2014 GTP 24 HEURES DU MANS [13:00 UTC 12 JULY]

• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments
- The testing lobby has penalties off atm.

- Mechanical damage will be on heavy, which mean damage will only fix itself once you pit.

- We have got changeable weather working in practice lobby, we were having problems getting the track saturation to get past 0% even though it was raining.

- Most likely we will be moving to a Practice-Endurance setup.

- Oh and Dibs on changing my entry to a 2014 Le Mans prototype that may nor may not be added to the game before the start of the event. [/nudgenudgewinkwink]
You can't just dibs on the Nissan I saw the post first.

It might be RJN that you can win in GT Academy but you might be right because I think it's the new car they will be running in Le Mans

If we could move the race back one week to July 19th I think it would very helpful. Beginning of July is a very popular time to go vacationing in the US (don't know about overseas) as it is shortly after the end of the school year and is around Independence Day. Surely if the race is more than a month away it can't be too hard to move it back.(wink wink)
I don't want to cause any problems for anyone else though.

If we could move the race back one week to July 19th I think it would very helpful. Beginning of July is a very popular time to go vacationing in the US (don't know about overseas) as it is shortly after the end of the school year and is around Independence Day. Surely if the race is more than a month away it can't be too hard to move it back.(wink wink)
I don't want to cause any problems for anyone else though.

I committed to the race because of the original dates. Moving it may cause issues for some of us though.

It's no
I know this is going to be hard since we won't have much time racing together but since most of us are specifically invited to this event for our previous experience I think we should be able to trust our fellow racers not to cut intentionally and to do their best to avoid crashes? And if some team is seen cutting our causing mayhem we got 24 hours to report and kick them out. :P

Heavy damage is a must for 24 hour racing, that is what mixes things up a little and makes it fun.
If a team ends up being kicked, there'll be a spot for a reserve team in the room as well.

@Ph1sher - I wondered if someone was going to ask for #1. My view is that it should be reserved for a team who has already won one of these events such as CONCRETE CLIMAX RACING for the N24 and OLD ROSIE RACING for Bathurst. Or teams choosing cars that already have that number on the car such as the Audi and the Pug.

@Chocochocochip5 - As more teams confirm their entry, the possibility of a date change reduces. At this point I would say that it would be very unlikely. I am however sure that tree will be more of these events in the near future.

@ everyone

- We will have a qualifying session, I'm just sorting out a couple of options for you to decide upon.

- I am looking at the lack of a penalty system in practice mode, I'll get back to you.

- If you are thinking about a car and want to be sure its eligible for the class you want to run, PM me so I can confirm it before you do too much testing!

- Regarding people not having raced with each other before; an idea would be to hold a couple of 6 hours races (Silverstone & Spa) in late June/early July, to give people a chance to practice racing with each other, get used to the event system, and to iron out any kinks or bugs.

@Ph1sher - I wondered if someone was going to ask for #1. My view is that it should be reserved for a team who has already won one of these events such as CONCRETE CLIMAX RACING for the N24 and OLD ROSIE RACING for Bathurst. Or teams choosing cars that already have that number on the car such as the Audi and the Pug.

@Chocochocochip5 - As more teams confirm their entry, the possibility of a date change reduces. At this point I would say that it would be very unlikely. I am however sure that tree will be more of these events in the near future.

@ everyone

- We will have a qualifying session, I'm just sorting out a couple of options for you to decide upon.

- I am looking at the lack of a penalty system in practice mode, I'll get back to you.

- If you are thinking about a car and want to be sure its eligible for the class you want to run, PM me so I can confirm it before you do too much testing!

- Regarding people not having raced with each other before; an idea would be to hold a couple of 6 hours races (Silverstone & Spa) in late June/early July, to give people a chance to practice racing with each other, get used to the event system, and to iron out any kinks or bugs.
I already spent 3 hours testing about a dozen different cars... It's a little late now. :lol:

As long as we are all professional about staying on the track and not cut the chicanes (which I think we will all do once the race starts), I would much rather have a realistic draft and not use penalties vs having penalties and using the unrealistic draft. The unrealisitc draft and heavy damage will is asking for trouble at no fault to anyone. Just my two cents. Im going to enjoy this in either case

@Ph1sher

6 hour is pretty long for a practise race, 2 or 3 hours would probably be enough to get a feel for each other. I mean some people will probably have problem to commit for 6 hours and it's better if we get to practise with more people. :)

Will the actual race be broadcast?

That is the plan, but I don't think that @Wardez is going to be available for this one, so I'm looking into alternatives.

It would be great if we could get someone to live stream the race and have a Skype chat open so people could commentate in shifts.

Not if you've got 4 drivers to cycle through, thats 90mins each.
Oh yeah of course :) Everyone will still have to be available the same day but at least it will be pretty spread out over the day.

Oh yeah of course :) Everyone will still have to be available the same day but at least it will be pretty spread out over the day.

I'm thinking we have one on Saturday 28th in the UTC evening and one on Sunday 29th UTC morning. Then teams can pick and choose which one to go to and what time or do both...

Hey @Player 1

Gotta question

So @Chocochocochip5 will be running our first stint then he has to leave then it goes to us 3 main drivers rotating is that okay? So our 4th driver choco is just doing 1 stint to start it off. Or is it only limited to 3 drivers?

Our 3rd driver will be @Masterhec

Team Turtle is ready to roll

It's all coming together... Mwahahahaha!

...If you're going to trash talk, don't call us Turdles, that's a different kind of chocolate altogether. :lol:

6 HOURS OF SILVERSTONE & 6 HEURES DE SPA-FRANCOCHAMPS events announced.

Exact event times are provisional, subject to demand.

Last edited:
Hey guys I've received an invite to this race so I guess I could run a "stint or two" for any team that would be willing to sign me. Not very experienced with super endurance races but have tons of multiclass experience, look into racing statistics (in my signature) and contact me if you are interested. I may only be able to do a couple stints however, we will see. Thanks to the event organizers for the invite however! 👍

Back