Driver 1: Ph1sher

Driver 2: TBD

Driver 3: TBD

Car: TBD

Number: 1

We will announce our other 2 drivers soon 👍
(Network)

Last edited:
Team PRO TOUR is currently putting our team together, and deciding on car choice....i will update when decisions are made....

GORE Pole.png

From the barren lands of the Gothic Racing Empire comes an announcement of our plans to participate in the Le Mans 24 hour race. We will be fielding the same team of drivers who once fought off the mighty Nürburgring and they are once again thirsty for the blood of innocent competitors.

Team Name - Gothic Racing Empire (GORE)
Team Type - Local
Class: GT
Minister of public affairs: xNikodemusx
Minister of terrible jokes - the_proffs
Minion of chaos - attrapp
Car - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11
Colour - Swedish Racing Green

Syracuse.png

Syracuse.jpg

04/06 Event Updates

Welcome everyone.

Entries are coming along nicely, with a nice mix between the classes and variety within them, it should be a good looking grid.
At the moment we are looking at just 2 or 3 spots opening up on Sunday night for teams that have not signed up yet. Reserve entries will be promoted on a first come first served basis, so if you are thinking about an entry I would recommend submitting it ASAP.

I will confirm on Sunday, but It is most likely that the limit on Network Team Drivers will be raised to 4, to accommodate demand. I know we have some people would would rather join a team than set one up themselves, so that should help.

I have had a question regarding Qualifying, which is something I have been thinking about myself.

The Starting Procedure will consist of Drivers starting from the Pit Lane.
At Bathurst with only 5 teams, we didn’t bother with any ordering and just jumped in.
Now, with 15 teams, random ordering will have a greater effect on the opening few laps of the race.
Before discussing a Qualifying Procedure, we need to confirm how Pit Boxes are allocated, in in order of joining the lobby room, or joining the track?

Finally for now, please could all participants (that have not already done so) check their PS3/PSNapp for friend requests, the sooner we get those sorted the less likely we will get tripped up by bugs.

Oh, and my new favourite colour is Swedish Racing Green.

FAQ Updates

Can Drivers in a Team have different coloured and number Cars?
No. All Drivers in a Team must use the same coloured Car and display the same Racing Number.
This is order to ensure quick identification of Cars during the Event, and to maintain the logic that all Drivers are using the same car.

Which Cars fall into which Classes?
As a rule of thumb;

<1050kg = LM P1
1050kg-1150kg = LM GT+
1200kg-1350kg = LM GT

However some GT4/touring cars may weigh less than 1200kg and yet qualify for LM GT, due to a lower than permitted max BHP.

Last edited:
so just to clarify, what is the minimum wieght of the 3 car classes?
I think this:

Which Cars fall into which Classes?
As a rule of thumb;

<1050kg = LM P1
1050kg-1150kg = LM GT+
1200kg-1350kg = LM GT

However some GT4/touring cars may weigh less than 1200kg and yet qualify for LM GT, due to a lower than permitted max BHP.

Implies the limit isn't set to a certain number. The lap times will probably decide where a car belongs.

Weather Testing Lobby now open for the next 24 hours.

I am going to be checking it every hour and updating here. I am planning on getting a full nights sleep though :lol:, so if some of our American colleagues could keep an eye on it, that would be great.

16:20 - 00% 24°C & DAY
17:20 - 00% 24°C & DAY
18:20 - 00% 24°C & EVENING
19:20 - 00% 24°C & EVENING
20:20 - 00% 24°C & DUSK
21:20 - 00% 23°C & SUNSET
22:20 - 00% 23°C & FULL DARK
23:20 - 00% 23°C & FULL DARK
00:20 - 00% 22°C & FULL DARK
01:20 - 00% 22°C & FULL DARK
02:20 - 00% 22°C & FULL DARK
Lobby crash
New room ID 1472-6399-9009-5380-5919

Last edited:
As potentially some of the fastest USA guys on GTP will be in NYC for the GT Academy final, I would like to second the opinion of moving the date (just back a week, perhaps?) to at least give aliens like @Adventuruss the option of considering whether or not to race instead of instantly having to rule it out.

Regardless of whether or not I'm able to race, I'd love to see what a Finalist level team is capable of accomplishing over 24 hours, you know?

Team PRO TOUR is currently putting our team together, and deciding on car choice....i will update when decisions are made....
team PRO TOUR
Driver 1 - mlbuy4life (PSN)
Driver 2 - GrimGrnninGhost (PSN)
Driver 3 - TBD
car - Corvette Z06 (c6) lm race car
car color factory yellow
car #99
drivers - network

Last edited:
View attachment 166045

From the barren lands of the Gothic Racing Empire comes an announcement of our plans to participate in the Le Mans 24 hour race. We will be fielding the same team of drivers who once fought off the mighty Nürburgring and they are once again thirsty for the blood of innocent competitors.

Team Name - Gothic Racing Empire (GORE)
Team Type - Local
Class: GT
Minister of public affairs: xNikodemusx
Minister of terrible jokes - the_proffs
Minion of chaos - attrapp
Car - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11
Colour - Swedish Racing Green
View attachment 166044
View attachment 166050
I see you brought that machine back out for some more fun. :)

Before discussing a Qualifying Procedure, we need to confirm how Pit Boxes are allocated, in in order of joining the lobby room, or joining the track?

Unless there's something different about "Free Run" it's by order of entering the lobby. Host has pit box 1 (closest to turn 1), moving back from there for each following connection.

This does make me wonder about driver changes for network teams, though. Ideally, the first driver snaps the picture, exits the track, and then exits the room. New driver enters the room, enters the track (getting the exact same pit box as the person who had just left), and off they go. However, in the event of a disconnect, or something unexpected occurring where multiple drivers are coming in and out of the room, the new driver could theoretically end up moving pit boxes up or down... resulting in several seconds less or more added onto their time heading down the pit lane.

For example, one team has a disconnect (Team RED) while another team happens to be changing drivers (Team BLUE). Team RED is all the way back in pit box #16 (closest to pit entrance), and team BLUE is in pit box #2 (second from pit exit). Purely by chance, team RED re-enters the track just after the team BLUE driver has exited but before the new team BLUE driver has had a chance to enter. Suddenly, team RED is now in pit box #2... which doesn't mean a whole lot for them since they had disconnected... but this means quite a lot to team BLUE who are now all the way back in pit box #16. This results in team BLUE losing several seconds having to drive down the pit lane again, even though their first driver had already done the pit lane drive before exiting.

I would like to think that everyone going into the race would understand that this is possible, and that it is just a game... however, given that it's an inter-league competition, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if something like this really upset someone's day.

@Severn - That seems to be right. In the lobby we have now I've got the traditional Audi #1 pit box, the 'Granny Annex' is not used. I don't think we can worry about moving pit boxes during the race, when there are so many other things than can lose us way more time. Anyway network team doing driver changes get a free tank of fuel so its swings and roundabouts.

From what you are saying it sounds like ordering the cars for the start of the race is possible.
Therefore the question is; do people want a qualifying procedure organised?
If so like this post!

@Severn - That seems to be right. In the lobby we have now I've got the traditional Audi #1 pit box, the 'Granny Annex' is not used. I don't think we can worry about moving pit boxes during the race, when there are so many other things than can lose us way more time. Anyway network team doing driver changes get a free tank of fuel so its swings and roundabouts.

From what you are saying it sounds like ordering the cars for the start of the race is possible.
Therefore the question is; do people want a qualifying procedure organised?
If so like this post!

I totally agree, although I'm not sure leaving to lobby, exiting lobby, joining lobby, loading and waiting for the "enter track" icon to finally turn green, hitting that and waiting another few seconds to actually get on track is necessarily "free" :lol:

But, like I said, if all that's going to bother someone, they're taking it too seriously.

I have a couple of questions:

1 - Penalties - In the practice session today, I know of atleast one person cutting the final chicane and gained several seconds on me. Is there a reason for not using the penalty system. its a big enough track that we should be able to use it effectively.

2 - the slip stream or draft seems really unrealistic (ie way to strong), is Free Run the only option we have for the race?

3 - Can we make sure people know what to do when being over taken. Several times I was coming up on a driver and was about to change lanes to pass and the driver in front changed lanes right before I did. People need to hold their lines and not dart out of the way or its going to be ugly.

@GGGMotorsport

1 - The penalty system will be in place for the race, ATM the plan is for weak, but seeing as this year the ford chicane has been turned into the ford catapult maybe strong.

2 - I was just testing this with @zii1993 I was gaining about 4% VMax in the draft. My thoughts are that seeing the GT+ & GT have the same BHP it is going to allow the P1s to get past a little easier and get them out of the GT battles ASAP. I'm keen to hear what others think.

3 - Yes. We will have a Drivers' Briefing once the entry list is set. The general rule is; you are responsible for the car in front of you when you are on the track, and the car behind when rejoining. When a high class car is coming up behind you, keep your line and let them pass around you, be predictable! Doing anything else is going to slow you both down.

UPDATE FROM LA SARTHE AFTER 8 HOURS

The onset of rain is being prevented by France spending its entire GDP, on fireworks, to keep the sky 'hot'.

In other news; Track Temp down another °C.

@gtpcaine - you have a PM.

Event Updates

- I am going to miss the next 8 or so hourly updates on the weather testing lobby. If you are online, please check in on it.

- We had some great fun earlier using the exaggerated slipstreaming, its a bit DRSy, but still tactical, as if you pass too soon on the Mulsanne you will get passed again before the corner.

- VMax was getting a bit silly though, so if we do keep it BHP may get a small reduction (c10%) to help with stability etc.

- ENTRY LIST UPDATED

Anyone want to join me, nice clear night without any rain. :)

Room ID 1472-6399-9009-5380-5919

Event Updates

- ENTRY LIST UPDATED

You might want to adjust our entry (Pro Tour) to indicate Z06 as both vetts are C6's. The other vette is the ZR1

As for the unrealistic draft, is there a reason why we are doing this in Free Play mode? Couldn't we do this in Practice/Endurance mode and just leave it practice mode? This way you could have the full effects of the settings. The draft is crazy as it is adding 15-20 MPH on the straights (especially when being passed by an LMP, the GT+ cars are getting a huge pull from the LMP and can cause some series carnage). Just a thought

Last edited:
Team Name -RESTOLHO TEAM (REST)
Team Manager -LordZ1978
Team Type - (local)
Driver 1 - LordZ1978
Driver 2 - Romisagon
Driver 3 - GreenHouseFX
First Choice Car - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) ‘08
Version/Colour/Number - factory stock
Second Choice Car -
Version/Colour/Number -

Curious, in GT+ and GT classes are cars allowed to be stock under the required weight, but have ballast added to them to meet requirements? (For example a car is stock 1000kg and someone wants to run it as GT+, can they add the 50kg?) I ask because the "extreme track cars" is kind of vague.

Thanks,

Back