2014 Italian Grand Prix

Disappointed in Rosberg. That was his to loose and loose it, he did! Still at least it was a good, clean race this time. Been getting rather sick of all the controversy lately. And Hamilton deserved this one, coming back through the field after a bad start. His move on Magnussen at least gave me some hope that his head isn't completely full of hair gel, tatoos, and names of Afro-American celebrities, as he read that one perfectly.

Not that I can say he's my man of the race. Up to the final two laps I was going to say it was Ricciardo; his overtaking moves made the others look like amateurs. Mind you how Kvyat saved that tank slapper I'll never know! :lol:

I think Lewis was lucky in the end with the poor start and whatever problem he had as maybe stopped him getting taken out from genuine mistakes by Nico :lol:.

The reactions for Rosberg are a little uncalled for, at least the rivalry between him and Lewis is lighting up what has been quite a dull period in F1. Eddie Jordan just really needs to keep quite. The only weak link in a decent BBC broadcast.

Another race weekend, another chance to play "What problems will Hamilton face this time?"

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

Make your picks! This time, I will take b at Lap 1 Turn 1 by a Red Bull.
After review, those who picked mechanical will get credit. :sly:

Massa, your new Mercedes is in the mail. Much thanks, Lewis. :D

Lewis and Nico friends again? Reaaaaaally?

Good drive by Hamilton... I think he was half expecting Nico to cook that chicane again, and the gamble paid off this time.. but it could have easily gone the other way.

Nico did a predictably good job. Except for those two offs, he drove well. I figured the high downforce setup would prove better over race distance, and I think that showed.

Massa is lucky Bottas got a bad start. Lonely race back there.

Bottas did a lot of overtakes, as expected in such a fast car... But it was good work, anyway.

What can you say about Ricciardo? Great comeback. Amazing overtaking. Granted, he was on fresh tires at the end, but a very long stint up front is what made that possible.

Vettel, on the other hand, again, great start, but he still can't seem to preserve his tires, and that early stop really screwed him.

What a terribly awkward podium interview.....

So bummed for Alonso and Kimi. Ferrari can't pull much off this year.

All us Italians can take from this is that a smiley Italian-Australian had a good run.

Also my first thought when Rosberg blew the chicane was "there goes the rear brakes again!".

Excellent race.
Really happy Lewis won and despite the two chicane mess-ups, pleased for Nico too (i'm not against booing, but feel on this occasion was uncalled for), Brilliant one two. Great third place for Massa and some excellent battles mid-field (especially between Jenson and Perez), and Ricciardo showing a stunning drive (future champion without a doubt).

Clearly team-orders ^^
They could have held him in the pits, would have been a more efficient way of making the move happen. Every pundit I've heard has said that this theory is nonsense because not only would Nico not agree to it but he wouldn't look happy after the race and be so apologetic to his team.

Very happy to see Massa finally back on the podium, and extremely happy to see Alonso retire from the race. Ferrari needs way more races like this one. Also really surprised Kvyat kept it off the wall near the end.

Nice comeback from Lewis but he had the edge over Nico at this track so it wasn't too surprising. Didn't think for a moment Nico had pace for a late challenge here.

Fantastic race overall, really enjoyed Ricciardo and Botas driving. Nice 3/4 for Williams.

They could have held him in the pits, would have been a more efficient way of making the move happen. Every pundit I've heard has said that this theory is nonsense because not only would Nico not agree to it but he wouldn't look happy after the race and be so apologetic to his team.

Obviously I weren't serious

Didn't watch the podium ceremony as I didn't think I could bear Lewis's gloating. But I can only imagine Hamilton was struggling to hide his delight at Rosberg getting boo'd! :lol:

Didn't watch the podium ceremony as I didn't think I could bear Lewis's gloating. But I can only imagine Hamilton was struggling to hide his delight at Rosberg getting boo'd! :lol:
I think he (Lewis) felt a bit left out to be honest, what with not being able to speak Italian. Nico and Massa definitely had the one-up in that regard.

Jean Alesi brought Lewis and Nico together on the podium. Lewis said something like they're still friends etc. Hope it can calm down some of the booing.

Jean Alesi brought Lewis and Nico together on the podium. Lewis said something like they're still friends etc. Hope it can calm down some of the booing.
You've got to hand it to Lewis; he sure knows how to paint himself in the right colours! I mean that and thanking the fans in their native language. No wonder some people would believe him if he said pigs could fly! :lol:

You've got to hand it to Lewis; he sure knows how to paint himself in the right colours! I mean that and thanking the fans in their native language. No wonder some people would believe him if he said pigs could fly! :lol:
Nico does it all the time to get the local fans on side because he knows just about every European language, I think he was talking to Massa in Italian before heading up to the podium.

Nico does it all the time to get the local fans on side because he knows just about every European language, I think he was talking to Massa in Italian before heading up to the podium.
You have a point on that at least. Mind you I can almost guarantee that if Nico said half the things that Lewis said over the past few years, some people would be calling for his head. Actually scratch that; they are! Yet the same people take anything that Hamilton says as gospbel. Not that that can be blamed on Lewis; it's just irritating.

Great race, delighted Hamilton won and Massa got one the podium, brilliant drive by Hamilton, had problems at the start but kept calm and got on with it, Bottas had a really good drive too! 👍

Back