2014 Final Round - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

  • Thread starter Thread starter gm matthew
  • 997 comments
  • 95,230 views
You forgot me too. Why don't you have everyone on GTP on that leaderboard yet?


:sly::p
Did you see how slow my lap is? Yeah, I'm slow at everything. :p
 
@KTR5 No I apologize, I didn't word it correctly. My fault :)
 
AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!
I finally got gold!! 2:20.737
After at least 100 laps (only a few clean laps) and many cones hit, I finally made it.
Took the money, took the car and immediately buried it in the stockyard where it will remain and never go out unless absolutely necessary, like the other GTRs...

Have you ever tried to teach a pig how to play guitar? Of course not, because you know this is totally useless and hopeless. Well, GTRs have been my pigs from the firs Gran Turismo on PS1, and this one was no exception.

Anyway, I finally did it and I will not try again.

Thanks everyone for your invaluable tips (once again). And for those aliens who are about 6 seconds ahead of me (:eek::bowdown:), I wish you all the best.
And for those who struggle with that pig I mean "car", I say don't give up. If I could make it, anybody can.
:gtpflag:
 
Struggling to break into the 14s. Just dropped my time by like .01 lol. Effed up the bus stop again by braking too early.
 
What sensitivity are people using on g25/g27?


anybody..?
 
Last edited:
You're probably right but when I do take a break for a day or so, it just seems like I totally get out of the groove making things worse. It then takes longer to get back to where I was when I stopped, that's why I make sure I do a session every day.

Obviously I can't speak for you personally, but just sitting back and relaxing helps me. Stopping, looking and thinking can be better than doing. Fatigue and repetition can't be conducive of improvements IMO. Although, it looks like I'm facing an uphill battle after my upcoming weekend of cricket:nervous:

Good luck to you Cargo, and everyone else.
 
Struggling to break into the 14s. Just dropped my time by like .01 lol. Effed up the bus stop again by braking too early.
I feel your pain. I've thrown away a pile of 15s at that 🤬 Bus Stop. I've improved a few tenths to a 2'16.423, only half a second to go. :cool:

It's really cool to see you so high up the leaderboard, clearly you've still got game skills. Looks like all that real racing helps out the virtual world too. :dopey:
Good Luck Nick, it would be awesome to have you at the top of the US ranks. :gtpflag:
 
Obviously I can't speak for you personally, but just sitting back and relaxing helps me. Stopping, looking and thinking can be better than doing. Fatigue and repetition can't be conducive of improvements IMO. Although, it looks like I'm facing an uphill battle after my upcoming weekend of cricket:nervous:

Good luck to you Cargo, and everyone else.

Well, I'll certainly take and try your advice since you are more successful than I, I just hope it works as good for me as it has for you. Thanks for taking the time to offer your thoughts and insights, much appreciated.

EDIT: Well, after 600 miles today, 1900 total, and no improvement, I'm done for a few days. My hands are bloody raw and my steering wheel is now mostly Red instead of Black. :lol: Taking Holty's advice and giving it a days rest, besides, my hands can't take anymore punishment. Good luck all.
 
Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAArrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!
I finally got gold!! 2:20.737
After at least 100 laps (only a few clean laps) and many cones hit, I finally made it.
Took the money, took the car and immediately buried it in the stockyard where it will remain and never go out unless absolutely necessary, like the other GTRs...

Have you ever tried to teach a pig how to play guitar? Of course not, because you know this is totally useless and hopeless. Well, GTRs have been my pigs from the firs Gran Turismo on PS1, and this one was no exception.

Anyway, I finally did it and I will not try again.

Thanks everyone for your invaluable tips (once again). And for those aliens who are about 6 seconds ahead of me (:eek::bowdown:), I wish you all the best.
And for those who struggle with that pig I mean "car", I say don't give up. If I could make it, anybody can.
:gtpflag:

Excellent! Congrats!
 
No new time here, been following GTP_ImportLife 's ghost. Had to dismantle my G25. Paddle upshifter not springing back, missed afew up upshifts on some good laps:cheers:
 
Short stints, to help maintain composure has helped much here. Gained .7 again tonight to 2:20.032. No threat, but at least learning and progressing piece by piece. Edging up in the 1st sector w/ a best around 37.3xx so pretty happy reaching that point anyway...need consistency though.

Edit/Update: 2:19.574
 
Last edited:
7am here, I woke up earlier today to give it another shot before going to work. Managed a 2.17.763, not too bad but I see a mid 2.16 if I have the time to put some more laps.
 
My time so far is 2:20.754 (Steering with Directional Buttons)

:)👍
 
Well, after a 190 lap stint today, (1300 miles total) it was a complete disaster. :banghead:

feel you.jpg


Just had to post this since I really do!!! Don't lose the faith man!!

Sometimes it's just a great revelation and testimony of your skill when your not able to keep up even wiht your own self :D

For all you having a hard time whit that chicane I would suggest to watch how TRL_IMMORTAL (great name BTW) does it, using the 1st gear through the chicane. I mean it gives you great turn in to the second corner just by lifting the throttle, just floor it after the first bend, lift of and turn in and you should be on a perfect line coming out!!

(OK mod's I try keep it cool :D)
 
Last edited:
Finally put down a lap without any huge mistakes, and got 2:15.843, good for 34th in the US. :cheers:
 
Anyone else tried ABS off? Just beat my ABS1 ghost by a tenth 2'17.309

Yep. Just broke into the 16s with a 16.993. This car is so difficult to be consistent with on ABS 0 but maybe I just need more practise? On the contrary I managed a 16.8xx earlier this week with ABS 1 in under half an hour :/
 
What sensitivity are peeps using, help appreciated..
 
The sensitivity on the driving options has no effect on the wheel.


Oh really it seems when I change mine it turns in with more response 1 is sluggish and 7 is scatty, does anyone else find this or am I imaging it..
 
Placebo, probably.
Ok thanks, I have been told this before but I cant complete a lap on 5,6 or 7 put it on 3 and im ok, I must be a head case lol
 
14.9 finally lol... I've been on for so many 14's but finally got one. I still easily have another 4 tenths in me and actually finally got a .6xx sector 1 to which blew my mind (Not the same lap though :() :)! Always said I improve on weekends, just because of no work!

With regards to the guide, some of you very well know my internet is very slow and today is proving particularly slow, it's on its way but it will be late tonight depending on how fast youtube processes the video! I'll stay up until it's sorted though and will post as soon as it's available :)! Hopefully it will be helpful for you to understand the lap a bit more!
 
Back