2014 Round 2 - Nissan 370Z @ Apricot Hill Raceway *GTP Leaderboard*

  • Thread starter Thread starter hognhominy
  • 516 comments
  • 47,374 views
He's a man that doesn't settle for 2nd place.
I thought Amo and TRL_SAMURAI were the best i've seen but now i've seen what Immortal can do, i think he is the best IMO.
Improved a little this morning with a 1:34:941. I can see the 800s but it would have to be a flawless lap.
 
Update!

1:36:706 nExx Benni-__-nExx
 
Whoops, sorry, double post!
 
Spill t


Spill the beans about that chicane? I tried tidgneys tips but I was slower :-(.
I'm still struggling with it myself mate. I've been trying it different ways but i still cant get consistency with it. Probably a 1 in 50 chance i cah nail it.
 
Has Pablo already been to race camp? With that pace, he should definitely be able to make it.
 
Has Pablo already been to race camp? With that pace, he should definitely be able to make it.

I think he's ineligible for international karting reasons.
 
Final round, watch Ti-tech85 and IMMORTAL duel, weep. :bowdown:
I haven't really seen what Ti-Tech can do but he didn't seem to put up much of a fight on the recent FT-1 tt. Maybe he give up on it though..
 
I haven't really seen what Ti-Tech can do but he didn't seem to put up much of a fight on the recent FT-1 tt. Maybe he give up on it though..

He is the man that remains undefeated in every single GT Academy Time Trail. In 2008 he was quickest when he had his chance at race camp, but fell short to the eventual winner Lucas Ordonez. He may be inelegible, but he still gives the events is best go, finishing 1st in 2010, 2011, 2012, and most recently 2013.
 
Damn 1:37.903

I suck. :(
 
I thought you were only ineligible for the following year's camp (e.g. if I went this year and lost, I couldn't do 2015, only '16).
 
I thought you were only ineligible for the following year's camp (e.g. if I went this year and lost, I couldn't do 2015, only '16).

Nope. It's all future competitions.
 
After watching a couple of the top 10 replays and chasing some fast ghosts, it's finally starting to click.
I'm down to 1.36.478

Now just need to clean up the esses and my exit speeds before the 2 long straights.

And that crazy chicane. If only the cones were just another foot back. It's like if you turn in just a fraction too soon you clip the cone.
 
1:35.225 Carracerptp Carracerptp

Finally figured out how to get faster in the chicane and hairpin. Now just to get the first turn of T2 right.
 
Didn't realize this thread existed.

1:35.246 - outlaw4rc - outlaw4rc

The 34 is on the table but only if I nail the last sector.
 
So happy right now! I have been fighting with a sloppy/clunky/loose steering wheel, thought I may have damaged the steering column inside the box. Took the whole base completely apart to check that everything was tight, unfortunately it was. I was watching a YouTube video and noticed the "quick release" function of the T500 - my mistake was always taking the set screw completely out which exposed the wire connections, etc. Low and behold, leave that little bugger in a couple threads and the wheel assembly is turned to remove it from the base and reveal a connection similar to the power unit connector :dunce: (kind of looks like s-video connection). Found that 4 of the 6 screws were literally backed all the way out :banghead:! Tightened them up, no more slop and instantly knocked 1 second off my time on my first lap with lots of mistakes (sill very far off the pace). Just put the "factory" brake mod in the pedal unit and flipped them to the GT / top hinge layout and will see where that takes me. Yaaay, don't have to buy another T500 !
 
1:34.674 joshmuggo joshmuggo

Still lots on the table
 
He is the man that remains undefeated in every single GT Academy Time Trail. In 2008 he was quickest when he had his chance at race camp, but fell short to the eventual winner Lucas Ordonez. He may be inelegible, but he still gives the events is best go, finishing 1st in 2010, 2011, 2012, and most recently 2013.

How quick was Lucas Ordonez in the time trial!! 2008 is a fair few years before my time
 
Right if I could just sort out turns 7,8,10,11,12 I'd be on a 35.0xx. :dunce:

We shall see:censored:
 
10 laps after the changes and fix - went from a portly 37.395 to a 36.060 (still with plenty of errors). *Insert happy dance here*

I find if it run for much for than 20-30 minutes I get some kind of drivers block and struggle to improve my times. Happy that through the first sector I am hanging with the current fastest world time (xx_stigGT_xx @ 1:34.461). Hope to get some more seat time this evening after some dinner and QT with my girlfriend. Hey Nick ( @GumballCGT ) if you're going to be in town for awhile, I'd love to get some driver coaching tips - I'll buy the food and beverages, your choice ! :D

Hope to also get in on the snailracing action with you guys this weekend if the Mother's Day stuff works out. :gtpflag:


Cheers,

Don
 
Wow at those .4xxs and I think it's the first time I've really seen Ti-tech improve on a lap and not go top! Certainly an epicly high standard in this years GT Academy! Well played Immortal and StigGT
 
1:34.593 joshmuggo joshmuggo

Small update. Prob another tenth or so in the middle sector.
 
new time 1:34:922
Was actually up on Immortal in 1st sector by -004 with that lap :lol:
 
How quick was Lucas Ordonez in the time trial!! 2008 is a fair few years before my time

2nd fastest in Spain IIRC. There's a thread on these forums somewhere with a spreadsheet screenshot from the 2008 TT. He was a pretty good pedaller on GT if not the quickest. Gives those of us who don't quite have alien status some hope and a fighting chance!
 
Back