2014 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix

United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
After the main European season finishes we head into the final fly aways of this exciting season. The Mercedes boys are favourites for the win here but as we've seen before never count out Red Bull. Get ready for the next round under the lights at the Singapore Grand Prix.

CF4A97566C86BBB36DA7F6496250.jpg

Event date: 19-21 September 2014
Course length: 5.065 km (3.147 mi)
Race distance: 61 laps
Lap record: 1:48.574, Sebastian Vettel, 2013

2013 podium

1st - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2nd - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
3rd - Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)

Sky Sports F1's Classic Races;
Thursday - 2008
Friday - None
Saturday - 2012
Sunday - None

Not a great circuit for racing but the Q3 sessions are always intense, I wonder if Vettel can challenge Ricciardo because he's been successful here in the past.

Ricciardo has to win here to have any chance come Abu dahbi, unlikely but they need to be faster at the high downforce tracks over mercedes.

If they could do the same thing with Macau it would be epic. That's the true Asian Monaco.

That would be so cool. That one hairpin is even tighter than in Monaco, so that probably never happens.

Last edited:
That would be so cool. That one hairpin is even tighter than in Monaco, so that probably never happen.

They could widen it if needed because it's just a normal road but I suspect the cost of bringing the entire track up to safety standards would be very expensive and time consuming. You need balls of steel to drive an F1 car on it for sure!

I tried doing an F1 race at Macau in Race07. It didn't work out well, I got stuck at that infamous hairpin because one of the AI tried to overtake there.

macau will never happen, way too unsafe for an F1 car especially when they would be going upwards of 330km/h on that main straight, which has barriers all over it and not a run off in sight.

So what will happen if the radio rules are broken? Just a fine for the team I assume because penalizing a driver for something his race engineer has said would be a bit harsh.

Last edited:
So what will happen if the radio rules are broken? Just a fine for the team I assume because penalizing a driver for something his race engineer has said would be a bit harsh.
There's been talk of stop/go penalties. That sounds harsh, but some of the bigger teams would happily pay fines if it meant that they could continue instructing drivers, which would render the rule ineffective.

Why do you feel that way? seems to me that if a driver benefits on track from the message he should pay on track. A simple fine these days doesn't mean anything to these teams with the money they are spending. How much is the next step up on the WCC worth these days? Fine them that much and it may mean something.

Why do you feel that way? seems to me that if a driver benefits on track from the message he should pay on track. A simple fine these days doesn't mean anything to these teams with the money they are spending. How much is the next step up on the WCC worth these days? Fine them that much and it may mean something.
There are too many grey areas, an engineer could say something which he believes to be fine and then the driver is punished, I know the big teams will happily take a fine but costing a driver a win laps from the end simply because of bad wording over the radio would be a shame.

Back