2:15.541
  20. Johnar726 - 2:15.646
  21. et_ - 2:15.791
  22. rclark83 - 2:15.804
  23. Mini Stiggy - 2:15.805
  24. sems4arsenal - 2:15.839
  25. R0T0RAU86 - 2:15.986
  26. GT FAN SAM - 2:16.163
  27. ParkerMO125 - 2:16.2xx
  28. skyline1683 - 2:16.315
  29. Manuelos - 2:16.543
  30. Arveena - 2:16.585
  31. billyjoebobx - 2:16.648
  32. Omer_Trujy - 2:16.696
  33. ITCC_Andrew - 2:16.760
  34. Third Reign - 2:16.766
  35. Glenalz81 - 2:16.772
  36. Louie_Schumii - 2:16.837
  37. DBY___86 - 2:16.892
  38. GTP_CargoRatt - 2:16.892
  39. FordMKIVJ5 - 2:16.955
  40. whitehare - 2:16.955
  41. CRANK_U1 - 2:16.9xx
  42. KinLM - 2:16.9xx
  43. r0msii - 2:17.129
  44. JiWe - 2:17.170
  45. GTP_Sniperwolph - 2:17.238
  46. Johnnypenso - 2:17.293
  47. Twizted Zero - 2:17.442
  48. DeifieD - 2:17.559
  49. GTP_MacGyver - 2:17.8xx
  50. G.T.Ace - 2:17.962
  51. Small_Fryz - 2:18.038
  52. Hardyx - 2:18.067
  53. dj_bruticus - 2:18.189
  54. MatheusBond - 2:18.297
  55. scca_ziptie - 2:18.370
  56. MistaVega23 - 2:18.5xx
  57. lisanorm - 2:18.797
  58. SJHRACING - 2:18.799
  59. Furinkazen - 2:18.935
  60. 20832 - 2:19.013
  61. kaido14 - 2:19.311
  62. MOPARbarrett5 - 2:19.537
  63. Damon Hill - 2:19.5xx
  64. MisterWeary - 2:19.858
  65. bslate3 - 2:19.8xx
  66. alexamenos - 2:20.102
  67. nowcontrol - 2:20.241
  68. lldantell - 2:20.242
  69. LotusTeam - 2:20.268
  70. Reneetje - 2:20.313
  71. SCER - 2:20.3xx
  72. GuerillaBlack - 2:20.414
  73. AAR_CobraJet - 2:20.458
  74. ukfan758 - 2:20.539
  75. cbarbosa - 2:20.553
  76. tam38gti - 2:20.558
  77. 89CAMRS - 2:20.587
  78. Shirrako - 2:20.610
  79. Jbaffoh - 2:20.701
  80. unit-one - 2:20.802
  81. HokieRacer3861 - 2:20.859
  82. heatman749 - 2:20.894
  83. Spiderman_Geek - 2:20.904
  84. ZDUPH - 2:20.907
  85. TJ13 - 2:20.953
  86. RACECAR - 2:20.967
  87. theteacher1907 - 2:20.982
  88. rgkma - 2:20.9xx
  89. spiraldave - 2:xx.xxx (Gold)
  90. turismoslayer - 2:21.098
  91. apexpredator100 - 2:21.225
  92. GTPVenomZombie - 2:21.295
  93. AAR_CobraJet - 2:21.4xx
  94. tbone_2004 - 2:22.601
  95. alvaritoteam - 2:22.957
  96. trevor24 - 2:25.497
  97. LewyMan - 2:26.214
  98. MUSC4EVER - 2:26.267
Up to date as of post #467


Hi after the effort I put in... you dont even list me..
 
[
Fair play to you sir, as I said I feared I was clutching at straws. I will try again tomorrow knowing a g27 is capable of much more. I fully suspect I'll be pulling my hair out again! How much faster do you reckon you can go?
 
Two things here, 1st: After teking @R0T0RAU86 advice on the bus stop, I just gained .484 coming out of there alone!!! I was pretty much even with my ghost up until that point and doing what you suggested, I gained that amount of time in the bus stop alone. So thank you very much @R0T0RAU86 , your advice on that section has saved my ass. Thank you so much.

Now, to the second issue. @Jbaffoh After logging out and shutting things down as I thought I was done for the night, I decided to give it one more go after getting the advice above. Now, this may seem odd or maybe merely a coincidence, but the only thing I did differently this time was clear my cache, which took a long time I might add, about 4 minutes. Guess what was next...my car all of a sudden seemed back to normal, or even a little faster!!! All of a sudden, I was gaining large amounts of time in every sector, like between .200 - .400. I was finding time everywhere, just haven't been able to string it together yet in the few runs I've had so far. Its not my imagination either, like I said, the car seemed like it was lacking speed and I couldn't even keep up with my ghost. Now, its the complete opposite, gaining time everywhere. Now, I don't know, and its probably unlikely, if clearing my cache had anything to do with this, but it does seem coincidental. Kinda baffling to say the least. An hour ago the car seemed like a slug, now its like a rocket...compared to what it was anyway. I don't know what to think but there is something definitely different from an hour ago. :odd:


Where is your piece of advice @
Two things here, 1st: After taking @R0T0RAU86 advice on the bus stop, I just gained .484 coming out of there alone!!! I was pretty much even with my ghost up until that point and doing what you suggested, I gained that amount of time in the bus stop alone. So thank you very much @R0T0RAU86 , your advice on that section has saved my ass. Thank you so much.

Now, to the second issue. @Jbaffoh After logging out and shutting things down as I thought I was done for the night, I decided to give it one more go after getting the advice above. Now, this may seem odd or maybe merely a coincidence, but the only thing I did differently this time was clear my cache, which took a long time I might add, about 4 minutes. Guess what was next...my car all of a sudden seemed back to normal, or even a little faster!!! All of a sudden, I was gaining large amounts of time in every sector, like between .200 - .400. I was finding time everywhere, just haven't been able to string it together yet in the few runs I've had so far. Its not my imagination either, like I said, the car seemed like it was lacking speed and I couldn't even keep up with my ghost. Now, its the complete opposite, gaining time everywhere. Now, I don't know, and its probably unlikely, if clearing my cache had anything to do with this, but it does seem coincidental. Kinda baffling to say the least. An hour ago the car seemed like a slug, now its like a rocket...compared to what it was anyway. I don't know what to think but there is something definitely different from an hour ago. :odd:

hi, what was @ROTORAU86 advice for the bus stop.. its killing my lap, any help appreciated..
 
i get most of my corners fast i keep up with people times who got 2:14.9 but i always hit the cones on the last corner silly me i think i can get a 2:15.3 for my best lap i dnt think ill do any better after that
 
its nothing special mate! I cant even pull it properly myself.. :\ well maybe 3 times out of 10..

best would to get @Tidgney to explain, he is a gun at explaining in more depth... This might not be the fastest way However for myself this is best way i have found so far... Getting the perfect braking point with down shifting to slow the car more... I find just before the white line in the tree shadow... Brake hard and Down changing and just before the corner into 1st, think of the Apricot hill hairpin.. From 2nd trail brake a touch and into 1st it will rotate the car into the right hander... Try and stay off the kerb as it unsettles the car for the left hander onto the straight... From here think of the last chicane at apricot hill, This part is the most important because the exit speed has the MOST time in it.. After the right hander put into 2nd and try keep as far right as you can into the left try and keep the car as straight as possible... Again stay off kerb as it will unsettle the car and you will get wheel spin and oversteer... If you get it right you will be closer to the exit kerb, stay off this too, it will give you wheel spin and will lose time....

Good luck..
 
Last edited:
Back