2014 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 1,519 comments
I'm past it already, just like I was with the step nose, most of them look great from the side angle and top and especially rear and others, even the STR which is probably the ugliest car next to Caterham.
That's a bit the thing, they know people eventually get used to anything nowadays aero wise, so they don't mind making their cars look ridiculous. I still blame FIA for not foreseeing this though.

But yes; let's just try to limit front viewing and talk about the stuff at hand now, which is the racing ;)

That's a bit the thing, they know people eventually get used to anything nowadays aero wise, so they don't mind making their cars look ridiculous. I still blame FIA for not foreseeing this though.

But yes; let's just try to limit front viewing and talk about the stuff at hand now, which is the racing ;)

I don't know, the FIA will get rid of it like they did the step nose, the FIA is known for banning innovative yet ugly functional items in F1. Come next seen I think it's safe to say finger nose and elephant tusk wont be around.

Hamilton for the race, Rosberg for the championship. You heard it here first (you probably didn't actually).

Yes, but last season they only streamed 1st and 3rd practices, so airing 1st practice on TV is new.. unless they're only doing this because it's the first round of the season.

NBC did the same thing last year. They only aired P1 and P2 live for Australia. After that, NBC streamed P1 and P3 sessions.

You had to look it up now didn't you? :lol:

Haha, no... but it's a word you have to be careful with in English because of it's meaning ;)

It'll take years for F1 to be as accessible to women as to men (if it ever is). One of the things that has to change is the way society treats girls so differently from boys.

Also, you mis-spelt "schlong". Given the theme that you're developing you should see a linguist, a psychologist, or both :D

Haha, no... but it's a word you have to be careful with in English because of it's meaning ;)

It'll take years for F1 to be as accessible to women as to men (if it ever is). One of the things that has to change is the way society treats girls so differently from boys.

Also, you mis-spelt "schlong". Given the theme that you're developing you should see a linguist, a psychologist, or both :D
I think you need an interpreter; i meant cars with female features not girls behind the wheel :lol:

To those complaining about not getting all FP sessions, I just found out beIN sports bought the rights for F1 coverage here this year and according to their schedule they're only airing the freakin' race. I don't think they'll be having a proper pre-show either.

As far as the race is concerned, I have nothing but the obvious to state. Williams and Mercedes will lead throughout. Probably Williams more so than Mercedes.

To those complaining about not getting all FP sessions, I just found out beIN sports bought the rights for F1 coverage here this year and according to their schedule they're only airing the freakin' race. I don't think they'll be having a proper pre-show either.

As far as the race is concerned, I have nothing but the obvious to state. Williams and Mercedes will lead throughout. Probably Williams more so than Mercedes.

Wait what? Abu dhabi won't be showing it?

Nope. Not anymore. I hope we can at least get Sky's commentary on the English channel or Ayman AbdulWahid on the Arabic one.

Will they broadcast it on the non HD channels aswell (please say yes).

If it's true they will only air the race than that is just messed up, I'll bet they get Ayman or the other guy that shows up sometime (Feras I think).

Will they broadcast it on the non HD channels aswell (please say yes).

If it's true they will only air the race than that is just messed up, I'll bet they get Ayman or the other guy that shows up sometime (Feras I think).
IIRC it'll be on 6HD and 12HD, so no. Good news is, they added FP2, FP3 and qualifying o.O

Not sure if people complained or if I'm bugged :lol: I've been bitching about it all day since I found out.

http://www.en.beinsports.net/tv-guide

Edit

I don't know what the prices are in Egypt, but you got all day tomorrow to get their Receiver + World cup package for around $360, paid in monthly installments or upfront. Decent deal considering you get literally everything for it, except decent F1 coverage sadly.

IIRC it'll be on 6HD and 12HD, so no. Good news is, they added FP2, FP3 and qualifying o.O

Not sure if people complained or if I'm bugged :lol: I've been bitching about it all day since I found out.

http://www.en.beinsports.net/tv-guide

Edit

I don't know what the prices are in Egypt, but you got all day tomorrow to get their Receiver + World cup package for around $360, paid in monthly installments or upfront. Decent deal considering you get literally everything for it, except decent F1 coverage sadly.

I think if it's on 6HD then it will be on 6SD, I am already a subscriber and have an HD reciever that was working fine untill they stopped supporting every reciever that isn't their Humax one. I'd have to buy one for 950 LE which isn't something I want to do, unless of course I have no choice. Hopefully the BEIN 6SD will work just fine.

Oh and you probably saved my life, I wouldn't have known at all that BEIN will air the F1.

Just realized I started watching F1 right after Ayrton died in '94. So this will be my 20th season being an F1 fanatic! :dunce:

And what a season we got ahead, seriously can't wait! Really glad to see Vettel isn't the only favourite for the race win after his 9 in a row.

I see Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari to fight for the top 5 spots. Would be especially nice to see Williams back at the top.

I think Rosberg will adopt the fastest to new cars and win the first race but I got my money on Lewis for the championship.

Wish you all a great season! 👍

Just realized I started watching F1 right after Ayrton died in '94. So this will be my 20th season being an F1 fanatic! :dunce:

And what a season we got ahead, seriously can't wait! Really glad to see Vettel isn't the only favourite for the race win after his 9 in a row.

I see Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari to fight for the top 5 spots. Would be especially nice to see Williams back at the top.

I think Rosberg will adopt the fastest to new cars and win the first race but I got my money on Lewis for the championship.

Wish you all a great season! 👍
I was thinking about that myself earlier. Celebrating my 20th F1 season this year too! Hopefully it stays death proof and nobody gets killed by another car's diffuser.

13 years watching every F1 race, I'd say 14 as my father says, but I don't really remember anything before the Japanese GP

Hopefully this season will be as good and exciting as it has been before 2011

Yes, but last season they only streamed 1st and 3rd practices, so airing 1st practice on TV is new.. unless they're only doing this because it's the first round of the season.

Speed also did the same thing, 1 and 2 and for other GP it was 1 and 3

The ABC are predicting slippery conditions for tomorrow - lower temperatures, with higher humidity with chilly south-easterly winds. The BOM haven't gone so far as to commit to this description.

If you want a good idea as to what Sunday will be like, take a look at Adelaide and the Great Southern Ocean. Whatever is out there at the moment should pass through by Sunday. The BOM is suggesting rain on Saturday night, with reasonably strong wind gusts - up to 40km/h - that will back off in the evening.

If you want a good idea as to what Sunday will be like, take a look at Adelaide and the Great Southern Ocean. Whatever is out there at the moment should pass through by Sunday. The BOM is suggesting rain on Saturday night, with reasonably strong wind gusts - up to 40km/h - that will back off in the evening.

As long as the temps are down than they usually are that will help not only in power but longevity of the units, that's my point. Thanks for the forecast.

Back