2014 Round 1 - Nissan Leaf G @ Brands Hatch Indy *GTP Leaderboard*

  • Thread starter Thread starter hognhominy
  • 595 comments
  • 52,348 views
Somehow managed to run a 1:03.886 with a DS3 despite messing up during the first part of the course. Might try to improve some more tomorrow, but I'm pretty content where I'm at.
 
:tup:years 1.03.489, my gtpuname r1roman, my PSNid ro5159:eek:
 
Last edited:
Picchio2009, ds3 abs1 1:04:538 great!!!

1:04:538 Picchio2009
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Best I could do so far with my G27 and aids off, ABS1.

1:04.169 Tintorera Tintorera
 
1:04.227 Lewyman Heyagarn
 
My Time: 1:03.489 AlexFFM1991 , alex_wks

I'll make a better one but this is now my best one.

Greetings from Germany
 
update: Day #2, total practice time: 2 hours
1:03.994 Lambob NobleAtreides , 2,060th , & I got gold medal award screen & some money again for bettering my time
 
YEEEEESSSSSSS :D finaly after the consistency progress from yesterday now a new Personal Best Time 1:03,463 back in the Top 250 WR

1:03,463 r0msii r0msiii
 
Last edited:
It's thanks to my GT Academy experience that I can claim to be faster than Jann Mardenborough - the 2011 national finalists did an autotest in the 370Z, and when I gave it a go, I set a faster time than any of them. Therefore whatever he achieves in his career, I will maintain that based on that single performance, I could do better :p

I like that haha! It's amazing really what Janns done. I remember at the 2011 final when I arrived at the thistle with my housemate starving, seeing the price of the food and being like oookkk we'll share. I noticed Jann already focusing on the event with music playing! He certainly performed at that final to! Even in this years gymkhana he went for it (Good to see) but broke the radiator on the see-saw :D! The car just arriving back in steam! I really do hope he makes F1 as well because it may open up a few more eyes that talent is really out there! I know money plays a big part but hey, if I was a billionaire and I saw a few talented virtual drivers I'd love to see what they've got in a race car!

To be honest actually If I was a millionaire I'd develop the Nissan Micra stock car series because my god that gave some awesome action! Just arrive and drive and no demolition derby and get it televised! Was fun to be in and looking at the judges from all regions it looked like it was also amazing to watch!

Back on topic: I had a go last night got a .223 but I couldn't get near my sector 1 times from previous, only got 3 very high .7xx's! Although starting to really nail graham hill alot better!
 
1:03.792 lisanorm lisanorm

i am so proud of myself, i just wanted to break the 1:04, inside top 1500 at time of this....with all the tied numbers i am way higher on LB :):):):):):):)
Great time! Well Done! 👍
 
1:03.792 lisanorm lisanorm

i am so proud of myself, i just wanted to break the 1:04, inside top 1500 at time of this....with all the tied numbers i am way higher on LB :):):):):):):)
He is from the outer galaxies for sure:lol::lol:
Gonna be chasing that blue line around all day Anzac Day:crazy:
 
1'03.920 alsharif1 IRT_MrG
 
Last edited:

Thx Doodle...so much for just being .8 back bragging rights lol

I might be able to sqeeze a bit more for a 3.5...thats the goal for now anyway.

Great competition, Congrats to all for what you have done so far, keep diggin!

Edit: I was under the impression Doodle broke into the 2's. Guess that's what happens when I check GTP on the phone w/ out all the stats in front of me. so I get to keep the bragging rights for now...

Maybe tomorrow?
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, my PSN is JTURNER_042, im currently 47th with a 1.03.264. Im a bit annoyed because 1st place is obviously using the handbrake, should this be allowed? it just distracts me when I try to use it lol, but he is obviously finding time.
 
Anything goes in order to get the perfect lap, just no cutting corners and hitting cones.
Yeah that's fair enough :). Suppose I will have to master it haha. Although there is definitely at least 2 tenths left in my lap.
 
Hey guys, my PSN is JTURNER_042, im currently 47th with a 1.03.264. Im a bit annoyed because 1st place is obviously using the handbrake, should this be allowed? it just distracts me when I try to use it lol, but he is obviously finding time.

Yea, the handbrake should not be allowed in a competition like this and I doubt very much it is used in the real world in this type of circuit racing. But since it is not against the rules, there is nothing you can do about the "witchcraft" or "black magic". People are just hurting themselves in using the handbrake instead of learning the correct cornering technique without the use of the handbrake. Whatever it takes to win I suppose, its not against the rules.
 
You can erase number 31 from the leaderboard, I'm currently 26th ;)
By the way, good session to everybody :) I can't play today... :/
 
Yea, the handbrake should not be allowed in a competition like this and I doubt very much it is used in the real world in this type of circuit racing. But since it is not against the rules, there is nothing you can do about the "witchcraft" or "black magic". People are just hurting themselves in using the handbrake instead of learning the correct cornering technique without the use of the handbrake. Whatever it takes to win I suppose, its not against the rules.

I'd prefer not to, but I guess like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do to win.
 
I'd prefer not to, but I guess like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do to win.

Yep, but like I said, you're only hurting yourself in the long run in not learning proper cornering techniques by relying on the handbrake in the game. There is a reason its not allowed in the WRS, and definitely shouldn't be allowed here. But yea, whatever it takes, its perfectly legal.
 
Where do you gain time with the handbrake ?
 
Where do you gain time with the handbrake ?
It helps the car rotate through the corner, but makes it unpredictable, which is why I don't use it lol. It puts me off to be honest.
 
Druids, perhaps? Maybe Graham Hill?
Yeah if you watch the top guys replay, you can see him using it at druids, the other corners, he is not pressing it long enough for the red light to show up.
 
Yeah if you watch the top guys replay, you can see him using it at druids, the other corners, he is not pressing it long enough for the red light to show up.
Much like I thought. Druids is a 180º turn, and Graham could use a light tap. Would work on Paddock too, I think.
 
Back