2014 GTP European Bathurst 1000 [POSTPONED]Finished 

• Thread starter aboe
  • 86 comments
@AJ @azidahaka @bcd73 @Glenalz81 @Goruk @Mamaghi @merlinrichards @Ninners @o9lifted @RacingLine @rono_thomas @Shahar @Stephen Vann -

Just a quick message to see if you'd be interested in taking part in this race I'm organising, due to start on Saturday October 4th @ 1500 UTC.

It's a bit short notice, I know, but I also know all of you are decent drivers who would quickly get up to race pace in as short a space as an hour, so, with just under five days to go until the green flag, I'm inviting you along to take part in what I hope will be a really tough test of endurance racing. We have several really decent drivers already signed up, so the competition will likely be a hard fought one...

Are you up for the challenge? :D

@AJ @azidahaka @bcd73 @Glenalz81 @Goruk @Mamaghi @merlinrichards @Ninners @o9lifted @RacingLine @rono_thomas @Shahar @Stephen Vann -

Just a quick message to see if you'd be interested in taking part in this race I'm organising, due to start on Saturday October 4th @ 1500 UTC.

It's a bit short notice, I know, but I also know all of you are decent drivers who would quickly get up to race pace in as short a space as an hour, so, with just under five days to go until the green flag, I'm inviting you along to take part in what I hope will be a really tough test of endurance racing. We have several really decent drivers already signed up, so the competition will likely be a hard fought one...

Are you up for the challenge? :D

Could you give me an estimate of when the event will finish please.

It starts at about 4pm UK time, and should take somewhere between 5.5 & 6 hours to complete - so around about 10pm-ish UK time.

Unfortunately i'll have to miss this one, it overlaps with my main series..sorry :(

Why 24 hours race? In real world it will start at 10am local time :P
Why it can be a simulation of real event?

To be different, that's all - others are already organising simulation-type events so this one is a little different. Variety is the spice of life, or so they say.

If PD were to include a larger selection of V8 cars, or even just a base model of one of the current ones, then I would have likely considered simulating something closer to the real event.

Something to think about for future events though, if there are any, so thanks 👍

I can have a practise lobby up at around 1700 UTC - 45 minutes from now - for about 2 hours.

Event Update:

This race has been POSTPONED until further notice due to low interest and low numbers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I know that Finek was signed in to race, then we have 7 drivers. in the CORE events during CSS races we have 6-10 drivers in one race. Last saturday, all day I have a practice, I destroyed for it my free time. Free time for my wife and family. I'm sorry, that You want cancelled the race :( Next time I will not run and waste my time for preparing for race.

Event Update:

This race has been POSTPONED until further notice due to low interest and low numbers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

My GT time has been very limited these last two weeks so I would not have been ready to fight properly on Sunday.
I would have participated anyway but more as a challenge for reaching the finish line.

I hope it will be postponed and not cancelled.
For having a 10+ cars grid, maybe, teams could be allowed for the overall ranking even if the there would have been something special for the first "solo" driver.

I know that Finek was signed in to race, then we have 7 drivers. in the CORE events during CSS races we have 6-10 drivers in one race. Last saturday, all day I have a practice, I destroyed for it my free time. Free time for my wife and family. I'm sorry, that You want cancelled the race :( Next time I will not run and waste my time for preparing for race.

It's totally understandable your POV but I can also understand the reason to postpone, I just found out that crelou wasn't going to race so we were going to be a very small number, I don't think it would be that much fun to race 5h30 with just 4-6 drivers. I hope when the new date comes out we have more interested people signing in.

Also it sucks that you lost a bit of time training last saturday but not everything is bad, at least you don't have to setup your car again and it's not like you'll forget everything you trained for :P

It's totally understandable your POV but I can also understand the reason to postpone, I just found out that crelou wasn't going to race so we were going to be a very small number, I don't think it would be that much fun to race 5h30 with just 4-6 drivers. I hope when the new date comes out we have more interested people signing in.

Also it sucks that you lost a bit of time training last saturday but not everything is bad, at least you don't have to setup your car again and it's not like you'll forget everything you trained for :P

Maybe... maybe It is true :P

Back