2014 Final Round - Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 @ Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter gm matthew
  • 997 comments
First try at the combo today, I didn't do any practice beforehand. It'll be a struggle for me on this one, I think being patient with the throttle on exit will help find the limit. Great time @billyjoebobx!

Jerome

Currently holding 6th in Canada.
@Johnnypenso, you know you want to best me.
Does anyone know which of the top 10 Canadians are eligible?

-MrMelancholy15 / ITCC_Andrew
-LLOYDZ_ELITE69

...Add to this list please.
Edit: my time is a 2:16.760
I have to admit that was a very good lap. I am not a TT guy so I may not come back to this after I put an hour in tonight but I'm at 2:17.29x...can't remember the placing...maybe 16th?
Don't quote me but I think Lapierre, Mikegt3, hotboi and maybe thankseh are out, of those I remember in the top 10. IIRC you are sitting 4th of the eligibles..but like I said, don't quote me:lol:

Happy to have given this a good 30 min tonight, was able to get a 1:15.710. I feel like i can get another second off that with time, but as for now sitting P1 in Canada and P5 for USA :D

Also i am of age and will be going for the top 4
Great lap. Keep at it and you better start looking for flights:cheers:

Last edited:
Happy to have given this a good 30 min tonight, was able to get a 1:15.710. I feel like i can get another second off that with time, but as for now sitting P1 in Canada and P5 for USA :D

Also i am of age and will be going for the top 4
1:15?!?!?! JESUS CHRIST :eek:

:sly:

Seriously though, nice time. I think I can run a 2:17.xxx if everything goes well, which it hasn't been.

I have to admit that was a very good lap. I am not a TT guy so I may not come back to this after I put an hour in tonight but I'm at 2:17.29x...can't remember the placing...maybe 16th?
Don't quote me but I think Lapierre, Mikegt3, hotboi and maybe thankseh are out, of those I remember in the top 10. IIRC you are sitting 4th of the eligibles..but like I said, don't quote me:lol:

Great lap. Keep at it and you better start looking for flights:cheers:

Thanks_Eh is eligible.

Thanks_Eh is eligible.
I said don't quote me...
smiley-devil16.gif
:lol: I think Mike and Lapierre are from Quebec and hotboi has another issue he mentioned earlier that might prevent him from going.

First try at the combo today, I didn't do any practice beforehand. It'll be a struggle for me on this one, I think being patient with the throttle on exit will help find the limit. Great time @billyjoebobx!

Jerome
Thanks Dude, I look forward to chasing your times soon. :)

Two sessions in and I'm down to a 2'17.052 for 53rd in the US.

Last night when I first set a time, I was in 6th so I took a picture for inspiration. :dopey:

Great time @Doodle, you've learned well young Jedi. :cool:
I'm really loving this combo, it's quite addictive. It's gonna be a fun two weeks Y'all. :gtpflag:

Pretty :censored:ing embarrassing but after 240 miles today, and a total of 470 miles all together, I've got nothing....nothing at all except returning blisters and now back spasms. :banghead: Oh sure, I've made substantial gains in certain sectors, but just can't seem to string it all together. :banghead: So yea, go ahead and ridicule me for all these crazy miles with no improvement, I deserve it. :crazy: At any rate, my hands can't take much more punishment tonight so I'm throwing in the towel for tonight. Tomorrows a new day with a fresh start, hopefully my back and hands can hold out till the end. This is me done for tonight, back at it again tomorrow. (today :lol: 3am here)

I feel your pain Cargo, I just spent my first two hours on this combo and have exactly nothing to show for it! I had a T1 of 37.4xx and can fairly consistently get 37.8xx but every single lap resulted in a DQ...Every. Single. One! Some were heartbreakingly on the last couple of corners, one in particular I was practically around corner 18 and *just* touched the very end of the ripple and fishtailed out of control. Like you say though, I can see I have a decent lap in me (for me decent is a 2:19.xxx) but as yet it isn't in concrete...sigh!!!

Pretty :censored:ing embarrassing but after 240 miles today, and a total of 470 miles all together, I've got nothing....nothing at all except returning blisters and now back spasms. :banghead: Oh sure, I've made substantial gains in certain sectors, but just can't seem to string it all together. :banghead: So yea, go ahead and ridicule me for all these crazy miles with no improvement, I deserve it. :crazy: At any rate, my hands can't take much more punishment tonight so I'm throwing in the towel for tonight. Tomorrows a new day with a fresh start, hopefully my back and hands can hold out till the end. This is me done for tonight, back at it again tomorrow. (today :lol: 3am here)

Don't be too hard to yourself Mitch. I also drove the crap out of me yesterday and finished with 2.17.8xx. If i put it together could run 2.16.xxx - i guess you know what i mean. Get some rest, analyze your runs and start tmrw with a fresh mind. I am sure improvement will come. Strength lies in peace my friend :)

Can anybody confirm (with facts, not speculation or their own theories) if the car will be made available to buy with in-game credits in the Nissan dealership after the competition closes? I tried for 3 hours yesterday and barely scraped silver. Having a busy working life I don't have endless time to waste on such trivia. However, having invested equal money in the game to everybody else I feel that I should be given a chance to own this car and if I can't earn it through a lack of talent then buying it should be an option just like you can with the Senna collection.

Don't push yourself into frustration, don't go for huge gains at a time, and keep your runs short. The second I make an improvement I take a break. Usually my stints are no longer than 30-45 minutes, and I'll cut it short if I'm having an especially bad or frustrating one. It gives you time to clear your mind, let your body relax, and maybe calmly analyze what your line, brake input and throttle input are like compared to the guys at the top. I also tend to reset fairly often, as personally I don't really improve when I just throw in lap after lap without giving myself a chance to relax.

Umm it wasn't on my mind to put the 4rth round since there's already country filtering on the official leaderboard, but yeah, just added it. I still have to tweak it a bit though.

Cheers :cheers:. Awesome work as usual with the leaderboard; nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell!

Guy in 3rd in North America has a 2:15.487 with no ABS.

Yeah I noticed that! Might actually give this round a play with no ABS once I've started to upload my X2014 Vettel Challenge Monza run and better quality versions of my beating an alien race around Spa xD.

Track limits are so frustrating hate those cones keep at it cargo

Yeahy Car/Track combo was expected. Pretty nice to drive it but cones make u sometimes really MAAAAD :D.
I struggle at mid speed corners cant get the trust in the car at the moment.

r0msii / r0msiii Time: 2:17,129

Goodluck to all trying to get to the regional finals! Or just trying to top the leaderboards :P.

I have just been checking boards and using the pad, its a shame that the last round is harsh on the DS3 users crazy toe settings on the car :lol: I always enjoyed DS3 battle and seeing how close they can get to wheel users.

Deadset this is more frustrating than Bathurst round.... The amount of times I have red lapped or DQ 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 ..... I take a break, come back fresh and again... do about 1 lap and it's a 🤬 lap then push more and more and more red laps... 🤬 🤬 🤬 ..... :mad:

I love the car and track, I just can't better my time I did yesterday... or come within 3 tenths of it... :grumpy:

Goodluck to all trying to get to the regional finals! Or just trying to top the leaderboards :P.
Thanks. Up until yesterday, I really didn't think I even had a chance... But I guess I do... I'm quite surprised. Tomorrow, I have no work, and I'm going to spend a few hours on a 2:15 lap. Hopefully should be pretty close to the top 4... Although I'm already technically near the top 4... ;)

Spent an hour today got a 16.498, gutted I couldn't break the 15s, I know I have 2 tenth in the first sector not sure where else I could make time :grumpy:

Back