2014 Mazda6 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 404 comments
I hope it's just the camo that's making the car look "soft". Doesn't quite look as edgy as the concept.

Was thinking that. Looks like it's completely lost the heavily-sculpted sides, which are one of the things that made the Takeri look so good.

DSC_0099 by Vitesse Photography, on Flickr​

I mean, not expecting every production car to hit the streets looking just like the concept, but it's nice if more than just token details like lights or a grille make it.

Really hope Mazda doesn't screw up the Miata by making it too bland. Quite glad that there'll be an equivalent Alfa Romeo version...

Seems quite a bit like the current one.

Added the next morning: Not that it's a problem, current one looks fine. This new one could be shaping up to be exceedingly good looking. Really need to see the lower half too.

Last edited:
So far it looks like they copied the concept pretty well. The hard lines under the mirrors are still there too. 👍

Edit:

mazda6-teaser-profile-small.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty nice so far, though the roofline seems a bit high. If it really is, I think it would ruin the proportions. It'll probably still be brilliant to drive, though. I wonder if we could get a hot version with a rotary...

What is with all these silly people wanting rotaries in anything meant to be driven regularly? Give it a break. The engines are cool and all but are still hundreds of cumulative development years behind piston engines.

What is with all these silly people wanting rotaries in anything meant to be driven regularly? Give it a break. The engines are cool and all but are still hundreds of cumulative development years behind piston engines.

I agree, it was sort of wishful fantasising on my part. I know it'll never happen. I also know that the rotary is pretty much doomed on its own, but may survive as part of a hybrid system. It's not well developed, wears out quickly, uses too much gas, and has little torque. But they are cool.

I will concede that a rotary isn't a good powerplant for daily driving duties...but when you have one on boil, few engines are better.

The new 6 is looking pretty awesome. :)

Ah, this new design language is translating well to the street cars. I like it a lot.

This car is so masculine lol. Looks like a Dodge. In a good way though.

Still waiting on interior.

Super.

I really hope the 6 is as good as it looks. I love Mazda and I really hope they make some profit soon.

Back