2014 Mazda6 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 404 comments
2014 Mazda 6 Confirmed for Paris Motor Show + Production Details

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/2014-mazda6-confirmed-for-paris-motor-show/

Mazda Press Release
2014 Mazda6 to be Mazda's Next SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY-Based Vehicle

All-New Mid-Size Sedan Expected to Go On Sale in 2013

NEW YORK, April 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today will announce the production of the all-new 2014 Mazda6, whose design elements will be strongly influenced by the TAKERI Concept, also making its North American debut today, at the New York International Auto Show. Following last month's launch of the all-new 2013 Mazda CX-5, the 2014 Mazda6 will be the second of Mazda's next-generation vehicles to receive the full suite of SKYACTIV®[1] technologies, and is expected to be released for sale during the first quarter of 2013.

"With SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY and the SKYACTIV-G 2.0-liter gasoline engine, Mazda has showcased that improving engine and vehicle efficiencies can still produce a dynamic-performing driving machine, as evidenced by the 2012 Mazda3 and 2013 CX-5," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. "The all-new 2014 Mazda6 will be the latest Mazda to break out of its segment's monotonous mold and be fiercely competitive versus the current sales leaders."

For North America, the 2014 Mazda6 will feature a SKYACTIV-G gasoline engine and be available with two transmissions, the SKYACTIV-MT six-speed manual and SKYACTIV-Drive six-speed automatic. Best-in-class fuel economy also is targeted, as was achieved on the CX-5 compact crossover SUV. Final specifications and pricing will be announced closer to the vehicle's sale date. The global lineup of the all-new Mazda6 is expected to make its world debut at the upcoming 2012 Paris Motor Show in late September.

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are handled by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com. Product B-roll may be ordered online by visiting The News Market at www.thenewsmarket.com/mazda.

[1] SKYACTIV is a registered trademark of Mazda Motor Corporation (MC).

Should be lighter, more powerful, and more efficient than the current 6 if the CX-5 shows us anything. Can't wait :)

Mazda is on a roll right now, I just hope they can sell these damn things!

Saw a mildly dropped current gen, red 6 with black wheels. From a few hundred feet it looked stunning. The lines just flowed so nicely. First time I actually liked how a 6 looked. Pretty excited for the new one, now.

2011-Hyundai-Sonata-Turbo2.jpg

2011-mazda-takeri-concept-7_1600x0w.jpg

2011_Hyundai_Sonata_Concept.jpg

Still a beautiful car none the less, very alfa like on the beauty scale, But man i see so much YF sonata.

Granted both cars look amazing, i would buy both, especially the 2.0 turbo..

Hyundai sedan...Mazda sedan
Wait, wait. So you're telling me that...a sedan...looks like...a sedan? Sir, you are out of your mind.

Sometimes I think you people won't be satisfied until some company rolls out a damn open-wheel bare chassis with four seats. But then that would look just like an F1 car wouldn't it.

Keef
Wait, wait. So you're telling me that...a sedan...looks like...a sedan? Sir, you are out of your mind.

Sometimes I think you people won't be satisfied until some company rolls out a damn open-wheel bare chassis with four seats. But then that would look just like an F1 car wouldn't it.

^^^ This.

And the Mazda looks so much better anyway.

Mazda does look better, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the base stock one on the streets.

At what speed does the front trim moulding start rattling & scratching the headlight lens? :lol:

Seen this so many times before.

Mainstream manufacturer showcases a concept of the next ...............(insert family saloon name here) press guff states that it's 'very close to what it will look like once it hits the showroom'. When the actual results are:

The next Mondeo!

The actual next Mondeo

As mentioned previously in the thread, of course there will be some differences - but people are hopeful it will transfer somewhat like the CX-5 Minagi Concept and the Production CX-5 probably. At least the general design. Some the aggressive details of the front will be lost, and probably the front fenders would be less flared. Smaller wheels.

Something like this will "possibly" happen:

Minagi CX-5 Concept

2012-Mazda-CX-5-60.jpg

Mazda+CX-5+details+announced12.jpeg

Production CX-5

2013-Mazda-CX-5-placement2-626x382.jpg

2011-mazda-cx-5-3.jpg

Maybe.

No, I'm saying the rear end looks exactly like the sonata. And that's all, Because it does. Not trying to start a sedan war.. Don't care which one looks better cause i like both.

but IT turned into a sonata vs mazda 6 thing...OF course which it was not supposed to be..

Any way sorry being off topic, And for something on topic:

i must be in the minority of saying that the current 6 actually looks really damn good(imo)

2012_mazda_mazda6-pic-1938005189725559663.png

Really underated..

Last edited:
TorqueHappenS08
i must be in the minority of saying that the current 6 actually looks really damn good(imo)

Really underated..

I agree. Both the current Mazda 6 and Ford Mondeo are very sleek motors.

The current 6 does look very good. Problem is, the inside doesn't and everything else about it is nothing to write home about.

I actually prefer the previous design language. It was more unique. The 6 was/is the best example of it. The JDM and EDM models are even better:

2011-Mazda6-facelift-4%255B1%255D.jpg

That's not to say the new designs aren't good. They are just a bit samey.

Omnis
The current 6 does look very good. Problem is, the inside doesn't and everything else about it is nothing to write home about.

Yeah. Plastic, plastic, plastic. Dull, dull, dull.

Ford Mondeo wins when it comes to the interior. Mazda does have slightly better suspension though.

Possibly off topic here:

Do the 'world' Fords really have such good chassis/suspension tuning?

And are they reaallly that 'good' looking? (I feel occasionally but not always.)

Pretty much every UK magazine I've read thinks so.

Also, I wonder if upsizing the 6 for the US paid off. Enthusiasts did not seem to like that and I'm not sure if it helped sales.

That said, I too agree that the 6 is the best looking car in it's class. As was the CX7, the previous 5 and the current 2 and CX5.

Edit:

And the FD RX7 of course!! :dunce:

Last edited:
I'm glad that a lot of sedans are starting to gradually get better looking. While slightly upmarket, the Mercedes C-class is a good example of this.

I see very few of the current 6. I think it's just not an appealing car to most people on a spec-sheet comparison test. Most of the competition has more power and such.

gorsad
I'm glad that a lot of sedans are starting to gradually get better looking. While slightly upmarket, the Mercedes C-class is a good example of this.

I love the C-Class. And I'm not a Mercedes guy.

It does look like it lost the edgy lines in the from the concept, it has more of toned down look. It looks similar to the CX-5.

Back