2014 Formula 1 Gran Premio de España Pirelli

• Thread starter NotThePrez
  • 349 comments
United States
St.Pete, FL
NotThePrez
NotThePrez
With China now in the record books, the next stop for the F1 circus in 2014 is Barcelona, which also starts the European leg of the championship. The Mercedes team have been putting in a stellar performance so far, winning the first 4 races and having drivers Nico Rosberg & Lewis Hamilton sitting 1-2 in the WDC. Ricciardo has been showing his stuff as well, outrunning his teammate and getting close to a podium in China. Will Lewis take the Championship lead from Nico? Probably.* Will Daniel Ricciardo of RBR finally get a podium this race? Hopefully.* Onwards with the...

2014 Spanish Grand Prix

Montmelo.png

Event Date: 9-11 May 2014

Circuit length: 4.655 km (2.892 mi)
Laps: 66
Lap Record: 1:21.670, Kimi Räikkönen, 2008

2013 Results

1) F. Alonso (Ferrari)
2) K. Raikkonen (Lotus-Renault)
3) F. Massa (Ferrari)

*With that, my predictions are 1) Hamilton, 2) Rosberg, 3) Ricciardo

Looking forward to the updates every team will bring, there are some rumors around that McLaren will test the twin-tusk nose.

No FP2 for Vettel - problem with the wiring loom.

And Verge just lost a rear wheel between turns 1 and 2. 10 Grid spot penalty for the next three races and his first-born child.

No FP2 for Vettel - problem with the wiring loom.

And Verge just lost a rear wheel between turns 1 and 2. 10 Grid spot penalty for the next three races and his first-born child.

Yeah it's a carry over from FP1 for Vettel, I wouldn't be extremely worried since he'll probably still be quick once he gets out there for FP3. Just not as quick as the top three I'd say.

So as feared it seems everyone's upgrades have pretty much cancelled each other out and it's near enough the same as before. Mercedes still having that second gap. Not promising for those who want to see some variety at the front.

Mercedes will probably win.

I'm honestly amazed that other teams hasn't been able to catch up with them, is like Mercs are becoming the New Red Bull.

Shame really, no amount of regulations allow all teams run at the same pace.

So as feared it seems everyone's upgrades have pretty much cancelled each other out and it's near enough the same as before. Mercedes still having that second gap. Not promising for those who want to see some variety at the front.

Let's first wait what the gap between Nico and Lewis is in Qually. Then can we get a better idea of the real gap.

Merc looks good on track I predict Alonso and Ricciardo on the podium.

Vettels fabolous seatcover..

BnLoWjiIIAAFbKj.jpg

I'm honestly amazed that other teams hasn't been able to catch up with them, is like Mercs are becoming the New Red Bull.

Mercedes main advantage over RBR and Ferrari is the engine design, which can't be changed. I would have been surprised if anyone caught up. The Mercedes customer teams might get closer as they refine the design of the car around the drivetrain though.

Hamilton
|
Rosberg
|
|
|
|
|
|
Everyone else with Ricciardo leading the group.

I don't think something will change between now and qualifying, I expect Vettel to struggle to catch Ricciardo's pace.

Let's first wait what the gap between Nico and Lewis is in Qually. Then can we get a better idea of the real gap.

Merc looks good on track I predict Alonso and Ricciardo on the podium.

Vettels fabolous seatcover..

BnLoWjiIIAAFbKj.jpg

The gap between the two Mercedes is irrelevent except for whether we'll get another inter-team battle. The gap to the rest is what matters for a battle between teams and in FP2 the best Mercedes had a second over the next best. It isn't looking promising.

Why should there be? It's formula racing not a spec series

Also I feel sorry for that RBR with Vettel putting in that goofy seat cover.

Was looking at the points between Hamilton and Rosberg. If Lewis wins on Sunday and Nico is second it will be:

Lewis 100 - 4 wins, 1 DNF
Rosberg 97 - 1 win, 4 second places

Under the previous points it would be:

Lewis 40 - 4 wins, 1 DNF
Rosberg 42 - 1 win, 4 second places

Under the 1991-2002 points

Lewis 40 - 4 wins, 1 DNF
Rosberg 34 - 1 win, 4 second places

1960-1990s

Lewis 36 - 4 wins, 1 DNF
Rosberg 33 - 1 win, 4 second places

I think the 1991-2002 points reflects 4 wins the best over 1 win and beats the current system relative to the points which was suppose to be about giving the winner more.

Current points is better than the 2003-2009 points system which was awful in my view but not by much.

edit:
For the current points to reflect 1991-2002 it would need to be 25 and 15
Lewis 100
Nico 85

25 for 1st and 16 for 2nd seems a good compromise

Last edited:
Why is Williams not running the new aerodynamic parts on the car? Martini hosted a show/party were the fw36 was in the centre and if you do a quick search on Instagram for the hashtag Williamsmartini you will find pictures of the car with remodeled side pods and a new "fatter" nose. This was not the aerodynamic setup that they were running (confirmed by the pictures on Formula 1 website) Could someone with experience explain this please?

Hamilton
|
Rosberg
|
|
|
|
|
|
Everyone else with Ricciardo leading the group.

I don't think something will change between now and qualifying, I expect Vettel to struggle to catch Ricciardo's pace.

this !!

unfortunately we will see a team by team race,unless as a few races ago a safetycar will thow something in tha mix...!!

the race for 3rd place will be the one to look out for!

cant believe it....but its like it is ...one team is dominating,the others are not able to close the gap...hmmmmmm its formula1 all over again isnt it?!

Bah!

Spy.

Back